Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on December 3, 2008
As a mom with a growing "That's not my..." collection it's good to know what the touchy-feely parts are. The monkey book has: soft ears, velvety tail, smooth feet, hairy eyebrows, fuzzy tongue and fluffy tummy. There's a nice variety of illustrations and it's another great book in the series.
0Comment71 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2009
Engaging and sturdy, compared to other touch-and-feel board books my toddler has destroyed. There are no little pieces to pull off, the touchy-parts are embedded in the pages.
on March 9, 2010
My son LOVES this line of books; but this one fell short for him!
"That's Not My Monster" is his absolute favorite, and he likes "That's Not My Dragon" the 2nd. I bought That's Not My Pony, That's Not My Monkey and That's Not My Lion recently. He enjoys the monkey one, but the other 2 he doesn't care much for. I couldn't say why, I think textures are really the same book to book, so it must be the pictures. I highly recommend these books though.
on December 12, 2010
I purchased this book as a gift after someone had given my daughter the "That's Not My Dragon" version. It was absolutely one of her favorite books as a baby and as a toddler she loves to read it over and over. Every page has a touch and feel piece to it. It's neat to watch your child progress and understand where the touch & feel piece is on the page and gravitate to them on their own. There's also a cute little mouse tucked away on each page and although she doesn't get it yet, as she gets older I think this will bring a new element of "where's the mouse" in addition to the touch and feel part. These books are great-kids love them and they make nice gifts.
on February 25, 2015
Fiona Watt, the author of such popular books such as "That's Not My Dinosaur", "That's Not My Teddy", and the critically acclaimed "That's Not My Train", has now written "That's Not My Monkey", published by Usborne Publishing Limited.

"That's Not My Monkey" is far and away her most ambitious and sparkling book, bringing Ms. Watt's love of monkeys and things that could possibly be mistaken for monkeys to material that could not have more everyday relevance. She explores the theme with unalloyed merriment, and she is fearless about the embarrassment that usually accompanies it.

"That's Not My Monkey" is structured as a vastly entertaining pilgrimage down the monkey jungle, with Ms. Watt as the wittiest, most valuable tour guide imaginable. She digresses only a little, mostly to make gut-busting asides about the British Westminister parliamentary system. Otherwise, we are treated to various well-developed characters who are not our monkey for their tails are too velvety, feet too smooth, eyebrows too hairy, tongue too fuzzy, or ears so soft.

"That's Not My Monkey" rapidly unravels into a maelstrom of tension and paranoia, as Ms. Watt draws a disturbing picture of how easy it is for even the most careful to mistake their monkey.

It's hard to know whether to be enraged or delighted by the unexpected denouement with which Ms. Watt wraps up her story, but if the mark of a good thriller is the compulsion to reread it immediately on finishing, to see if the clues can be spotted second time round, then "That's Not My Monkey" has it, in spades.
on September 11, 2008
We have several of these books, my baby girls loves to touch and feel each sections. These are great first books to read to your baby. The monkey one is cute and one of our favorite ones.
22 comments5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2012
Hi,

This is a great starter picture book. It can be expanded with your imagination! It is also a book containing different textures. As such, certain items have different textures like the monkeys ears are made of felt.

I suggest you read "The Read Out Loud Handbook";

Take care,
Rob G
on February 15, 2013
I hope to collect all (or mostly all) of these books.
They are wonderful. Very cute drawings, short and sweet.
My son received Monkey and Elephant for Christmas when he was 10 months old.
He is a year old now and is still enjoying them.
I ordered Monkey and Princess one for baby shower gifts.
on October 23, 2009
My son is 10 months old now, and "That's not my monkey..." has been one of his favorite books. We read it every night - he loves the "touchy feely" patches; this book is very sturdy. My son scrapes and picks at all the patches, and so far the book has shown no wear. Highly recommended!
on August 26, 2010
My daughter loves this book! she loves the colors and the different textures, she's 11 months old and I will sit with her and read it to her, lots of pictures, and different things for her to touch and experience! well worth it!