Customer Discussions > Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3 forum

Thanks for the Demo, Capcom - NO SALE

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 2, 2012 8:13:14 AM PDT
K.B. says:
I was really excited to buy this game, since I loved the first five games (yes, even RE5). I downloaded the RE6 demo the first day it came out. I hated, hated, hated, hated it. I kept hoping for some of the magic of the earlier games to show itself, but it never happened. Just constant running and shooting. Very boring. RE should never have turned into a "war" game. If I want to play a war game, I'll buy Call of Duty.

Unless the actual game is completely different from the demo, I have no intention of buying this. I appreciate Capcom trying trying to continually re-invent the series (RE4 is my personal favorite), but this is a failure, IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 8:18:01 AM PDT
Marvolon says:
I thought the controls were very clunky, and it didn't impress me all that much. Makes me sad:(

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 12:14:49 PM PDT
BONKERS says:
HILARIOUS when people complain about the controls when the clunky tank controls of the series where what made them unique and created tense gameplay in the first place.

Also: Please, before RE4 came around, everyone was complaining that RE was stale stagnant and the same thing over and over again. Some magic.

It's hilarious when people complain about having the "Magic" when the things that made it "Magic" everyone complained about them. So they removed them

Congratulations hypocrisy!

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 7:09:25 AM PDT
H. Negron says:
Resident Gears Of Evil War(s).

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 9:53:44 AM PDT
Azhrei says:
How is a DEMO going to show you the real game in any way? YOu just get a feel for what it's like. You barely play any of it. I did the same thing with Assassin's Creed. I tried the demo and thought the game sucked. Thought the controls were clunky and thought the game felt boring. But I recently got the first one at gamestop for 10 bucks, and now i've got #1, 2, Brotherhood, getting Revelations sooon and can't wait for Assassin's Creed III lol. Needed to actually PLAY the game to learn the controls and shit.

Point is even with a demo, you still don't know what a game's like.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:27:04 AM PST
I really disliked the demo...BUT... I decided to take a chance on the game anyways and guess what ? I made the right choice. I love this game now. the cut scenes are top notch entertainment in the first 5 minutes of the game and every minute there after. unfortunately the demo is a bad example to make up peoples minds.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:53:33 PM PST
@MARY: I had the opposite affect. I thought the demo sucked, but that it was just a sample. Surely the stages would be, as they've always been, mostly non-linear, with back tracking. Surely they upped the pace for the demo. Boy was I disappointed. Pure regret.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 7:38:40 PM PST
K.B. says:
This is what I thought. It seems like a major disappointment. I might consider it when it comes down to $19.99 as a "Greatest Hits" title, but not for $59.99.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 2:15:05 PM PST
K.B. says:
Just bought this game now that it was $19.99 I take back my original comment and find the (whole) game to be pretty good. The demo was terrible, though. I'm hoping the next installment will be closer to the style of RE4 (my favorite) than RE5 or 6.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 6:45:24 AM PST
Azhrei says:
where the hell did you find it for $20 already? It's still about $30 on here and at Gamestop.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 6:48:35 AM PST
K.B. says:
It was $19.99 on amazon for awhile

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 8:15:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2013 8:16:34 AM PST
Azhrei says:
oh heh must've been one of those gold box sales or something, the price doesn't usually go UP... lol

Edit: lol well it's 19.99 again on here.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Oct 2, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3
Resident Evil 6 - Playstation 3 by Capcom (PlayStation 3)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (710)