5.0 out of 5 stars Just ask a woman, July 17, 2011
So many books get written, so many stories get told, and yet, for a variety of reasons, it's rare to find a teller of true stories who is so courageous as to share all the pieces of their journey. I downloaded the kindle edition of this book this morning and devoured it in one sitting, taking a break only to send a note of thanks to the author.

Without self-judgment -- with an open mind and heart toward herself and others -- Margo has written her story... one that many of us wild, unconventional women will relate to. There are Margo's learnings about relationships, her own personal development, and her struggles with addiction and healing that are presented in a universal way that I think will appeal to all readers interested in those topics.

And then, for those of us wild women who climb, there are the paragraphs about what climbing does for us, and means to us, that leap off the page and demand not only to be highlighted but to be read out loud to our similarly afflicted friends.

Margo has moved her own life from a state of barely surviving, to being a thriving inspiration to others in the realm of climbing. Her story is not unique; but her ability to tell it with such clarity and openness and personal responsibility is equally inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars All that Glitters, July 10, 2011
I really enjoyed reading this book. Margo takes you through her journey in life. She faces her problems with frankness and honesty. This book, I feel, is a great example of how the human spirit can conquer all. If you love reading about climbing, the outdoors, and how someone can overcome personal problems you will love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!, July 4, 2011
What a wonderful book! I received it on Friday and couldn't put it down. An incredible journey; heart-wrenching yet courageous. Margo I thank you for writing this; it touched a nerve with me and I applaud you. I believe your story will help many others on their journey to recovery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Margo Talbot: Tough, Brave, and True, June 28, 2011
I've known Margo Talbot as a world-class climber for about a decade. Recently, she sent me a copy of her autobiography, All That Glitters. As I read it, I found we shared more than a mutual interest in climbing. Although my own childhood was nowhere near as challenging hers, there were similarities between our families. As young adults, we tried similar escape routes. Eventually we both found a measure of inner peace through climbing. Margo's story reminded me of the benefits of challenge in the outdoors, and the wisdom gained from a life lived outside of the box.
Margo reminded me that--with determination, luck, and love--it is possible to climb beyond addiction and depression. Her tale is gritty and sometimes painfully close to the emotional bone. Without blaming, she writes of her difficult childhood, her impetuous youth, her times with drugs, alcohol, sex, and depression. Margo holds nothing back. As a result, All That Glitters is courageous, touching, and true. Which is exactly what makes it so powerful.

5.0 out of 5 stars All That Glitters, June 25, 2011
'All That Glitters' by Margo Talbot is a brave, bold and inspiring work. Margo speaks from a place of honesty and refreshing candor about her inner turmoils as a troubled and confused youth whose life path lead her through depression, confusion, addiction and constant underlying anger. Her life story climbs step by torturous step as she overcomes dangerous, though exciting, obstacles. It is a book of hope and enduring courage; one that must be read by anyone suffering from debilitating depression.

5.0 out of 5 stars All That Glitters Is Truely Just That...A Shining Example..., September 7, 2011
"I enjoyed Margot's constant connection to nature & her passion for introducing women to ice climbing in her book. My wife was in Ouray in 2011 for "Chicks With Picks" event, which Margo taught at. She thoroughly enjoyed the ice climbing & came home with praise for the ladies involved. Margo's book reminds us that nature is our friend & teacher...a source of renewal. Thank you. The book is very honest and frank. A true tell-all of inspiration, courage & hope.
-Stanford Davidson, Bend, OR.

5.0 out of 5 stars All that Glitters inspires courage, hope and resilience!, December 26, 2011
This review is from: All That Glitters, A Climber's Journey Book - Signed by Margo Talbot (Misc.)
I just finished reading Margo's book, "All That Glitters" This book is one of hope and resilience. Margo shares openly her life story and her strength to endure life's challenges is inspiring and authentically moving! thank you Margo for sharing your message, this book will help many people!

Charmaine Hammond
Hammond International Inc.

Author, On Toby's Terms

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and real..., November 17, 2013
I was really impressed by Margo's honesty and resilience. I was inspired to go ice climbing last year and it was life changing, as strange as that might sound. Margo's connection with the outdoor world as therapy and as inspiration is truly a way to find solace when the mind wants to bring us to dark places. Thank you for a truly honest portrayal of depression and the search for a good honest life.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, November 13, 2013
This is a really great book! Got me really stoked for ice season and I finished it within just a couple days.

4.0 out of 5 stars its a very good read by a Canadian woman who has a tumultuous ..., September 15, 2014
its a very good read by a Canadian woman who has a tumultuous young life and later gets it together.