4.0 out of 5 stars love it!
The good: 1) its great if you have to clean without a lot of chemicals (pets, asthma, etc).
2) the attachments do an awesome job around award fixtures like the back of the sink faucet or behind a toilet.
3) the steam mop got dirt up that my swiffer mop didn't
4) it got old tea stains out of my laminate counter.
5) I got the extra floorpads when I...
Published on October 19, 2011 by Amy D. Heck

1.0 out of 5 stars H2O Mop Rocks, but the X5 does NOT!!!
I had the original H2O mop (steamboy mop) about 4 years ago. My mom got it for me as a gift for cleaning our house for my newborn twins. It was the most awesome thing I had for cleaning!! I was in love. Then after 3 years of use, it died :( I tried to find a replacement, but the H2O mop was no longer made. I later found out that was because they were developing the...
Published on January 6, 2012 by Mom of 4 Littles

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars H2O Mop X5, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Thane H2O Mop X5 5-in-1 Steamer (Misc.)
I like this product. I have used it on my tile floors and it worked pretty well. The garment steamer works very well; better than my other garment steamer. The water chamber actually allowed me to do all of my floors (which are probably around 200sq ft) without having to refill. It workes decently on my grout in the shower as well. The mirror attachment works well also. Most of the hard water under the rim of my toilet did not come off with the steamer alone. It needed some cleaning product first.

People have complained about their floors being wet after using it...People it's STEAM which is water in a different form. I did buy extra pads and if you change them out halfway through, your floors end up barely wet.

My only complaint with the steamer is when using it as a garment steamer. It is difficult to have to hold the canister upright and try to steam at the same time. It should come with a shoulder strap or something so you have both hands free.

The duster didn't seem to do a whole lot better than any other product. I still had random dust left. Not a big deal.

PROs: Light weight, works well, can use tap water, filterless, many different uses, long cord, easy to assemble.

CONs: Needs shoulder strap for when you are using it as a handheld steamer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, April 15, 2012
Quentin Deverill "QED" (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thane H2O Mop X5 5-in-1 Steamer (Misc.)
I purchased one of these from HSN. I liked the idea it could convert to a hand held steamer in additon to being a steam mop. I also have an old Shark steam mop...the older model, not the steam pocket.

Now, the Shark works really good but only does floors. It also needs pumping to force water to steam. The X5 doesn't need pumping as it has a built in pump. Therin lies its fault. You'd think that is better than pumping until you realize when using it in hand held mode that all it is doing is creating a spray of water, not steam. The pump is mixing air into the hot water and spraying the aeresolized water they are calling steam. It's not steam. Yeah, maybe it is hot but it is not pure steam.

Another bone of contention is the mop head has just one --ONE-- tiny hole for the 'steam' to come out of. ONE! That big mop head with just one tiny hole centered in the middle of the pad.

Finally, as others have noted, the handle is flimsy and will break.

I'm returing mine for a refund.

Folks, save your money and get a Shark or Hann.

1.0 out of 5 stars H2 NO!!!!!!! X5, July 8, 2012
This review is from: Thane H2O Mop X5 5-in-1 Steamer (Misc.)
My brother recently purchased a H2O Mop X5 which is the only good thing about it .....That I didn't waste my money on it!
I have had this product some 6 months and started using it after having it 3 (I hadn't bought it and was quite happy with my mop), however I thought I should use it as it was in the house and a gift.
At first I thought it was really good on my laminate floors but after a few uses I started to think they looked like I had just moved the dirt around the floor.
We suffer quite badly from mildew in my bathroom and I use Detol mould remover frequently, I really don't like being reliant on harsh chemical cleaners and tried the H2O X5 it didn't touch the mould at all.
After 3 months of use on my floors(once a week), the handle snapped in two! I pushed the remaining handle in the hole which actually made the unit feel more robust LOL. I continued using the unit and found that the steam had stopped coming out, it makes all the right noises as if it is working but it is not.
I did everything that the manufacturer says you should do to maintain the unit to no avail, my brother spent £120..... think of all the new mop heads I could have had.
The H2O X5 is total rubbish don't waste your time or money! If they had a no star rating I would have given it that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubber like shaft, June 29, 2012
This review is from: Thane H2O Mop X5 5-in-1 Steamer (Misc.)
I don't usually write reviews, but I felt I must warn people: On my kitchen linoleum floor, this doesn't glide (sticks to the spot), you have to hold the handle / shaft really low to move it - it bends really easy, and I find myself waiting for the snap when it breaks (hasn't broken - I used only the one time).

I hope there is a good return policy, as I will be returning it.

1.0 out of 5 stars awful product, December 18, 2011
This review is from: Thane H2O Mop X5 5-in-1 Steamer (Misc.)
I have put in brand new hardwood floors in my house and was happy to receive my mop x5. I used the first one they sent me it worked fine within 2 weeks after I received it. Then it stopped working and no steam. I sent it back and they sent me another one, same situation, sent the second one back they sent me a third, but the third one did not turn on at all. I got tired of calling and going to the post office to return these items. This is my last draw. I am sending the third one back and hope they give me back my refund. This is the worst, DO NOT BOTHER SPENDING YOUR TIME AND MONEY.

3.0 out of 5 stars STEAM MOP STEAM NOT, March 13, 2012
This review is from: Thane H2O Mop X5 5-in-1 Steamer (Misc.)
I bought the steam mop about two-three weeks ago. First on the commercial it states you can use regular tap water, not true u have to buy distilled water to use. Second it also says when you mop that it drys instantly also not true it took my floors 20 min to dry. I had to really scrub at the hard spots. It does do an ok job. I have to mop the floor with a regular mop then use the steam mop so not really worth the $100 i spent on it.

2.0 out of 5 stars H20 Mop X5, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Thane H2O Mop X5 5-in-1 Steamer (Misc.)
The H20 Mop x5, was a big disapointment.It left water marks that I had to clean up, when doing the glass, when using the steamer for wrinkles on a table cloth, it left the cloth soaked, and wrinkles remained, did not remove the mold in the grout, did not remove the dirt on my wheels,too much water left behind on my floors, left them streaking. It did do very very well on the faucets, got out dirt I didn't know was there.
I returned my mop, am awaiting my refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a Piece of S***, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Thane H2O Mop X5 5-in-1 Steamer (Misc.)
I marveled when I saw this thing on MSN on night. It cleaned everything with very little effort. The first problem you"ll notice is the cord. It's a thick, always in your way, monstrosity. I started cleaning my grout lines in my shower, because this is an amazing device for getting rid of crud, It wouldn't even dissolve some soap that had dried in the corner. As others have mentioned, it really isnt "STEAM" it's more like pumped hot water. This thing is a drippy,cumbersome, useless piece of garbage.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad handle design...cheap plastic, January 18, 2012
This review is from: Thane H2O Mop X5 5-in-1 Steamer (Misc.)
I bought this because of the recommendation of a friend who had the 3-in-1 H2O mop. Unfortunately, when they did the redesign, Thane made some big mistakes. My friend tried it first and said that it seemed a little flimsy, but maybe she just wasn't used to it.

She left, and 20 minutes later as I was steaming my hallway, the handle snapped in half. One of the plastic connectors apparently couldn't handle me simply pushing it back and forth in a hallway.

I used it 3 times before it broke. The handle needs to be metal.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a bad back....., October 17, 2012
This review is from: Thane H2O Mop X5 5-in-1 Steamer (Misc.)
This is a life saver! Well, a back saver. I am SO glad I bought this gem. It is very easy to use with a useful collection of attachments. It does a great job, creates steam quickly and is ready to go in a matter of a few minutes. To those who have complained that it requires too much effort to push and threatens the structure of the slim wand, I found this same problem when I first tried it out. I discovered if you wait a few minutes and let the pad get wet, it glides very easily.

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›