5.0 out of 5 stars Superlative, September 26, 2004
This review is from: Texhnolyze - Retaliation (Vol. 3) (DVD)
This is awesome anime. I havn't had this title for that long but have just about watched it twice all ready. The presentation of the story is very consistently stylish and intriguing or as the case says, "it is a new hard-boiled style of science fiction entertainment". The plot keeps you guessing with a web of different characters and organisations, all set in the mysterious world of lukuss but i'm not giving anything away. This anime is one of the best.

4.0 out of 5 stars WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON?, July 25, 2005
Sesho (Pasadena, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Texhnolyze - Retaliation (Vol. 3) (DVD)
Is it just me or is Ichise getting more sociable? I mean he wouldn't do well at a party but I was amazed when he said about 10 words in this, the third volume of a very deep show. In the aftermath of a street battle between the three main factions controlling Lukuss, Ichise is picked up by Onishi, leader of the Organo. Yoshii, the stranger from the surface world, is doing his best to cause chaos, with his stated aim to make a leader rise up who will be able to unite the entire city behind him or her. I think he just enjoys all the blood. At the same time, rivals in the Organo organization are trying to wrest control away from Onishi, blaming him for all the face Organo has been losing due to his aversion to starting a street war. You really shouldn't get a a guy like Onishi mad, especially if he has Ichise backing him up. Will Yoshii's plan bear fruit?

I have to say that you if you've made it to this volume you probably like what you have seen. I started to quit at Volume 1 but went on watching and I'm glad I did. This really reminds me of a Western except its main character is The Man With No Words! A lot of the show works on mood, especially when Ran, the clairvoyant little girl shows up. Just looking at her eyes makes you take notice of her. Volume 3 is a little heavier on the action than the other two volumes and it actually lets us in on the pasts of some of the main characters. Good show!

Texhnolyze - Retaliation (Vol. 3)
Texhnolyze - Retaliation (Vol. 3) by Hiroshi Hamazaki (DVD - 2004)
$29.98 $9.95