4.0 out of 5 stars A good update of a classic text.
Published on June 23, 2011 by Ron S. Sklar

3.0 out of 5 stars Good until....
Published on August 14, 2012 by P S Colby MD

4.0 out of 5 stars A good update of a classic text., June 23, 2011
This review is from: Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (Paperback)
The latest edition of the NRP test published in May 2011. The format is similar to previous editions and is intended to give the basic approach to resuscitation of the newborn. The objectives of the text are to standardize care of the newborn. On completion of the text one will then be able to take the online test prior to the practical course scenarios given in a live class. Fortunately the old lecture format for the knowledge section of NRP certification is a thing of the past.

The positives:

Basic building block approach
Simple concise language
Controversies discussed
Science and research based on best evidence
DVD with book gives great examples
More emphasis this time on communication and rehersals.

Negatives:
This will not replace Mark Twain or Jane Austin as great writing
May be tedious for those who have taken the course before
Still teaches intubation skills which are difficult to learn by models.

The authors deserve credit for updating a classic text that is required reading for those taking the initial or renewal course in NRP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neonatal Resuscition 6th Edition through Amazon, October 1, 2011
This review is from: Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (Paperback)
Whenever a new edition comes out, I like to purchase my own for constant review and referral during
the years it is current. The DVD that comes with this book has helpful reenactments to help visualize the flow chart in most situations. As true in previous editions, the book is layed out in such a way to promote easy understanding and reinforcement.

This edition definitely is worth buying due to the new changes. It's just not the same old same.

Further, the time it took to get the book and the condition were both excellent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good until...., August 14, 2012
This review is from: Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (Paperback)
Disappointed with DVD-rom! Book was good with better organization than previous edition BUT surprise DVD snafu. Description claims that DVD-rom compatible with Windows OR Mac. I had everything that "requirements" section listed. Imagine my surprise when it didn't work. When I called Amer. Acad. of Pediatrics, they informed me that newest upgrade of Mac systems was NOT compatible with DVD-rom. [A disclaimer might have been useful before I made purchase]. Their suggestion: use Windows or just use book portion without the DVD. Oh...OK. I'll just blink (like "I Dream of Jeanie") and conjure up an extra Windows computer. Noooo problem :o/

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your time, September 27, 2012
This review is from: Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (Paperback)
Waste of money without the cd working with my Mac. Disclaimer would have been helpful. I just got it and I am sending it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Neonatal Resusciation, September 30, 2013
This review is from: Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (Paperback)
I am very disappointed due to the fact that the DVD does not work. Therefore, it s not any good to me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Neonatal Resuscitation DVD, September 12, 2013
This review is from: Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (Paperback)
Neonatal Resuscitation Textbook [With DVD ROM] 6 Pap/DVD editionThank God the text book was informative and comprehensible; because the DVD didn't work. The DVD is a vital learning tool needed to help me practice and improve my technique in neonatal resuscitation; in my profession as a RN in L&D and Mother/Baby. I wrote a letter to Amazon.com requesting another copy thru their complaints department online; to no avail. I spoke to someone at the publishing company; but no one was able to assist me in getting a new copy. The neonatal resuscitation DVD is a critical learning tool I can use for years to come; so I would really appreciate someone helping me get a new copy that has no defects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neonatal Resuscitation Textbook (With DVD ROM), October 18, 2011
This review is from: Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (Paperback)
Book arrived quickly, needed for CAPE renewel. Perfect condition, ordered new. Pristine shipping , great packaging. Very informative and useful to keep up with current changes of practice. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars NRP text book, March 3, 2012
This review is from: Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (Paperback)
I like to have my own text books for classes I have to take at the hospital. That way I can refer to them any time I want. This was cheaper than purchasing thru the hospital and AHA. This is the same issue that we are using. I received the book sooner than I anticipated. I am very pleased with the NRP book and Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Newest edition of a standard text, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (Paperback)
Well-written how-to text for medical professionals involved in assessment and care of the newly born. Covers skills needed by a variety of providers and explains how each fits with another to provide the best outcome for the baby. Accompanying DVD shows delivery scenarios from simple to complex as well as video clips for equipment use. One of the more useful texts I've had in my career.

5.0 out of 5 stars NRP 6th Edition Book and DVD, August 6, 2012
This review is from: Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (Paperback)
Both the book and DVD were very good reviews for me. The tests and chapter reviews were very helpful, the ilustrations were very easy to understand and the case studies with the DVD simulations were awsome. I felt like I got my money's worth.

Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) by Ronald S. Bloom (Paperback - May 15, 2011)
$60.95 $46.34