- Sorry, this item is not available in
- Image not available
- To view this video download Flash Player
Live from the Royal Albert Hall, Clive Anderson introduces a sensational concert celebrating 75 years of classic MGM film musicals. John Wilson and his hand-picked orchestra, including superb and diverse vocal talent, celebrate the golden age of Hollywood musicals with songs from the great movies, including The Wizard of Oz, Meet Me in St Louis, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, High Society, Gigi and Singin' in the Rain.
Joined by an array of talented vocalists including Curtis Stigers, Kim Criswell, Seth MacFarlane, Sir Thomas Allen and Sarah Fox. Wilson sends the feel-good factor soaring with a medley of popular songs including "Get Happy", "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?", "Wonderful, Wonderful Day", "Steppin' Out With My Baby", "Lover, Come Back to Me" and a host of other sumptuous, delicious numbers.
Amazingly, although all the original orchestral parts were lost, Wilson has painstakingly reconstructed the original scores. The result was the highlight of the 2009 BBC Proms season - a unique live performance of these beloved songs.
1. A Celebration of Classic MGM Musicals - Opening Titles - 2nd Movement (Red) from the Colour Symphony
2. MGM Jubilee Overture
3. The Trolley Song (from Meet Me in St Louis)
4. Over the Rainbow (from The Wizard of Oz)
5. Steppin' Out With My Baby (from Easter Parade)
6. The Heather on the Hill (from Brigadoon)
7. Wonderful, Wonderful Day (from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers)
8. Barn Dance (from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers)
9. Stranger in Paradise (from Kismet)
10. More Than You Know (from Hit the Deck)
11. I Got Rhythm
12. An American in Paris - Main Title
13. Love is here to stay (from An American in Paris)
14. Get Happy (from Summer Stock)
15. Who Wants to be a Millionaire (from High Society)
16. You're Sensational (from High Society)
17. Well, did you evah? (from High Society)
19. One Kiss/Lover Come Back To Me (from The New Moon)
20. I Like Myself (from It's Always Fair Weather)
21. Singin' in the Rain (from Singin' in the Rain)
22. Broadway Melody Ballet (from Singin' in the Rain)
23. That's Entertainment (from The Band Wagon)
Listen and you will hear the music played as it was meant to be -this man, this orchestra, and all connected to it, are giving us beauty in music and preserving and demonstrating... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Rick Sherman
I've been lucky enough to see the John Wilson Orchestra twice now, and sent this to my dear American friend for Christmas, safe in the knowledge that, since she also appreciates... Read morePublished 20 months ago by Diane K
It is very difficult to add my own comments, because the other reviewers have said it so
perfectly. This is a concert to remember. Mr. Read more
I saw clips of this show on YouTube & have been haunting the BBC for a couple of years to see if I could buy a DVD copy of it. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Bill "B"
Excellent quality DVD.....great music played well by hand-picked musician. Thank you for the prompt service, I am very pleased. AnthonyPublished 23 months ago by A Smith
This is a must have item for musical fans.
I have seen many BBC PROMS programs through YOUTUBE.
The quality of performance is supuerb. Read more
I love old movie musicals. So,when a PBS station in my state broadcasted John Wilson's tribute to MGM musicals, I had to watch. It took Mr. Read morePublished on April 11, 2013 by Michael's Mom
This was the first of several performances by The John Wilson Orchestra from The Royal Albert Hall, I cannot wait for "The Rodgers & Hammerstein" and the "Best of... Read morePublished on March 19, 2013 by Harold Wenble