4.0 out of 5 stars "Waynes" in comparison..."
It's no big secret that Lil Wayne is one of the hottest rap artists in the music industry so it's no surprise that C4 was one of the most highly anticipated albums of the year. One so highly anticipated that a leaked version was released a week prior to the albums actual release date. As many other reviewers have said, C4 falls short in terms of the creativity, insanity...
Published on September 21, 2011 by $0uth3rn P03t

3.0 out of 5 stars Just decent... a letdown
Published on September 1, 2011 by NPMusicman

3.0 out of 5 stars Just decent... a letdown, September 1, 2011
This review is from: Tha Carter IV [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
I just got the album, so maybe it needs to grow on me or something. Most of this album though is just Wayne coasting, from what I gather. Some of Wayne's best rapping has been on tracks we've already heard ("6'7") and some of the other brightest spots on the album come from guests (Tech N9ne, Nas, Drake, etc.) That's kind of depressing. How many times is Wayne gonna use the same flows, the same similes and metaphors ("life is a ...") and the same scatter-brain subject matter??? None of his songs are ABOUT anything in particular and it sounds like he's just doing one big freestyle for almost the entire album. I miss the songs that were ABOUT SOMETHING... Even if the song just had a loose concept or something to work around. The beats have been better and Wayne has been better. It's not BAD, it's just not GOOD like that. It's an inconsistent effort. I actually found Tha Carter III more engaging than this one... actually, Tha Carter I, II, and III were better than this. Damn... Again, not bad, just not that good either.

After Rebirth (which was an entirely different animal), I Am Not a Human Being and Tha Carter IV, I'm beginning to give up on Lil Wayne. 3 weak and mediocre albums from this dude? I don't think he has it anymore. Wayne can make a reggae album, a Spanish album and the Carter V if he wants to because at this point, I'm not interested in picking up another album anyway. I don't hate the album; I'm just tired of being disappointed.

Updated: 11/22/11 I haven't bumped this album much since the first week or two it was out... Just saying... 'Nuff said.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wayne just Q-U-I-T!!!, June 23, 2012
This review is from: Tha Carter IV [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
How I see it, my stepdad bought this album and I'm surprised a guy in his mid 40's would buy this shyt along w/ Rick Ross group album smh..I'm 20 years old and I listen to listen to cats like Redman, Das Efx, Heltah Skeltah, Sean Price THAT GROWN FOLK HIP HOP! Anyway, he played it in his car and that album wasnt all that. Really that album should've been still in the making to 2012 this summer instead of last summer. Wayne really needs to quit rapping, b/c he dont really rap about nothing meaningful. His songs always leaves you amped and hype but with nothing learned and that what makes a WEAK record in my opinion...

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre Album, September 2, 2011
This review is from: Tha Carter IV [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
This Is better Then Sorry For The Wait but You can Tell He Proably Wasnt on anything during this production, its seems so forced. None of the originality and creative out of this world smooth flow that made him famous. I like a couple songs but there isnt one song that i absolutely love. But I ABSOLUTELY HATE How To Love. Theres Also Way To many Features.

1.0 out of 5 stars What The HELL IS THIS FOOL TALKING ABOUT?!!, December 29, 2011
The only reason why everyone is buying this Bla bla bla!! Is because it is only been displaying on everyday Radio. (It gets advertised to damn Much!) News flash!!"The Government wants you to be retarded!! WTF!!!! Do you actually have to not make seance to make a hit Record?!!! I know I'm going to get a lot of people talking Crap backing up this senseless lyric hip hop. If you are, tell me what the hell he is talking about. I would love to see you back that UP LOL HAHAHA!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Major Drop Off, June 15, 2012
This review is from: Tha Carter IV [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
As a person whose listened to Wayne since he's broke into the rap commercially since '98, this has to be one of worse albums I ever heard. Compared to the Carter I, II & III, it goes to show once some artists who has reached a level of success they can sometimes loose their way. Out of all 18 tracks, only 4 songs: So Special, How to Love, 6 Ft 7, and Megaman were only worth my attention -- the rest was either on average or had me down right scratching my head. Hopefully Wayne will be able take the constructive criticism of some people who actually care about his potential as a rapper because this album didn't do it for me as listener.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, August 31, 2011
Shane Hughes (Edmonds, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Lil Wayne will never match the first Carter in my opinion. His wordplay, his flow, not to mention the amazing production from Mannie Fresh. That one had it all. This is a natural progression from number 3 though. It's definitely got some great production and great guest spots. I'd even say that the guests out-rap Wayne at times, especially Tech and Nas, maybe Busta as well. This will get him even more radio play and I'm sure it will sell a million because this is what's popular in the music industry today. Not saying that's bad but it is what it is.

As far as this album is concerned, there really aren't any "weak" tracks, but there aren't really any amazing tracks either. It flows well though and is worth the purchase if you are a fan. Wayne knows his target audience and serves them well here. Stand out tracks to me are Megaman, She Will, Interlude, Abortion, President Carter, Outro, and Mirror. Mirror should definitely be a single and would be a huge hit, although being a bonus track I'm not sure it could be released. Anyway, buy this if you like him, and if you don't then this won't change your opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to The Carter 1, 2, & 3, September 2, 2011
This review is from: Tha Carter IV [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
Yup, you guessed it. It sucks! More mediocrity from pop rapping sensation Lil Wayne. Auto-tuned filth, and far too many guest appearances from other rappers. Well some of them are rappers, some are pop rap abominations, such as Drake and T- Pain. This is merely proof that Lil Wayne can't carry an album on his own because well, he sucks. Just listen to the guy talk during interviews, or better yet, go watch a bit of some of his ustream shows that are floating around online. The guy is practically brain-dead, and it really shows in his "music". This is rap for posers and kids. I've literally seen little elementary and 6th grade kids jam to this nonsense thinking they're badass. Ugh. Stay far away from this abomination. Hip Hop and Rap is dying, and Lil Wayne is a major contributor. If you must listen to this, all I ask is that you admit it's crap. Listen away, but do not proclaim that Lil Wayne is the greatest rapper alive, because he isn't.

3.0 out of 5 stars What went wrong, September 3, 2011
I don't know what went wrong but this album is not Carter material I think the Ace hood and Game albums were better then this one! I don't think Weezy has anything to talkabout in his music.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just another piece of garbage, which is not surprising., December 29, 2011
This review is from: Tha Carter IV [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
I've listened to Lil' Lame's tracks (not songs) from several of his albums (thank you, youtube). This one is, just like all the others, nothing but garbage.
Wayne's voice is so nasal and annoying, I find it hard to believe that anyone can take it for more than a minute, let alone LIKE hearing it.
The beats and background nonsense are generic.
The only times the whole thing improves is usually when a guest comes in and actually sounds like a good rapper. Does no one notice this? Come on! This guy is a hack, nothing but hype.

If I could give it negative 10 stars, I would.

What a sad world we live in, that garbage like this is more popular than, say, Tori Amos, Tarja Turunen, or Cynic, to give but very few examples. *sigh*

1.0 out of 5 stars garbage, December 9, 2011
This review is from: Tha Carter IV [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
i must be getting old....this is GARBAGE. worthless...pointless....terrible. if you give this 5 stars you're on something, or getting off it.

Tha Carter IV [Deluxe Edition]
Tha Carter IV [Deluxe Edition] by Lil Wayne (Audio CD - 2011)