Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on HTL

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on April 27, 2012
Texas Manhunt (Harlequin Romantic Suspense)

TEXAS MANHUNT is from the miniseries: Chance Texas by author Linda Conrad and is Harlequin Romantic Suspense release for May 2012.

The Hero: Travis Chance is a divorced and solo dad to a seven year old daughter. He is the owner of the biggest ranch in that area. His romantic history is disastrous as his wife left him with their daughter and went off. He has a big heart and when he sees a newcomer to town in need of help, he takes her in and offers her a job.

The Heroine: Summer Wheeler's life had taken a bad turn when her house was broken into, her husband and baby murdered and she was left tied up and locked in the basement. She suffered through breakdowns and is only now getting back on her feet after the tragedy. But she is adamant on searching for one of the man who was responsible for her tragedy.
Staying with Travis and his daughter, Summer had started to open up her heart and let love seep back in. Electricity crackled whenever Travis was near so she gave in to the passion and then fell for this good, kind rancher.

Then accidents started happening around the ranch. Did her stalker find her before she found him? Or is this someone else? But who will want her dead? And did she bring danger to Travis and his adorable daughter while staying at the ranch? She decided to go away now. But will Travis let her leave?

TEXAS MANHUNT is a thrilling story with mysteries, intrigue and danger. Linda Conrad has packed this suspense story with danger, emotional punch and some sizzling scenes as well! Throughout the story Summer's courage and determination amazed me and I was rooting for her all the way. Travis is a swoon-worthy hero! Then there is the intriguing background story about the mystery surrounding Travis's parents.
on July 13, 2013
I have reviewed this Author Linda Conrad and I use the word Author loosely. I find her writing disjointed, haphazard and lacking flow. While you may become invested in her characters you will have little idea of what is actually happening to them. This is because the writing style is like a 3rd graders collage, lacking adherence to a theme. Her choppy use of grammar crates an irritant similar to walking with a stone in ones shoe. Save yourself the time and trouble. Paint by number romance mysteries have their place and can be entertaining. This author did not get the paint by number guide. It is not surprising that Harlequin dropped her.

I would like to add an observation about The authors reviews.

I was given a copies of several Linda Conrad books to review by a relative of the author. Upon posting my opinion and knowing the family, I realized that several of the positive reviews are none other than family members and the author herself. Her sister Suzy also posts by JCS are her husbands initials. While the honest reviews are short to the point and reflect much disappointment, (although a few gave mediocre reviews.) I also find it fascinating that after posting my honest opinion the author has created a review page on her own website where no one can add a review and all the reviews are 5/5 for every author they review.. Much like a pay review site.. this does set alarm bells off for me that this author is afraid of honest reviews by her readers. This review for instance I found to be typical and right in line with how reading one of Linda Conrad's book made me feel. I can appreciate her persistence but I won't waste any of my money on her books..

Secret Agent Sheik (Silhouette Romantic Suspense)
Interesting but not worth the $1 I paid!
By M. Barth - January 27, 2012
Amazon Verified Purchase
I ordered this based on the title and the story line sounded very interesting. Unfortunately the book falls short. The main character Jasimine, is this undercover agent. But it's like she couldn't decide if she is tough or soft and sweet. I hate how she would refer to herself using her full name, and making remarks about how good and professional a agent she is. And the leading man is going in some many directions. He is professional, then he is overwhelm my physical desire. While the writer was trying to give sexual tension in their relationship, it falls short and all I read was just tension. Also while reading it I am tempted to put it down because it gets so ridiculous at times. Tarik is rich, but she writes that enters the bad guys house and he has to stop his jaw from dropping seeing the gold trimmed opulence around him. Come on if you are a professional you are not phrase by those things. She was trying to do a James Bond type but it more like Austin Powers. I Am so glad that when I ordered this book it was only a $1.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2012
A disclaimer: I am NOT a fan of Romance novels. I find them, yes, entertaining, but way too pat for me. However, because I have met the author at an event unrelated to writing, I decided to buy one of her books to read.

LInda Conrad is a gifted writer and tells a good, suspenseful tale. So from that standpoint, I enjoyed it. The hero is virile, smokin' hot, and has a big heart. A strong,silent type who doesn't fall in love easily. He's a good man with money, of course. and is highly respected in his environs.

Enter the heroine: She's not looking for a husband and doesn't really like the hero at first. She has a secret, uh-oh, that could destroy the hero and his family. Tension! To add to the tension, her life is in peril, since she is being watched (stalked?) by some villainous ne'er-do-well. The tension keeps up its pace til the tumultuous climax. Won't give away the ending, but if what I wrote grabs you, get the book and read it.

I am going back to Martha Grimes, Donna Leon, and Nancy Pickard.
on June 24, 2012
Review by Desere

I have always been a fan of Linda 's books they are filled with passion,intrigue and a love so deep between hero and heroine that you always know you're in for a fabulous ride!

In Texas Manhunt we meet the delicious as sin Travis a man who has taken a hard blow in life with a divorce in the past he focuses on taking care of his beloved and oh so very stubborn daughter.

In comes Summer who has not only had a hard blow to her life but something far more sinister. To overcome the constant nightmares of the night that changed her life forever she has focused her life to getting the one that got away behind bars.

And so the incredible story of love unfolds but unfortunately there is more than one snake in the grass and things ,unexplainable accidents start happening. Yes off course poor Summer is the one that seems to be the one causing the new trouble as all seemed well before her arrival,but ever helpful and trusting Travis refuses to believe it.

The book had so many mysteries that had be turning the page , who is the snake causing the accidents,who and where is the one that got away on that horrific night of murder and is Summer quilty?

The author told a story of love can be found in the most unexpecting places or uhhm towns in this case and not everyone is to be judged by their first appearances.

Well done Linda !

5/5 star review
on March 7, 2013
Texas manhunt is a beautiful love story that captured my heart. Travis is a rancher with a big heart that is raising his daughter Jenna. Summer had been looking for the guy that took her family away from her years before. She found out from a P.I. that the guy lived in Chance. Her car broke down a mile away from the small Texas town. Once she got into town, she met Travis. He gave her a job so she could raise the cash she needed to fix her car. The first time they met they could fell sparks, but tried not to act on the attraction they felt. If you have read many romance books, you know how well that worked out... Part of the plot I had figured out, but the other part blew me away. I was not expecting that twist. The author is very talented. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes action, suspense, and romance all in one exciting book! The story touched me, and I felt a connection to the charactors. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Below, is one of my favorite sentences from the book:
He'd tried to be the good guy. Tried to do the right thing. Now he was going to do the wrong thing, and be as bad as he could be. And it was going to feel so danged good.
on July 1, 2012
Texas Manhunt, a second of a series, follows another Chance brother, Travis.
Travis is divorced, has a large ranch to run and a troubled seven year old daughter to look after.
When Summer Wheeler's old car limps into the small town of Chance, Texas, she's broke, homeless and out of work. She meets Travis and he hires her as a temporary housekeeper. Once she is positioned at the ranch, Travis does everything in his power to keep her from leaving, including bribing the garage owner not to repair Summer's vehicle.
Summer is on a quest to find the men who killed her husband. Soon her tragic past catches up with her and accidents begin to occur at the Chance Ranch.
Linda adds many twists in this romantic suspense novel and it is a, "can't put it down," book. I highy recomend this hot summer read.
Joyce Brennan, author of, Unexpected Gifts," "Broken Promises," and "Don't Dance on my Heart," all available on amazon.

on May 27, 2012
Another winner in the "Chance,Texas" series by Linda. Excellent book two in the series, just as much a can't-put-it-downer as "Baby Snctuary" was. The interplay between Summer and Jenna was so real- and Travis is a perfectly imperfect hero. Love him :) Great job again, Linda- can't wait for Gage's story, please !!!!!
on November 10, 2012
Don't read this book unless you have nothing planned for the next few hours because you won't want to put it down... thrilling and intriguing, the storyline is captivating.

As with all of Conrad's books, you can't go wrong. There are no ho hum parts to skip over, you'll want to read every word.
on June 29, 2014