Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on October 26, 2012
Maggie Brooks has done it again. She has created a fabulous cookbook with interesting recipes and lots of variety. I always look forward to Maggie's new books and this one certainly lives up to my expectations. Maggie's recipes are easy to follow and use common ingredients that are easy to find...my kind of cookbook.

This book is stuffed with great recipes. I was amazed to see a recipe for Turkey in a Bag. We used to cook our turkeys like that and they were always delicious. If you want to try something different, try this recipe. We will definitely be trying the Chunky Cranberry Salad soon and I won't be waiting for a holiday to do so.

Yesterday I made the Praline & Pumpkin Cake and it was delicious. I thought my family was never going to quit eating it.

If you like interesting recipes that are easy to make, get this book. And don't wait for Thanksgiving to try many of the recipes. They will work perfectly well any day of the year!

Marg Ruttan
International Best Selling Cookbook Author
on October 25, 2012
I really like having different recipes about how to cook a turkey. We like to experiment and these recipes look great. The recipe for Turkey on the Grill really got my attention and will be on our menu very soon. I don't think I can wait until Thanksgiving for that one, will just have to make it sooner. I also like the recipes for using leftover turkey. The recipe for Turkey Chowder looks absolutely delicious. The snack recipes are extremely appreciated. I don't know about your house, but ours starts to fill up early and it's always helpful to have snacks around for everybody to munch on until the meal is ready. I like the make ahead recipes so all I have to do is take them out of the refrigerator and let everyone help themselves.
on October 28, 2012
This mother-daughter team produces some great cookbooks. When i saw the Thanksgiving offering I bought it right away. I wanted to find something new to bring as my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner and I found it with the Fluffy Pumpkin Cheesecake. I made this yesterday and it was DELICIOUS!! One of my aunts used to make Turkey in a Bag and it really does produce a moist turkey. I also like the various stuffing recipes in this book. If you're looking for an entire Thanksgiving Day menu or just a side or dessert to bring to dinner I think you'lll like this book.
on October 24, 2012
First off, I'm happy to admit that I'm a fanboy of the mother/daughter team of Maggie Brooks. I have numerous cookbooks from them and have been pleased with each one. This one is no different and arrived just in time for Thanksgiving. There are SO MANY different recipes you can use for your family dinner. They cover appetizers, side dishes, the turkey (plus other entrees), and desserts. Not only that, but they have a few recipes to put the leftovers to good use. My personal favorites are the veggie almondine, and the turkey chowder (super yummy!).
on October 24, 2012
I love this collection of cookbooks, and am so excited about the Thanksgiving recipes! I really enjoy holiday cooking, and this book will give me plenty of scrumptious things to prepare this Thanksgiving. I especially like that these recipes are tried and true family recipes and that Maggie Brooks has broken them down so they are easy to follow. Great buy!
on October 27, 2012
What an amazing cook book! It's filled with great thanksgiving recipes and more. I made the horseradish dip yesterday and it came out delicious. Even though the book said thanksgiving, there are recipes here that you can make all year round. Well written and easy to follow step by step instructions. Well worth the buy!
on November 1, 2012
I love this cookbook because the ingredient lists are not too long to tackle. The finished products are impressive without being intimidating for someone who needs to please a crowd and still be able to enjoy the festivities. It is no fun being tired from preparing for a holiday...this makes it simple and delicious.
on October 22, 2012
I love Maggie's books - without fail everyone I have bought so far has been beautifully formatted, interesting to read and packed full of delicious recipes and personal touches. In fact, I'm such a fan that even though I'm an Englishman in London, and don't celebrate (or even really understand!) Thanksgiving, I couldn't resist the latest in her Love of Cooking Holiday Series.

Thankfully all of these recipes have international appeal - the snacks are suitable anytime of the year, and the side dishes will work fine with a traditional English Christmas Dinner too. The Turkey In A Bag and Turkey on the Grill are wonderful new and healthy ideas for preparing the main event - can't wait to try them!
on October 23, 2012
If you need recipes for a complete Thanksgiving dinner, this cookbook is for you. It has recipes for every part of the meal. Recipes include corn pudding, cornbread, more than one kind of dressing, perfect mashed potatoes, three ways to cook a turkey (and one way to cook a ham), gravy, stock, apple pie...and even includes recipes for the leftovers. If you're preparing for a Thanksgiving meal, these recipes can help.
on November 16, 2012
I am always at a loss for side dishes during the festive season; and so am always on the lookout for new & more 'interesting' things to layout in front of my loved ones each year; so, I picked up this book, out of curiosity really, and was pleasantly surprised by the well laid-out easy-on-the-eye layout, which I can really! use in my kitch, when surrounded by nosy kitchen dwellers & guests, which do make me very nervous, and having a clear layout helps!

Also the recipes are really easy, (the kids helped me do most of the preparing). But I especially liked the 'Curried Horseradish Dip', 'Grandma's Old Fashioned Dressing', and I thought 'Turkey in a bag' was also great. There was even a section for 'what to do with leftovers', which is always a welcome addition!

LoL - Heavenly Ambrosia: I really liked the little 'snippets' the writer includes of her child-hood memories, like: "When I grew up, my grandfather used to say; that he would come to my house for Thanksgiving only if I would make him Ambrosia". Awh how Sweet!

I also liked the 5 free dessert videos that were included, all-in-all an Excellent buy!

Thanks Maggie!