Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on November 14, 2012
At first look, the movie seemed like it would be cheesy and a bit of a drag, but it turned out 1000% better than we had hoped. Sandler's character was genuinely funny, very likable while being a complete screw up. I think this might have been his best role yet. All the supporting actors were great too, and while the story was predictable, it still flowed well. There weren't really any eye-roll moments, and we laughed out loud, which is rare with comedies these days. Even considering purchasing the movie to own :-)
on April 14, 2013
People just jump on Adam Sandler for making a MOVIE anymore, this one was HILARIOUS! Funniest movie I've seen since Pineapple Express, one of the few Apatow movies that isn't watered down "mature" movies for "adults" and/or babies. Adam Sandler's character is really good. You may not understand this, reviewers/critics/current movie watchers/Hollywood snobs but a character like Sandler's is MUCH HARDER TO PULL OFF THAN A CARDBOARD-THIN APATOW CHARACTER. In Apatow world everyone feels safe and warm, no risks are taken and a little "raunchy" dialogue is inserted to appease guys dragged to the boring proverbial Snoozefest. This Sandler movie, however, is the real-deal kind of comedy movie where you just laugh your a@@ off. I could not stop laughing for the life of me, and it felt really good to laugh again at a movie. No caveats were made so that no one felt uncomfortable, it was just balls to the wall, straight up comedy. We definitely need more movies like That's My Boy.

Samberg was at times kind of bad but such a strong cast of misfits he kind of fits in, so I forgive him and look forward to more movie with him. Andy's choice of movies to me is astonishing since he's supposed to turn into a creme de la creme Hollywood star after being internet famous on SNL. Instead he has the balls to do a movie that's probably funnier cumulatively than OLD SCHOOL. I mean, I like Will Ferrell, it's just, his movies now are horrible. Samberg's got a ways, a long ways to go to be on Will Ferrells level, but such a risky, honest choice for a kind of debut movie. Hey, Sandler's first movie was horrible too, something to do with a boat and chicks, I've never seen it. So, kudos! You slate has been wiped clean! [this is samberg's second movie, I think]

Jets coach, James Caan, some old cast buddies, a lot of cool surprises. I feel bad that I didn't go out and see this one in the theatres, so I'll probably buy it. Oh, and Ice.
on November 29, 2012
This movie was funny sometimes but (spoiler alert) there were things that happened in the movie that were purely self indulgence for Sandler. He becomes famous as a child for sleeping with his teacher? In what reality would that ever happen? And as a gross looking adult he's irresistible to all women? Oh well, whatever it's a fantasy comedy were Adam Sandler is amazing and by comparison Andy Samberg is the total opposite. If you like Sandler no matter what then this will be another great film to watch as part of his collection of films.
on February 5, 2016
This, like most Adam Sandler movies, are absolute garbage. This was no exception. Same character in about 2 other films now and it's old. Save yourself. Don't loose another hour and a half on your short life watching this regurgitation of old Sandler impressions and washed out Z list actors from his prior films. Push a needle into your thumb instead.
on December 7, 2015
Yuck. We didn't make it very far with this one - I like Adam Sandler, but not when he's doing the baby-voice like he does in this movie. He's annoying even without the character being annoying. Like fingernails on a chalkboard.
on November 20, 2012
Another hum-drum movie starring Adam Sandler. The last really funny movie Adam starred in was Water Boy. This movie just wasnt that funny. As usual it wonders through a parady of someone who grew up in the 80s and how silly they are, just not silly enough. I found this character to be one of his worst.
on November 3, 2012
I normally enjoy Adam Sandler's movies, including his recently panned "Jack & Jill", but "That's my Boy" was quite horrible. There were few funny scenes and the whole thing just felt like little thought went into it. Not much else to say about this film.
on November 15, 2012
Adam Sandler is back in business! I was not expecting to laugh so much, but this movie is hilarious! Recommended.
VINE VOICEon November 12, 2012
Like a lot of folks that saw this movie, I grew up with and love Sandler's classics. The childish jokes and physical humor with lots of screaming always gets me in the funny bone, unfortunately there is none of that in this movie except maybe 1 or 2 moments for a total of 12 seconds.

If you've been on the fence about watching this movie and are a fan of Sandler, I darn near guarantee you'll grab your laptop half way through this movie to check email or Facebook because you are just barely paying attention and waiting to laugh.

This is one of those comedies that tries to have a soul (ala Just Go With It) but is unfortunately written so flat that the "soul" doesn't carry it and you just sit around waiting to laugh and it doesn't happen.
on January 16, 2013
I am a huge fan of Adam Sandler so when I saw this film I was shocked. At first I did not understand it than it started to make sense. I am glad that I have Amazon Prime and only paid 99 cents to view this film.
My opinion, do not waste your money buying the DVD.
Sorry Adam.