4.0 out of 5 stars Thane H2O mop review
While nothing will ever really replace the Cinderella-style of hands and knees scrubbing, this mop certainly is better than pulling out the regular mop and bucket of luke warm brown water.
Published on April 1, 2008 by Sharon

1.0 out of 5 stars H20 mop
I received my mop today and am totally disappointed !!!!!!!!!!!! It doesn't do what they claim. After mopping my tile floor, you couldn't even tell it had been mopped except for cleaning up recent spills.
Published on April 6, 2008 by Janet M. Rose

4.0 out of 5 stars Thane H2O mop review, April 1, 2008
This review is from: Thane H20 Mop Steam Cleaner
It is sturdy enough and easy to assemble. its easy to use and does a great job of cleaning without chemicals. Sticky juice spills in the kitchen come up quickly and easily and the sanitizing feature is great for the area just in front of the bathroom toilet where men can never seem to avoid. lol.
The cord was plenty long enough for the rooms in my house, since I dont live in a mansion with huge rooms. And I was able to clean my kithen ceramic tile in less time than it took my husband to go outside and smoke a leisurly cigarette. The floor dried much faster than with regular mopping but I could see spots of dampness here and there when I was done so I am not sure how safe i would feel using it on hardwood floors.
The cons: it only comes with 2 reusable pads. So after the kitchen and bathroom I had to stop and wait for the wash before I could do the hall bath and the downstairs bath. Plus I felt I could redo the kitchen a 2nd time since the pad was so filthy the first time around. So you really do need to buy more pads.
Also, it does NOT do grout. If you have a spill in the grout lines the best you can do is 'sanitize' the spot (holding the mop there for 8 seconds) to loosen the dirt and then manually wiping clean with a rag or paper towel.
Finally, while the swivel head is easy to manever, it really does not get into corners all that well. And much like regular mopping, you have to sweep well or vacuum first or else you will just be pushing around crumbs or hair which will collect along baseboards and corners.
Since this is a great novelty mop, and since I love that I dont have to buy cleaners, I would definetely recommend this mop for people who like to keep their floors clean, and are sick of the mop and bucket style of cleaning. My floors are cleaner and I look forward to using it again when those stupid pads go through the wash again. lol.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, April 27, 2008
This review is from: Thane H20 Mop Steam Cleaner
I love this mop and it does all I have expected it to do. It does a great job cleaning, you don't need chemicals, is lightweight, and the steamer is ready to use in about 10 seconds.

The water lasts a very long time. The carpet glider works great, and though it won't clean your carpets like a carpet shampooer, it did brighten my carpets, and the steam "opens" the carpet fibers which made my vacuum work better.

My daughter has allergies, and this allows me to kill dust mites without chemicals in the carpet.

1.0 out of 5 stars H20 mop, April 6, 2008
This review is from: Thane H20 Mop Steam Cleaner
It DOES NOT clean grout like they say. I have some grooves in my tile and it would not even clean dirt from them !!! I would not recommend this to anyone. Save your money !!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars H20 Mop is great, July 15, 2009
This review is from: Thane H20 Mop Steam Cleaner
I was looking for a floor cleaner that was easy to use,easy to store,did not stink up the house,left no residue and did not leave huge puddles on the floor.I love this little model. It is great for the kitchen vinyl floor. I takes very little time to heat up and works like a charm.This is great for fast and easy use. I have used is successfully on small area rugs. The pad stays on(most of the time-I lost the rug attachment plate but it still worked great)and it is very easy to maneuver and is light weight.I have tried other models of steam cleaners and I was disappointed with their ability to clean corners. This was not an issue with the H20 mop.I would say that if you don't change the pad enough you will get puddles on the floor(this could be due to the dried on bubble gum that my son was trying to clean up-but it got the gum up).I have had a Kirby, Floormate( scrubbed great on grout but after a while left puddles on my floor but I still love it for grout ),Eureka Envirosteamer(o.k but hard to fill and the pad NEVER stayed on) ,Bissell(oh what a waste of my time and money),swifter(stunk up my house and left a residue) and my good old scrub brush(you still can't beat this for corner cleaning). The H20 will be my everyday cleaner because it comes closest to suiting my needs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!!, February 19, 2009
This review is from: Thane H20 Mop Steam Cleaner
BUYER BEWARE!!!! I have this mop and think it works very well. However, I bought my mother-in-law one for Christmas. When she got it out to use it, there was a pin point hole in the water tank. Water drips out constantly! I e-mailed the manufacturer about it and never received a reply. After waiting a couple of weeks on the reply, I finally called customer service. They said that the part is warranted -BUT- on all warrany parts you have to pay shipping. The customer service supervisor said there is no way around this. So BEWARE if your product is flawed by the manufacturer, they will not make it right without you having to pay shipping and handling charges!!! This is not the type of company I like to deal with!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME PRODUCT DON'T PAY MORE THAN $99.00, June 30, 2009
Harley Mom (Rochester, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thane H20 Mop Steam Cleaner
I bought this product from Bed Bath Beyond for $99.00 less my 20% coupon, so $86.00, DO NOT PAY MORE THAN $99.00 FOR THIS....This steam mop is Excellent, moves easily, swivels for hard to reach spots, long cord, steam for 30 minutes...and it cleans!!!! Definately a Must Have, when you have children!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Invention since chocolate, March 3, 2009
This review is from: Thane H20 Mop Steam Cleaner
It used to take for ever to get the kitchen floor cleaned. Once i moved everything and swept, got the bucket, added detergent, water, washed, then rewashed to rinse, i was beat. Now it takes 10 minutes tops i am done confident my floor is clean and shiny no stain to tough and yes it works on linoleum it glides fine on the floor with the power of steam.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, August 7, 2008
This review is from: Thane H20 Mop Steam Cleaner
This mop is complete garbage. It does nothing to the floor and leaves water standing all over. I sent the mop back the next day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Like This "Mop", November 15, 2008
This review is from: Thane H20 Mop Steam Cleaner
I bought this mop several months ago after seeing it on an infomercial (hey, I was on maternity leave! :) ). At first I was skeptical, but since it had a money back policy, I figured I could try it out on some of the pet stains my mom's shampooer couldn't get out and send it back if it didn't work.

Well, I still have it. We had an orange pet stain on some very light carpet that my mom shampooed with her carpet shampooer several times and the spot was still there. I worked with the stain for about 5 minutes and it was gone. Amazing! I've used it to get pet urine out of the carpet, too, and it has worked wonderfully.

I will admit, I have only used this on carpet. Our house is about 75% laminate flooring and I've been hesitant to use it on the laminate, but it works great on carpet. I was amazed by how quickly and easily it got stains out of carpet that a shampooer and countless products couldn't get out - including red wine stains. I also let my sister borrow it after moving into a home with very stained carpets - the carpets don't look brand new, but they look very improved - again removing stains that the carpet shampooer couldn't.

If you have a pet or kids - or a clumsy spouse - I recommend this to remove any of those stubborn stains and not leave behind any chemical residue.

1.0 out of 5 stars assembly, July 31, 2009
This review is from: Thane H20 Mop Steam Cleaner
I recieved this product in a box un assembled. It came with a small zip lock bag with screws & washers. There was no instructions. The screw that attaches the handle is not long enough . The handle cannot be assembled. I called the customer service # & got a voice mail that said press 2 for customer support. I pressed 2 and kept getting same message. I pressed 0 to talk to their operator & got a message that their operator was talking to another customer. I left a message to call me back. No reply!!!!

Thane H20 Mop Steam Cleaner