5.0 out of 5 stars Great northern boots!!!!!
Published on January 24, 2012 by Bentley

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
These shoes were ok, but not exactly what I was looking for. Nice fabric and color, just felt hard to walk in. They bunched a little.
Published on March 1, 2012 by lulu

5.0 out of 5 stars Great northern boots!!!!!, January 24, 2012
This review is from: Teva Women's Vero WP Insulated Boot (Apparel)
I love, love, love these boots!!! I bought these boots online hoping to replace my worn out winter hikers. These boots are so comfortable I can walk for miles in the cold. I have used them in slush, heavy snow and very cold and they more then meet my needs. No break in time needed - they feel like mocassins when I am walking. My feet have never been cold in them - even in the -20C weather. So happy with them I am ordering another pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, waterproof, practical and cute, January 28, 2012
When it comes to womens' clothing, it's cute but never practical. Especially footwear. I'm used to finding boots with five fake straps and buckles, a few zippers, or some sparkly doo-dads; all held together with cheap glue that offers little warmth, very cold toes and little support. In addition, most casual boots are clunky and made to wear over your pants. Since I have bird legs I am not too keen on wearing tight jeans to accomodate my footwear.
But with the Vero, you don't have to deal with either of these. I can wear these boots under my jeans or work pants and walk through the snow and sleet with no issue whatsoever. No cold feet or extra socks and no clunky walking - no "skinny jeans" neccessary. And if I want to be "girly" and wear a skirt, these boots look cute with that gig too.

5.0 out of 5 stars super rad boots, November 28, 2011
Raya Pruner (Missoula, MT United States) - See all my reviews
These boots are super comfortable, fit perfectly under or over jeans, with a skirt.... you can splash in puddles and not get your socks wet. They are true to size and did I mention comfortable!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just got these for Christmas...(updated), December 26, 2012
This review is from: Teva Women's Vero WP Insulated Boot (Apparel)
These boots have been on my wishlist for several months. I wanted a pair of boots that are not only cute and fashionable, but functional enough for work; I walk around trails, hike, walk through tall grasses and shrubbery, gather GPS coordinates, and wander around forests a lot regardless of the season/weather. Sounds a bit silly, but on days when the ground isn't very wet and I may have to met-and-greet people I'd like to look put-together.

I'm very happy that I got these boots for Christmas. Although I haven't been able to test them out yet (but we are going to get a storm in the next day or so), I wanted to write a review that I can update later.

So, here's my first impression:
1) the color in the photo does not match the color of the boots in front of me. I wanted the light brown ones, but the boots I have in front of me are a shade between sepia and dark brown. If you want these boots as a fashion statement, then this may bother you. I personally don't mind too much.
2) These boots ARE warm. I can't imagine any part of my body that is covered by these boots getting cold. These boots aren't warm enough to make my feet sweaty, but warm enough to keep a smile on my face all day.
3) There is a zipper on the side of each boot that is hidden/covered by the leather. There is also more waterproof fabric just behind the zipper, as an extra precaution. This is a nice touch and should prevent water from seeping in through the zipper. It also means I don't have to re-tie the laces every time I put these shoes on! This is great for someone with big feet but small ankles and calves. HOWEVER, since I do have skinny ankles, I have to be sure to wear thicker socks with these boots. The inside of the zipper presses on my ankle bone and would hurt if I wore thin socks. Very minor issue but I thought I should bring it up anyway.
4) These boots look like they should last for years. Very well made. I've lost far too many boots in the past. Again, I won't be wearing these boots in a torrential downpour or walk through puddles in them --- anyone that does is just being silly. But for an average rain/snowfall, these boots should work out wonderfully. I tested them out by pouring water from the sink over the toe area, and the water pills and falls right off, just like water off a duck's back. I also made sure to leave a few drops on the fabric to see if the water will leech through the leather, and it won't even leave a watermark. I was going to waterproof these boots just in case; a waterproofing spray not only protects from water damage, but also reduces staining. But that seems unnecessary.

So based off of first impressions, these look like great boots! Definitely worth a 4/5 rating. MUCH better than average boots, but not worth a perfect score. I will update soon and let you know how they work out.

***UPDATE ON MARCH 9TH, 2013:
We've had a few rain storms and two nasty snow storms here and I gotta say, these boots are a gem. Very comfortable, very warm, very stylist and no issues. I wore these boots this morning while I was shoveling my driveway and my feet never got cold! Normally I'm wiggling my toes to keep them warm but these boots kept my feet at the perfect temperature. My comment before about how the zipper area pressed against my ankle bones and hurt a bit? Ignore that because I don't have that problem anymore. Depending on how tight you lace your boots up and how new the boots are, they might need to be worn in a day or two, just to stretch them out. I'm very happy that I got these boots and will be bringing them with me to Arizona. I'm sure they'll withstand the slightly colder temperatures. Before I rated these boots a 4/5, but now I'm changing it to a 5/5. After two months of wear, I've fallen in love with cute boots that are also highly functional!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, March 1, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, February 25, 2012
This shoe quality is amazing!! I wore them in deep snow and they did not get my feet wet and for the most part were very comfy. The one thing was that I thought width Medium would be good but they were a little snugg but the fact that these zip and lace was PERFECT!! Best thing was my Next Day Air shipping cost was affordable and I got my shoes before my vacation!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boot!, February 2, 2012
This is a really great boot! It's stylish, very warm, and has great traction. You feel very secure walking around, although I do recommend wearing thick socks because near the ankle there is some scratching. The zippers can be difficult, but the laces allow you to fit any type of jean in which is nice. Overall, great buy, and not the most expensive!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, but with a flaw, June 3, 2012
This boot is very cute! and comfy - I'm a size 7.0-7.5 and so I ordered a 7.5 which fit fine, but the zipper is extremely difficult to pull up and so I'm returning them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get ready for lots of compliments, February 4, 2012
MN Mamma (Bloomington, MN, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teva Women's Vero WP Insulated Boot (Apparel)
I bought the grey color of these boots and love them. They are like the tennis shoes of boots, you will want to wear them everywhere. They are easily adjustable so you can make them wider to tuck jeans in. I did need to go a full size bigger than normal, and recommend that especially if you want to wear them with wool socks. Every time I wear them, at least 2 strangers stop and ask me where I got them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, February 5, 2013
These have kept me warm and dry in Anchorage's (relatively mild) winter so far. They are perfectly comfy for up to 4 hours of walking, which is the most I've done in them at this point. I haven't slipped yet on the ice and the traction is awesome on snow. I absolutely love the gull grey color.

I ordered a whole size up (8.5 instead of 7.5) as other reviewers suggested and am pleased I did. On colder days I can add thicker socks. I probably would have been fine with only a half size up but my regular size would definitely have been too small.

I have moderately thick calves and these boots work great for me. I adjusted the laces to work with my skinny jeans the first time I wore them and haven't had to adjust them since. The zipper works great, but make sure you wear socks that go high enough to cushion your ankle from the spot where the zipper pushes against it or you'll get uncomfortable fast.