Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on August 8, 2008
This is a high quality cookset that stores neatly and compactly. I like the fact that I can cook most things even if I don't have oil or butter to coat the cooking surface. This comes in so handy especially in an outdoors situation where all the comforts of home are not readily accessible.

There are two caveats that I would like to point out:

1: Make sure and by non metallic cooking utensils to use with this product as metal items will wear away the non-stick coating. Wooden or high temper plastic spoons and spatulas work great.

2: I originally bought this item to stow in my pack. Upon receipt, I discovered that this item is a little large for a 1 person trail pack. I still love the cookset but use it more for family car camping rather than a deep woods hike. If you are looking for something that fits comfortably in your pack I would recommend the Texsport Black Ice Scouter Hard Anodized Cook Set. It's a step down in capacity, but more practical size-wise for one or two persons.
0Comment24 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2008
This was a good product for cooking over a campfire. Only two problems, first, the handles on the lids come loose too easily, and second is that the nonstick lining on one of the pots scratched off on the lip (just from the lid). Aside from that, the aluminum heats evenly and quickly, and it makes a great set for two to three campers cooking over fire. I'm betting that it would be great on a little campstove, too. Would definitely recommend this product.
on July 15, 2008
Space is an issue on our boat. The nesting pots and pans makes it easy for us to cook, clean and store easily.
on December 27, 2011
i have had these for 2 years and have used them numerous times and they are still in excellent condition. they work right on the campfire or on a camp stove. very easy clean up, sometimes you can wipe clean with a paper towel, depending on what you cooked. the do get black one bottom from the soot from the fire but that also washes clean when you get home with a little soap and warm water. the reason i give it 4 stars is because i wish the handles locked in place somehow while being used. they dont stay put and sometimes rest against the pot, becoming hot. but would definitely recommend this set.
on January 16, 2013
I bought and returned 3 other mess kits, from other sources. The pots are a little big for me but the fry pan is much better at 7 1/2" than the last one I bought that was 6 1/2". The non stick is great. This was a good buy. The quality of this Texsport Black Ice is the best I found and the price is right for what you get. Oh, and one more thing. The pot lid handles are easy to grasp, unlike some other mess kits I returned. Tested at home before going outdoors. Great.
on November 23, 2012
This is a nice set, it packs up quickly and neatly and fits right in the little bag. They are non stick and that's great when camping.They are a little small, but still worth the money. We bring these and a big cast iron pan and are able to make a variety of food thanks to the pots.
on May 26, 2014
Exactly what I was looking for, a nice light and decently-sized cookware set. Subtracted one star because I didn't catch that these DO have a non-stick coating, which can scratch if you use metal utensils.
on July 7, 2013
Quality pot set. Nice finish and should last for a long time. Not to impressed with the bag that holds pots but for the price it's nice.
on June 23, 2008
We used these last week on our first family camping trip. They held up well and did the job.
on December 20, 2012
This is a really nice lower priced item. they heat evenly, clean up well, and nest together nicely. The only reason I only gave 4 stars is that I had to cut some foam to put between them because they rattle like a diamondback!

See 1 answered question