Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now HTL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 12, 2009 9:28:29 AM PDT
stargazy says:
Just wanted to send off a quick "Thank you!" to the authors. I moved to the US from Germany and have for years tried to bake breads that come close to the breads I grew up with. With this book I was finally able to come very close to the taste and texture I've been missing. Got the book from the library originally and just ordered my own copy. I look forward to the new whole grain edition coming out later this year. I've been using an older tupperware container I had for the dough and I just don't close the lid all the way. I've had an old pizza stone that now is finally getting use since I'm baking a fresh loaf about every other day.

Posted on Jun 14, 2009 6:41:34 AM PDT
J. Hertzberg says:
Daniela: we love hearing from expatriate Germans, because we know that the the bread back in in Germany is about the best in the world, even in supermarkets. Thanks so much for your note.

Jeff Hertzberg (co-author)

Posted on Mar 3, 2010 10:16:14 AM PST
I seem to be having trouble getting an even gluten cloak, resulting in a finished boule that resembles the Elephant Man's skull (although infinitely more delicious). Could it be that my dough is too cold? My wife likes to keep the fridge temp waaay low. Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Posted on May 17, 2010 3:49:43 PM PDT
yendilady says:
Do any of your books include a recipe for sprouted wheat bread? I'm supposed to be on a low-glycemic-index diet.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 12, 2009
Latest post:  May 17, 2010

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about