Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TextAppeal - For Girls! - Text The Guy, Get The Guy!
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on May 5, 2012
Easy read - gets it one star. That is where my generosity stops.

Whether I spend $1 or $20 I expect a book to be worth my time. This one was not. I'll save you the valuable time and sum it for you. Be edgy and fun, somewhat hard to get and mirror (give what you get). Now you can move on to some more book worth your money and time. AND this advice is only geared for the guy that wrote this! It won't work with most guys. He goes on and on about being relationship material but the kind of guy this advice works on is NOT relationship material - all he likes to do is play games.
on September 9, 2011
Okay, so first - I recently experience a divorce. Getting back into the dating world seemed quite daunting, but I dove in anyway. No guts, so glory, right? Problem is, I didn't know how to swim!!! The result? I quickly started drowning into terrible 'relationship' after terrible 'relationship.'

I am an intelligent, beautiful young woman with a stable career that I love. I am confident and independent. I thought that was enough to make guys come flocking! And they did... till about a week into it. I thought that if they liked me and I liked them, that total bare-bones honesty was fine!!! (I was also guilty of textaholic behavior. Ooops!)

I never understood why they would get into a relationship with me, adore me... why everything would seem perfect and then they'd abruptly pull away and disappear. I didn't understand why, with all my other qualities, I was sometimes perceived as a certain type of conquest... and not the sort that ends in a relationship. Apparently, I was misinterpreted as clingy, needy, weak and lacking self-respect. BUT I HAD NO IDEA WHY!!!

That's where TEXTAPPEAL came in. I read it all in one sitting. It's conversational and funny and soooo unbelievably informative. It's not just a book of 'do this and do that' but really explains why... in a common sense way, humorous way! It was light bulb after light bulb going off while I devoured the book.

I discovered answers to questions I didn't even know I needed to ask.

Within two days, I finally had the skill-sets to cut off a really bad long-distance relationship. I also got the courage to set strict boundaries with a guy who continually went past my comfort zone concerning 'inappropriate' texts. And without even intending to, just by following some of the things outlined in the book, I even grabbed the attention of a hot coworker!!! It's been an amazing, unbelievable turn around!!

BUY IT. READ IT. TRY IT FOR YOURSELF.

FYI: I have never written a review before, but I felt strongly enough about this book to get online and take the initiative to share my opinion. :)
44 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2011
OMG, I have been using your book and I literally have 5 guys texting me at all times and I go for days without reply on some because I just don't have the time to keep up. Every time I drop one guy, I pick up 2 more and I never put all of my eggs in one basket anymore. My dating life has gone from zero to off the scale because I am a challenge. I got a movie and dinner AND breakfast out of a guy the other day who had ignored me for months. My sisters swear by your methods too and we talk about you at the dinner table....."What would MM do?" Thanks!
on July 7, 2013
Texting is a huge part of dating today. Knowing how to text (and how NOT to text) is a skill and an art form. This little e-book can teach you what you need to know to drastically improve your text game. But the author Michael Masters does so much more than teach women how to text better; he teaches how to build attraction and become more desirable... knowledge that translates far beyond texting.

There are a lot of dating books out there for women. Before reading Text Appeal, I'd read many of them. Believe it or not, this is the book that ended my need to ever read another. It covers all the basics in a compact and quick read (I read it in a couple of hours), it's written by a man from a man's perspective, and it's written in a style that anyone can easily understand and relate to.
on June 16, 2013
I do a lot of things Mike talks about right naturally. I have a great sense of humor, quick sassy comebacks, intelligent, set boundaries, etc... my problem was in not thinking about the teeter totter effect. I would enjoy the rare conversation with a worthy opponent so much that, in hindsight, I would run them off with my quick response time. I hate to be ignored, and kind of took it personally if they didn't respond right away. My teeter was tottering, so to speak! :)

Mike's book has helped me visualize what a guy might show his buddy when he gets a text from me-would they laugh like I'm a psycho and hit delete, or would he be like 'wow, this girl is so amazing' and keep looking at it off and on... I am currently practicing his techniques and common sense advice on a guy that will hopefully be around quite a while!!

Thanks for the wake up call!
on September 28, 2012
My brother recommended this after he read the guys version. It's great cus u can flip around. You don't have to go from beginning to end. Although I'm pretty great at all aspects of flirting, desperation for attention gets to us all once in a while and this book proves people should just stop and think before texting. I read it in 2 hours.
on February 18, 2014
Overall, the book is a short guide on not being too available/ easy and creating interest. I'm sure you could take the basic principles of this and be okay. Most relationship book say some of the same things. I guess I was expecting some better examples that were not so corny. I was hoping to receive several examples of cute and maybe even romantic ideas to text not a relationship guide. This also seems to be geared toward one type of guy and he has no urban qualities at all.
on February 16, 2013
The book is certainly unpretentious and very easy to read. You can put the techniques in practice right away. And they work. Tried it myself and even started getting 2-3 messages in a row from a guy I've been seeing. The less I write, the more he does. Had I known years ago!
on July 18, 2013
I bought this book after reading rave reviews here in Amazon. The book wasn't that bad but I was expecting a lot more when reading the review. A lot of this was common sense stuff such as don't text a guy more than he text you, don't bombard him with texts etc. A lot of the book was just the author trying to get you to pay for consultations and products. I learned more bout texting men from other books. And it didn't give you many examples of what to send a guy. Don't waste your money unless you are desperate for the basics.
on August 18, 2011
I really enjoyed reading this. The ebook not only helps you with common texting problems, but helps you in issues dealing with the men in your life that you are dating or trying to date. It is clearly written, easy to read and straight to the point. I found out I have been making many mistakes in texting and now I have a great resource to help me fix them. Thanks for much Mike for writing this. I needed a male perspective because we all know females and males don't think alike.