4.0 out of 5 stars No-nonsense and easy to follow

3.0 out of 5 stars A quick diet summary
Published on July 22, 2011 by E. Tannenbaum

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars A quick diet summary, July 22, 2011
This review is from: The 10/60 Diet: How to lose 10% of your body weight in 60 days. (Kindle Edition)
99 cents is an ok price for what you get. If you're looking for a short & quick version of the 'low-carb' diet, this is for you. I didn't see anything new in here; and he just gives general guidelines without specific meal plans or recipes. I'm not totally sold on any diet that bans enough foods that it couldn't be turned into a lifetime eating plan. Doing the math, the 10% weight loss in 60 days is about what I would reasonably expect to lose on any diet + exercise plan that works....

1.0 out of 5 stars Would've liked to give it a negative start rating...., July 22, 2011
B. Beaber (Minerva, Ohio) - See all my reviews
What a rip-off. Regardless of the $.99 price tag, this book is like the Phase 1 of the South Beach diet for the most part. Besides being seriously devoid of any new advice, it's seriously lacking in nutrition....fool me once!

4.0 out of 5 stars No-nonsense and easy to follow, June 10, 2011
rozcar (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I had a feeling I knew the premise for this book before I purchased it and I was correct. It advocates for a high protein, low-carb approach to weight loss. This approach makes sense to me and is an approach that is very popular in weight-loss books currently. I think the guidelines are easy to follow because you have a splurge day to look forward to, which takes some of the pressure off to be perfect on the diet. The book was a quick read, a good, bare-bones guide to losing weight.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nonesense, July 26, 2012
When a diet book tells you that Brussel sprouts and kale are bad for you, it makes you doubt the validity of the rest of the information. I wanted to like this book but although there was some good information, I cannot recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read diet book, June 10, 2011
I thought this was an interesting book about weight loss. It's incredibly short and easy to read. I've been on many diets in my life, so I know most of the tips about avoiding carbohydrates and eating lean meat. However, this book still provided some extra tips and some snack foods options that would be good when you want to cheat a little. I think to be successful in weight loss you basically have to eat less and exercise more, which this book is advocating, except with some extra little tips and tricks. I think it's good to get ideas from this diet plan, but probably to talk to a physician or nutritionist before starting just in case there are dangers for your particular situation.

3.0 out of 5 stars New Year's Resolution?, January 3, 2012
Okay, I think just about everybody in the whole US of A makes that same resolution every year. To lose weight. I know, I know, I said it wasn't on my list this year. I was my goals were all about reading and writing. I..uh...lied. Ugh. Lose weight is on my list.
So in that spirit. Here's a new years resolution review of a diet book.
Blurgh.

Review:
Well, this is another low-carb diet book. 'Nuff said.
However, for being a self-pubbed non fiction book, this was actually well written, well layed out and read more like a self help book written for standard publication. I did like that he had a few testimonials at the end too that sounded like they might actually be real people.
So I say well done to Phil. Even if I've read or heard or even known these tips and tricks before they are presented in a very easy to read and follow format. This is a great beginner's guide to low carb dieting.

Just for fun: The first line of the book.
"I finally found a diet that works."

My recommendations:
Well, I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it.
I won't be searching anymore non fiction titles out from this dude.
But according to his author page he has several other books (all with wine bottles on the cover) that I might just take a look at given that this book was well written and well formatted.
I give this book 3 stars.
I've also put a review on Goodreads and my blog amydenim dot blogspot

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new, May 24, 2014
This is a quick read, but you won't learn anything new and exciting. It is good to spur you on, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 10/60 Diet, March 21, 2014
Excellent reference for the high protein diet. I hate diet books that have a hundred pages about the author and testimonials from dieters. This book gives you everything you need in a few pages.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good tips, January 17, 2014
Not written by any medical or weight loss specialist. Good tips but very similar to a low carb diet or the South Beach Diet. It will probably work better for men than women.

5.0 out of 5 stars No-nonsense and easy to follow, September 10, 2013
If you're looking for a short & quick version of the 'low-carb' diet, this is for you. Concise and exact

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›