5.0 out of 5 stars Great Old Time Recipes
Published on August 18, 2009 by John Thomas...

2.0 out of 5 stars A Little Disappointed
Love my Lodge cast iron dutch oven and was anxious to try some new recipes to cook up in it. However, this book is designed for those using it on a campfire (although kitchen conversions are available) and there is way too much emphasis on wild game and desserts. All but about 2 or 3 of the recipes simply don't fit our tastes.
Published on January 9, 2012 by Lucky Lori

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Old Time Recipes, August 18, 2009
This review is from: Texas Treasury of Dutch Oven Cooking Cookbook (Spiral-bound)
I own quite a collection of cookbooks that specialize in old west style cooking. (Most of them can be found on Amazon and are reviewed by me here as well.) The kind that if someone was to submit a recipe that mentioned sushi, they would be hanged at sunrise. This one is one of my newest entries and already becoming one of my favorites. Most of my others cover a broad spectrum of cooking like most cookbooks do. That is side dishes, deserts, vegetarian dishes and so on. This one sticks to its guns in specializing in dutch oven meals. Soups, stews, and specialties cooked in a big covered pot. To me there has never been any kind of cooking ever invented that beat the flavor and wholesome goodness of a one pot dinner. They were always wonderful with more than enough to go around for each plate. They are fondly remembered by me as some of the best meals I have ever had. This book does a mouth watering job of covering hundreds of them. I recommend this book to all of you that miss the nostalgic days of one pot meals, and for the delicious memories that it can bring back again..

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best dutch oven cooking book around!, March 29, 2009
I don't usually buy cookbooks any more becuase you can usually find any recipe you want on the web and you don't have to house the cookbooks. I saw this cookbook in a store one day and there were so many great recipes and good information that I bought it for my husband as a gift. It is the best collection of information on dutch oven cooking and recipes I have ever seen and I own a number of dutch oven cook books already. It has many great recipes and even has a recipe for dutch oven ice cream, no kidding. It is just really great. I would reccommend this book to beginners as well as seasoned cooks (no pun intended).

4.0 out of 5 stars A great collection, August 14, 2006
Jacob Crouch (West Central, IL) - See all my reviews
This book is a great collection of easy to read and easy to follow directions. Some of the recipes might be over the head of the first time dutch oven user but cooking with a dutch oven is so easy and the directions so well written that you will be cooking the most complex recipes in no time.

I have over 25 years experience in the Boy Scouts of America and have been dutch oven cooking for almost as long.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best cookbooks I own, October 13, 2010
I am a very experienced home cook and own many, many cookbooks. I am so happy with this purchase. It's not easy to impress me when it comes to cookbooks and this one impressed with just a quick flip through. The diversity of recipes and ingredients and instructions for cooking without power (hot coals, campfire) are wonderful!!! Every household should have this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dutch Oven Cooking Bible, March 14, 2010
When purchasing my Lodge cast iron Dutch ovens, they come with a pretty good cookbook. This book was also recommended to me by a colleague who has been involved in Boy Scouts, as a young man, and later as a Scout Master with his sons.

It's a great reference and my Dutch oven cooking library is complete...there's more recipes here than I'll likely ever use. Nothing like camp fire cooking in the Dutch ovens !!

Regards...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great companion to the Dutch Oven., February 13, 2008
As a former Scoutmaster, My scouts and I have cooked many a meal in Dutch oven and cast iron cookware. After browsing through this cookbook, I plan to dig out my dutch oven and try some of the recipes I had never thought of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lodge Texas Treasury of Dutch Oven Cooking Cookbook, October 10, 2007
Great cook book like the way it tells you how much charcoal to use easy to follow .

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite cookbook!, June 25, 2011
I've was looking at different dutch oven cookbooks and I'm so glad I purchased this one. Most of the recipes are simple and easy and some a little more complicated. It's a great book and I'm extremely happy with it. I've already made some of the recipes and I'm looking forward to making more of them, if not all!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent collection of recipes. Great resource., May 7, 2011
Douglas Falke (Redding, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a great recipe collection. I have already tested a few recipes and those alone have made the book worth purchasing. A lot of the recipes are handed down and all seem tried and true. The only thing that surprised me was that this book is spiral bound. This is not really a bad thing, just unexpected. Overall, this is a highly recommended book with great recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cookbook, October 10, 2010
A must add book for every Dutch Oven library. Order one now, you won't be disappointed.

Texas Treasury of Dutch Oven Cooking Cookbook
Texas Treasury of Dutch Oven Cooking Cookbook by Lone Star Dutch Oven Society (Spiral-bound)
Used & New from: $3.78