Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on November 5, 2011
I spent some time researching winter boots this fall, looking for the perfect combination of fashion and functionality. I usually purchase highly reviewed items, but I couldn't find a single customer review for these anywhere. I purchased them anyway. I was absolutely delighted when they arrived! The gravy color is beautiful; they slid onto my feet with ease and fit perfectly. I've worn them with dresses, leggings, and jeans and they are comfortable enough to wear all day. i even danced the night away in them at a Halloween party held in a chilly garage. The true test came last night during an Alaskan winter storm. We live on the top of a steep, mile long hill. Occasionally it is impossible to drive to the top, as it was last night in the unplowed, heavily falling snow. I parked at the bottom of the hill and trudged through the foot deep snow. My feet remained cozy and dry through the duration of the hike. They are truly waterproof! I'm very impressed; for me, the Tonaleas were well worth the price.
11 comment|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2011
I purchased these boots for my frequent trips to Denver and Lawrence,KS during the winter. It took me about a week to find the perfect boot: warm AND stylish. I live in Tucson, so naturally I don't own anything winter-warm, but I decided that I needed a durable, insulated, and somewhat waterproof boot for when I visit those cities with "actual" winters. I didn't want to pay over $100 for boots that wouldn't look good with my clothes, and these boots have been absolutely wonderful so far. I wore them up at Evergreen,CO over Thanksgiving, and they kept my feet warm. I wore them in Tucson during a cold winter rainstorm, and they kept my feet warm and dry. I sprayed them a couple of times with waterproofing product, and I feel confident wearing them outside in the rain.

They fit really well, and though I purchased my usual foot size of 9.5, my toes have plenty of room with thick socks. No need to buy the next size up. The leg width is perfect for my thin calves: wide enough for pants, but I can wear them with leggings too.

I have yet to wear them in snow myself, but I read a review of these boots somewhere (maybe REI.com) that a woman in Alaska wore them up a snowy hill and the boots performed excellently. Once I test them in snow, I'll update my review.

Bottom Line: Warm, comfy, and CUTE!
on December 8, 2011
What's the point of having a winter boot that isn't waterproof? Loved them until I stepped in snow- a scant 1/2 inch of snow, and instantly felt ice water seeping in and freezing my toes. I would have stayed dryer in sneakers. They look great- the calf opening is perhaps too wide, but that's not a big deal. The leather LOOKS and FEELS waterproof, but my wet socks say otherwise. Perhaps mine are faulty, but regardless I'm forced to return them. Hugely disappointed.
on February 15, 2012
I got these boots for a recent trip to Seattle in late Dec/early Jan. These boots were perfect! Kept my feet warm and dry and I spent ALOT of time walking in them. Even went hiking in them and they've held up great!
I would also recommend ordering a half size larger. I typically wear a 7.5 but based on other reviewers' recommendations, I ordered an 8 and they fit perfectly. At first, they do feel nice and snug (in a good, warm way)and after lots of wear they do loosen up a bit (but not so much to justify a smaller size).
Great overall boot. They excel as a walking/ weather boot and I've gotten many compliments when wearing them over skinny jeans or with a sweater dress.
on January 21, 2012
I did not want to have cold feet this winter, so invested in these shoes. They are really warm for the cold days and look good too. Not too bulky. Today I got to wear them in some snow and the only negative is the waterproof bit. My socks were not dry after a walk in the snow. They were not soaked, but definitely were wet at the tips. Other than that, they are great boots.
on December 11, 2011
Agree with prior review that these boots are not waterproof. How can you have winter boots not waterproof? I was in fluffy snow, and water immediately seeped through to my toes.
on December 29, 2011
They're very warm, but not even a little bit waterproof it seems. Actually kind of seems like they wick the water into the boot somehow from the toe seam because my feet get wet when stepping through very small puddles.

Also the calves are very wide. If this was the prohibition, I could probably smuggle sizable bottles of gin past Johnny Law in the calves of these boots, but I have skinny legs.

Despite those two negative remarks, I wear them every day to work because they are warm and too expensive to waste.
on December 10, 2011
I looked for a long time before ordering these boots. The reason I selected these from the hundreds out there: their height- right, width of the shaft is perfect-will accommodate tucked jeans easily, their warmth and comfort factor. If you have high arches, you're going to need to add an insert, but otherwise, these are cute, casual, and very toasty.
on January 3, 2012
One commenter says they are waterproof, the boot description says they are waterproof; these boots are NOT even water resistant. Walking in dewy grass for a minute soaked my toes! They are very comfortable for my big size 11 feet with bunyons!
on December 14, 2012
These boots are really nice in person. The stitching is really what keeps it interesting. They appeared to be well made. There us a soft fleece lining, even in the foot bed. I bought these for my 11 year old who has been having a hard time fitting boots. The keen 6 was way too large on her foot and calf, the beeko was not large enough. These boots were snug on her toe. The calf fit was pretty good. We had to return them because we need to buy shoes with a little room to grow. But, rather than order a 7 that will probably be too big, we are going to try boot shopping the traditional way, at the store. It's worth a shot for anyone looking for a plain but stylish boot in this price range.