Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 1, 2010 9:19:52 AM PDT
A. Compton says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2010 9:22:54 AM PDT
Dave says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 1, 2010 12:39:16 PM PDT
kjp03c says:
I gotta disagree with you. I actually thought COD: WAW was very impressive considering Treyarch's previous track record. The mutliplayer was amazing. I think this title at least deserves to be on the radar.

Posted on May 1, 2010 1:49:47 PM PDT
I think CoD: Waw was better than MW2, especially the single player. I think this will be a great game.

Posted on May 1, 2010 2:42:05 PM PDT
C. Ray says:
IW=FAIL on MW2. The lack of deticated servers for multiplayer still ticks me off. Treyarch is going to bring PC gaming back to the way it should be.

Posted on May 1, 2010 5:40:29 PM PDT
D. Tapper says:
Treyarch doesn't have a holier than now attitude like IW does, which led to the crappy MW2 with crappy support/ crap loads of bugs and glitches/ crappy map packs (the three new new maps were already on the disc along with the container folders for the two other "new" maps) that were over priced and a name to insult the buyers/ crappy net code which leads to horrible hit detection and lag/ etc.

IW has only produced one great game ever and that was CoD4. Before that MoH wiped the floor with the CoD series when it came to gameplay.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2010 7:36:29 PM PDT
Shawmish says:
Umm yeah but you forget. the guys who started IW worked on the MoH and the CoD series, they just didn't own the IP for the MoH, but they were key in making that game a success.

Posted on May 1, 2010 10:52:20 PM PDT
Lorenzo says:
modern warfare 3 will suck. 25 staff quit IW and went to respawn entertainment. look out for their game

Posted on May 2, 2010 3:19:55 PM PDT
R. McGriff says:
Cod:WaW Multiplayer was fun until i got cod4. The campaign was meh, didnt like the feel of it. MW2 is a horrible game, and I'd expect Treyarch are working extra hard to make sure this game is atleast surpassing WAW

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2010 5:04:05 PM PDT
First of all Treyarch is much better that IW. Case in point the three map packs for WaW and Nazi Zombies. Second MW2 is a piece of S#@% and the only reason anyone plays it is because the servers in WaW and the original MW are dead. The map pack also screwed their servers up and they still have not fully recovered. Before the stimulus package i had no problems with lag or match-making and since its release it has been terrible. I am also not the only one with this problem their are thousands that have the same problem and IW continues to ignore their complaints. Also Treyarch relaesed possible the best of all the world war two themed call of duty games and now have finally moved to the modern themed games with this one. This game will kill MW2 and if activision is smart they will not let IW release another crappy CoD game and stick with Treyarch

Posted on May 2, 2010 6:01:00 PM PDT
R. Aguilar says:
Here come the IW fanboys (sigh). When will they understand that the reason Activision introduced Treyarch in the first place was to raise the franchise's quality?

Posted on May 3, 2010 10:27:30 AM PDT
D. Tapper says:
"Umm yeah but you forget. the guys who started IW worked on the MoH and the CoD series, they just didn't own the IP for the MoH, but they were key in making that game a success."

MoH was started by Dreamworks Interactive secondly only a few members of 2015 which worked on MoH:AA went on to make IW which worked with Treyarch under the name of Gray Matter Interactive to create CoD, they then split up and had one game come out a year with each team taking turns. CoD2 was IW's first solo production and it was nothing spectacular, CoD4 on the other hand is one of the most played games on XBL and is re-guarded as the best FPS this generation of consoles.

Posted on May 3, 2010 2:18:58 PM PDT
Orge says:
i STILL dont see what sucked about world at war, and have yet to read or see a real reason to it "sucking" besides "augh its WW2 thats why"
guns a gun,point shoot repeat. it played JUST like any other cod out there.
100$ says if the IW poped up at the main screen it would be amazing.

Posted on May 3, 2010 2:32:32 PM PDT
Adam says:
Well, not only do I disagree with the OP about World at War, but shouldn't you wait until you know a little bit more about the game before you decide not to buy it?

Posted on May 4, 2010 7:03:47 AM PDT
Dirt Migirt says:
IW and Treyarch both put out awesome games. If your not a fan of the WWII era games then don't hate on them and don't play them. And don't be alittle close minded fanboy. This is the first time treyarch will be doin a modern day fps and with 2 years to work on it, im sure it will be great. You can't always base how good a game is on how many people played it or who made it because people like different things and there is always room for improvment or failure.

Posted on May 4, 2010 7:21:47 AM PDT
Timezones says:
Treyarch came up with Nazi Zombies!!! They will forever have my full confidence.

Posted on May 4, 2010 9:15:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2010 9:19:41 AM PDT
Reasons WaW is better than MW2:
-Better Single Player Campaign
-Reliable servers for Multiplayer (very little lag)
-Ability to change search options for match making
-NAZI ZOMBIES!!!
MW2 could have easily incorporated something like this with all the use of nukes in the single player and multiplayer
-Map Packs did not destroy the servers like MW2's did.
-Bouncing Bettys actually work unlike Claymore which are easy to dodge
-DOGS! why does MW2 not have this as a kill streak?
-No Nukes! This just annoys everyone playing in a match including those on the team that gets the nuke.
-Better Weapons
I know WaW is older guns but you can actually use every gun in the game and get kills. There are a lot of weapons in MW2
go unused because they are terrible like almost all the SMGs unless you play Hardcore these guns are useless. The same is
true for most of the shot guns unless your in hardcore most of them are useless because of the short range and multi-shot
kills

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2010 6:13:15 PM PDT
E. Yared says:
You hated WAW and yet you loved MW2 with its broken unbalanced multiplayer and convoluted plot? I understand people have a lot of love for IW due to the original Modern Warfare, but that shouldn't give the mess that was MW2 an automatic pass.

Posted on May 5, 2010 8:09:17 AM PDT
Dirt Migirt says:
Kenneth i gotta disagree with you on a few points there. And kinda on topic, do most of you play PC for MW2? because thats the only complaints about "dedicated servers" that makes sence and the lag. Well maybe ps3 also, but the 360 is pretty flawless. And if its not, it fixes itself and picks a new host.. Back to kenneth; Claymores work on anyone without lightwieght or scrambler on, thats the only thing that counters them and lightwieght you have to navigate smoothly at full sprint to not get touched. Betty's were more effective i agree because they were just like a grenade. It was aoe instead of focused fire from the claymore. I think they didn't put dogs in it for a copyright purpose or to avoid bickering. Plus with the accurate full auto guns in MW2 dogs wouldn't get much kills IMO. Lastly i gotta disagree with you about the guns. I play nothing but groundwar and express team death, no hardcore, and i use almost nothing but shotty's and subby's silenced with cold-blooded. I have 2500 kills with striker, models, spaz, ump45 and almost p90. I guesse its just how good you are with controls. WaW guns were a real jump down from CoD4. Far less accurate and all but one rifle was semi-auto. So MW2 guns IMO blow them outta the water. I loved the guns in WaW but by no means were they better. Plus you have alot of people with a moded controller using the last semi-auto rifle with extra clip that shot faster than the ppsh. They never patched it to my knowledge or before i started playing MW2. Not that MW2 didn't/dosn't have its glitches, but they definatly patched them fasted than they did for WaW. But everything is always argueable so i thought i'd give my 2 cents. Always down for a good o'l debate.

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2010 9:46:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 5, 2010 9:46:55 AM PDT
Dirt,
I see what you mean about the guns but as far as claymores go I dodge them all the time without scrambler pro or light weight all you have to do is jump over them when it "clicks". And as far as 360 being flawless well I play on 360 and since the stimulus package I have experienced terrible lag and matchmaking using a high speed wired connection with the game installed to the hard drive. Nothing has changed on my end in terms of my internet connection and stuff like that so it is obviously a problem on their end since before the stimulus package I had no lag and found matches almost instantly.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2010 11:29:39 AM PDT
And on top of your comment, I am completely ticked that in a mature rated war based game when you shoot people, a buch of cash goes flying. WTH, THIS is why I prefer MW & WaW over MW2.

Posted on May 9, 2010 5:15:25 PM PDT
Max says:
MW2 is like an arcade game with idiots running around knifing people while getting shot in the face. Yea, REALLY realistic guys. <sigh> Disappointing game. Black Ops might be cool, but really its still a FPS. So rah rah. I'm getting tired of these games. (Which makes me wonder why I'm even in this forum.) lol

Posted on May 13, 2010 11:33:41 AM PDT
Dirt Migirt says:
Yeah a few of my buddy's have been complaining about the lag but i personally haven"t noticed a difference at all. The new maps suck imo tho haha. Except overgrown and crash, fan favorites. I guesse i see what your sayin about the claymores but i rack up alot of kills with em. Maybe just ppl playin stupid. Non the less i can't wait for black ops to come because i loved WaW

Posted on May 13, 2010 4:28:05 PM PDT
E. Quinn says:
I honestly think WAW was a good game and would love to see what Treyarch would do with a more modern game, even Vietnam. The only thing I did enjoy about Modern Warfare 2 that I'm hoping can be included in this one was the Special Ops missions. Otherwise I'll stick with BC2 til this comes out and give it a shot.

Posted on May 15, 2010 6:57:11 AM PDT
CBeav says:
IW really had a drop off with MW2. They just made Treyarch a ton of money because it made World @ War look like a very good game (which I did enjoy). Plus, Treyarch proved they were innovative with the Nazi Zombie game mode. I know a ton of people who would just buy a Nazi Zombie game period, not attached to a regular game, and they play it religiously.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  33
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  May 1, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 29, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Xbox 360
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Xbox 360 by Activision Publishing (Xbox 360)
3.7 out of 5 stars (1,575)