Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Texas Instruments TI-89 Calculator Tutor - Volume 2
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

87%
13%

on July 17, 2012
It is not saying much to say that this is MUCH better than the manual for the calculator. That thing is very difficult to navigate and even if you can find the discussion of what you are trying to do, trying to follow the steps is not all that easy. This walks you through how to do all of the main operations. It is great for figuring out how to use derivatives, integrals, matrices and vectors. Because this is capable of algebraic symbology some teachers will not let you use it on exams. It can basically give you the answers to the problems (if you know how to input the information correctly, which this walks you through step-by-step) but will not show the work. So some teachers do not care if you use it on exams because you can only get the points if you show your work.

What I love is that he will walk you through all the buttons to push to input the functions to perform whatever operation you want. Entering integrals and differential equations can be especially tricky, and it is not something you would easily figure out on your own. Even if you cannot use it on your exams you can use it on your homework problems to verify your work, especially if you get assigned a lot of even numbered problems the solutions for which are never in the book.

This personally helped me a lot in Calc 4, because Jason shows a shortcut to entering matrices which because I could use it on exams saved me a lot of time. The differential equation solving capability of the calculator also helped me on my final because I could check my answers quickly and I would have never figured out how to enter differential equations into the calculator on my own. Before I got this I tried doing so and kept getting error messages.

The individual lessons are very short. Usually a max of 15 min or so. A lot of times the lessons are under that. For anyone who has this calculator I highly suggest you get this. It will save you a lot of time and frustration in figuring out how to use it, and will allow you to get the most out of your investment.
on April 30, 2012
I loved volume 1 and volume 2 is no different. I can't recommend this product enough. It unlocks the ti-89 calculator. The tutorials are done on a ti-89 titanium but they all look like they would apply to the slightly older TI-89. As I said in my other review of volume 1, having watched these tutorials was like having a good car and then only later finding out you had a trunk, back seats, and that the windows rolled down.
The TI-89 is, at present, the among most powerful calculator allowed into most exams. Many of its features are a bit obscure so having a full understanding of this tool can only help make things easier.
on August 24, 2013
Jason is very clear and repeats when the going gets difficult. You can either sit and listen or work along with him. The two volumes together make an excellent coverage of how to use the ti-89, which is the most difficult calculator to learn to use I have ever come across, with an official manual that is very far from clear. There are all kinds of tips and tricks that you wouldn't find without these tutorials.
I have one caveat. Instructions for programming it are not included. Given how much the calculator can do there may have been an assumption that this is not necessary. At university level maths I need to be able to do my own thing. Please, Jason, write volume 3!
on February 19, 2012
The manual that came with my TI-89 was a bit confusing for me. These DVD tutorial videos were just what I needed to learn to use this wonderful calculator. Well worth the cost. Tip - Get these videos before you start Trigonometry or Calculus :)
on November 23, 2014
Worked ok till I got a quarter of the way through the program then the program froze. I tried it again and it did the same thing. Not sure of the problem but Im going to check my computer and see if thats the problem.
on March 18, 2016
If you need a quick start with the TI89T then this will fill the bill.
on December 18, 2014
The delivery is so smooth and the DVD is really helping me out.~
on September 4, 2015