Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Thank you Warner, now I have a real digital copy

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2011 8:03:15 PM PST
pika2000 says:
First of all, I would like to thank Warner for using the Ultraviolet digital copy. If they had used the classic iTunes digital copy, I would've just used that and moved on. But since Warner used Ultraviolet that is not compatible with iTunes, I was forced to educate myself, and now I have a DRM free, hassle free, high-def digital copy of my own.

How? If you have a blu-ray drive on your computer, google DVDFab HD decrypter. It's a free program that will allow you to rip blu-ray movies. You can selectively rip just the main movie without the extra foreign language audio and what not. Then google Handbrake. This program will allow you to encode your blu-ray rip into an iPhone/iPad/Apple TV compatible format. Obviously encoding from a 1080 source takes time, but patience is a virtue, and you'll get a high-def digital copy of your own! Hint: use 720p for better compatibility with Apple TV and non-A5-equipped iDevices.

If you don't have a blu-ray drive, than simply follow the same procedure using the DVD, and you'll have your own standard def hassle-free digital copy.

So, again, I would like to thank Warner. Now I have learned how to make my own real digital copy of the movies that I paid for.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 8:24:11 PM PST
But while I have an iMac, I do NOT have a BluRay drive -- you have a way I can port the file to iTunes? Heck, it won't even play - I get A required codec isn't available. I think this Ultraviolet thing SUCKS.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 6:47:51 AM PST
Randall says:
Yep, had the same problem, use pavtube bluray ripper for mine on a mac, you will need a bdrom to read for bluray, or just a dvdrom for sd; I refuse to sign up for a 'free' account to make Warner's statistics look good; if they cared about what they're customers wanted they would have offered both iTunes and 'ultra-stupid' versions.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions