4.0 out of 5 stars It is exactly what you expect it to be.
This is a great, entertaining bathroom or coffee table book. Because the segments are so short, you can read it in the bathroom or just read a few passages a day for entertainment value. And the book was inexpensive so basically you get what you pay for.
Published on February 20, 2010 by Casey J. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Drunken Idiots Gone Wild
Published on January 5, 2013 by N. Bilmes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars It is exactly what you expect it to be., February 20, 2010
This review is from: Texts From Last Night: All the Texts No One Remembers Sending (Paperback)
The ONLY thing I have to complain about is the authors made a failed attempt to have some kind of linear flow to the book. Not so much a "plot" but tried to link some of the texts and some of the chapters together and make a little story out of them. And that aspect of it was done poorly. But it does not take away from the entertainment value of the book. I'd recommend this product...but not at full price. Get it off the sale rack and put it with your coffee table books or on the back of your guest bathroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beatiful Transition, February 2, 2010
What's great about this book is that it's perfect to bring to parties. People will immediately pick it up and read read their favorites. Your parties and gatherings need this book. If you're a serious TFLN fan, not to worry, it has a ton of new messages that aren't on the site.

Get one for your creepy uncle, he'll love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the site----, February 5, 2010
A. Chalut "Book Guun Guun" (Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan USA) - See all my reviews
Love the way the texts were categorized. Especially loved the section on states. You'll laugh until you cry, so make sure you have a box of Kleenix around. I'm trying to figure out a good drinking game to accompany my copy.
Lauren? Ben? Any suggestions?

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG Love it!!!, December 27, 2010
My friend recommended this book to me, and so I decided to give it a shot. Oh. My. God. Freaking hilarious. I literally was laughing so hard I was crying! It is basically a compilation of funny text messages sent to people...and I'm sure everyone can see a little bit of themselves in this book! I would recommend it to anyone, and it is def. a page turner! I was trying to read it before I went to bed, and I just kept telling myself "okay, only one more page..." "Okay, after this page, go to bed!" But I just couldn't stop. Some of them have you wondering WTF? Others have you laughing so hard you feel like you have to pee your pants. All of them are divided into certain chapters, complete with a section about "420", your state, tequila, vodka, hooking up, phone errors (must read!) and there are some in there that make you scratch your head, but I guarantee that everyone will have at least a few quotes that they can use.

Some of my favorites include:
Journey is playing on the radio...I think it is a sign I'm going to pass my drug test

Dude I'm not sure whos appartment I woke up in, but I just showered here, and their shampoo is phenomenal.

There's paper in my vomit

My blind date arrived. She looks like something I'd draw with my left hand.

Not only are you not the girl I fell in love with, but from the looks of it, you ate her.

I also still think their baby is ugly. I also still think its yours.

Well, that is just to name a few, but there are a ton in there! If not for anything else, put this on the coffee table, or even in the bathroom, I guarantee that you will have people laughing like crazy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, January 28, 2010
Victoria A. Iagnemma (Commerce Twp., MI, USA) - See all my reviews
Funny, funny book. Makes me glad I didn't go to college in the age of cyber communciations! Kudos to LL and BB for turning a funny idea into a full cottage industry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick, but hilarious!, January 10, 2011
This was the perfect book to have on hand for a quick laugh over a long weekend. It doesn't require deep thought, by any means. But the shock factor of reading some of the things people have actually sent via text message is well worth the time to read it. I shared several of these entries with friends as I came upon them in my reading and we all got a good chuckle over them together.

A great way to get a good laugh and a great way to start a conversation among friends. I look forward to future installments of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Texts from last night, December 28, 2010
Funny. Though highly inappropriate for anyone younger than a high schooler. My 18 year old daughter had wanted this book based off what she read on the internet site. Once she received it she did't put it down. I skimmed through it before I wrapped her gift as well and had a good laugh too, even though some of it made me a bit uncomfortable - like listening to a comedian talk about sex, while drunk.

3.0 out of 5 stars Drunken Idiots Gone Wild, January 5, 2013
N. Bilmes "bookaholic" (Vernon, CT United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This is not a book for anyone under 16. It's filled with text messages that have been sent by hard-partying college kids and recently graduated high school kids after they've been out drinking and or smoking. Text after text about vomiting, sex, drinking, sex, puking, drugs,hangovers, etc...populate the pages. I enjoyed the first few pages, but as the book kept going there just wasn't enough variety and the constant stupidity grew boring. I think this would have been better if we read texts, and then got to read a follow-up paragraph on the consequences about the actions that led up to the texts. It would have been hilarious to read about what happened to the woman who texted her boss one night offering to give him a ---- --- the next time she saw him at work.

I recommend 'When Parents Text' if you're looking for a book in this theme.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for just a fast read, December 11, 2011
its really funny... I died especially when someone texted " bring over the fire extinguisher, we're gonna get the mailman again!" lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Funny - Best In Small Doses, October 8, 2011
Michael P. McCullough "moik" (Klamath Falls, Oregon, USA) - See all my reviews
This is a collection of hilarious texts from the popular *Texts From Last Night* Website - very funny short statements presumably found on cell phones the next morning by blackout partiers - often things one would be embarrassed about. But the TFLN format has become a specialized comedy form - I am guessing most these are fabricated. After a while the part of my brain that thinks these are funny becomes overloaded; so although this book can be read in one sitting it is best sampled in small doses - reading them aloud to a friend, for example.

BTW - TFLN also has a Flickr group. I posted one of my photos there ("Oh What A Night!") and it received over 100,000 views - by far my most popular flickr photo.

One correction - in the back of the book there is a section of texts arranged by state. The one from Oregon shows a map of Washington - no big deal.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Texts From Last Night: All the Texts No One Remembers Sending
Texts From Last Night: All the Texts No One Remembers Sending by Ben Bator (Paperback - January 26, 2010)
Used & New from: $0.01