Thanks for ruining the ending everybody ;)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2007 10:38:06 AM PST
Well, obviously a child kills a god at the end of the series. Thats awesome, although a bit diluted now that I "KNOW THE ENDING." A writer has the right to create and destroy any idea they conjure up in their brainbox in the name of literature. So, if this guy was a devout christian, and wrote the same books that are being mentioned, would there be any controversy? Or would his Christian belief prevent him from conjuring up a make-believe world in which a make-believe child kills a make-believe god? Maybe I will burn in hell for writing this post, or maybe he will burn in hell for writing those books, or maybe we will both join hell's hockey team together. Point is, regardless of my religious affiliation, every idea deserves some attention. People who are opposed to this book, which I have not read thank you very much everbody, aren't reading the book not because of their religious beliefs, but of fear of retribution from God because of it. The same material that seems to be conveyed by this series. Hopefully there is enough in the center to justify a read. You know, since, I ALREADY KNOW THE F@@@@ING ENDING>

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2007 11:12:38 AM PST
quotha says:
If you think "a child kills god at the end of the series," the ending has not not been ruined for you, because it is not true. That is a lie spread by the morons who relied on an email to tell them what happened in the series.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2007 4:52:11 AM PST
Canis Diligo says:
Really, if you haven't read the series and want to without having any spoilers, this probably isn't the best board to be on.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2007 2:47:15 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 13, 2009 3:36:44 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2007 3:21:58 PM PST
Joe W says:
Jason Franklin says: Well, obviously a child kills a god at the end of the series.

Joe: Well, no.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2008 8:15:41 PM PDT
No, as people have said, that's not what happens, and what does happen isn't the ending or even the crucial action of the two kids. So don't worry! There is plenty in the middle and after that particular event.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2008 2:24:34 PM PDT
Yeah, for something that created so much controversy, the critically controversial part is startlingly non-critical.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2008 11:37:23 AM PDT
Scotman says:
Apparently Jason just started this discussion board just to complain and whine as he's not following up on these answers. Jason, that's NOT how the book ends. The whole Authority thing is just one part of a complex part and the relationships between the witches, gypsies, Will and the knife are all intertwined. The children who complain in these discussion boards more often than not have not read this trilogy. So stop your whining and read the books. Then write a review, OK??

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2008 8:57:03 AM PDT
Scotman,

nice address - probably wasted...

I read the trilogy and was disappointed the sequels to the first novel but on more than hurt feelings.

And to the others, as well as to Jason, yes, the actual end is simplified in many reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2008 9:36:14 AM PDT
Scotman says:
D, yeah, I understand. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2008 5:10:45 PM PDT
Snake7 says:
Jeo W, there is this other person on here named Joe. He is a sexist. I was just wondering, is he your evil twin or alter ego?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2008 5:37:27 PM PDT
Joe W says:
Nah, my twin is an evil genius, not a grumpy idiot.

Posted on Dec 18, 2009 10:33:22 PM PST
ssjenny1 says:
I love when people complain about an ending being ruined because they read the forums. What do they think is being discussed? The weather? Its a forum for the book, its going to be discussed and dissected, so if you haven't read it stay off the forum. Or be prepared for spoilers. Duh.

Posted on Mar 23, 2011 11:57:16 PM PDT
As long as people are going to keep claiming the 3rd book has the kids killing God when they don't really, we might as well start making all sorts of silly claims about the end. I'm going to tell everybody that Lyra unexpectedly turns into a big bear, makes her own Bear Armor and goes off to live in the ocean.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2007
Latest post:  Mar 23, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
His Dark Materials Trilogy: The Golden Compass / The Subtle Knife / The Amber Spyglass
His Dark Materials Trilogy: The Golden Compass / The Subtle Knife / The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman (Paperback - October 1, 2001)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (1,456)