Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

• Tex

100%
Format: HardcoverChange

on September 30, 2011
My 4 year old son really enjoyed the story. The beautiful pictures and sceneries brought Luke's imagination to life. My son was particularly impressed that Luke (or shall I say "Tex") was riding a horse all by himself and worked at the ranch all by himself. The cutest part is at the end when Luke is sleeping and then it is clear that this was all a dream for Luke ("Tex"). A very nice read!
on July 3, 2015
My 1.5-year-old grandson and I absolutely LOVE this book and have read it probably 100 times so far (at least five times in a row per sitting). There is something irresistibly cute about that picture on the cover--the tough-cowboy face, the wide cowboy stance, the hat and the whole outfit on such a little guy--and inside you have these great pictures of the hard-working cowboy who takes a break in the ranch house with his horse, Thunder, who makes "Tex" give the most adorable sweet smile when he nuzzles the boy. My grandson and I delight in the transition from dreamy Luke to--on the next page--spoken in a gruff cowboy voice by both of us--"TEX!!" A really delightful book, so fun to read together.
on January 11, 2012
We got this little book from grandad who got it from a contact he met while he was in the States. We all (ages 2,5 and 8 and adults)thought it was a (deceptively) simple and imaginative piece. It is wonderfully understated, beautifully illustrated and not too cutesy (although perhaps the title 'Tex; a book for little dreamers' does sound a little fey.)We'd definitely read others like this and have recommended it to several other 'horsey' families here in Ireland. Simple ideas are always best and this little 'wish-fulfilment' idea really works. We look forward to others and will keep an eye out on US Amazon (it's not available on the UK site).
on July 2, 2014
Both of my children (3.5 yr old boy and 1 yr old girl) LOVE this book! They ask to read it all the time. I think that the photographs and the fact that Tex is a little boy makes it really easy for them to relate to it. Great book!