Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 25, 2012
I have been a fan of Jason's books for several years now. I've yet to regret reading a single one. They entertain and educate but also inspire and motivate me to think about life more deeply, and to care about people more fully. That certainly happened again reading The 13th Day of Christmas. It's a rich, rewarding tale that draws our attention to the things that matter most during the holiday season. I believe it has the potential to even launch some new Christmas traditions (and that would be a very good thing).

Do yourself a favor, put this book at the top of your Christmas book list this year. Do your friends a favor and buy them copies as Christmas gifts.
VINE VOICEon October 8, 2012
WOW! Knock my socks off. I stayed up late to finish this book. I could NOT put it down. My first Jason Wright book but it will be the start of a new addiction! You will instantly fall in love with both of the main characters, young Charlee and Ms Marva. I love all the apron talk and the personalities are larger than life.

What is a fun book and should be, also has a HUGE meaning and is much more! We all love Christmas (well most of us!) but on December 26th, do we go back to normal? Jason's point of view is NO. You should remember Jesus the other 364 days. So instead of 12 days of Christmas, there is 13, the day after being the 13th. I love this message. A cute story thrown in with this, Ms Marva and Charlee, BFF's! Grab your box of kleenex though.

This book will make excellent gifts. I know a few people I am going to get it for. Perfect message!

I received a copy of this book for free from net galley in exchange for an honest review.
on October 3, 2012
The 13th Day of Christmas by Jason F. Wright
5 Stars
Warning don't forget the tissue. This story touched me in so many ways. I shed tears for bad news, for good news & most of all for the Love of God has for us all.
Our family has had the twelve days of christmas given to us. We have had fun giving and trying to runaway without being caught. I wish I had thought about giving the 13th Day then but I will in the future.
Marva Ferguson collects aprons she has over 150 of them. She is a lovely widow, who's only son died in the Vietnam war. They used to have lots of land but they sold most of it to the city and trailers have moved in. She loves to hang up clothes to dry on her line through out the years she has shared the chore with lot of different friends.
Charlee is a little girl who is close to her father and he tells her wonderful stories at bedtime. Then things started to change and her father was sad and tired to tell stories very often. They had to sell thier house,car and lots of thier possesions. They were moving to a new town and starting all over in a trailer park. Charlee was having a hard time making friends and one day out in the field she was dancing on a tree stump she heard clapping. Saw thier neighbor hanging clothes and was invited over by hand jesters.
Charlee and Marva started a good relationship and became best friends. Charlee got to help her decorate for christmas even if it was only Oct.
Marva likes decorating early so when the trick or treaters came they would see her decorations and that way she could share them.
Zach is 15 and got suspended in his last school. He met Mrs. Ferguson when he went to pick up his sister. Mrs. Ferguson was really interested in Zach's life too.
Mrs. Ferguson invited Charlee's whole family over for Thanks Giving and planned a big dinner. She was excited to have company come.
Thomas had to file for bankrupty. He has a hard time finding fulltime work now. His wife Emily got a job working at Walmart. They both fought and worried over money trying to keep thier kids that things were alright.
Then Charlee got cancer and thier family really got more worried. Charlee after surgery to remove the tumor got to come home but could not to much and could not have friends over.
Marva got walkie talkies and she kept hers on all the time and carried in her apron. Charlee could talk to her when ever she wanted now. Charlee loved that she could talk to her best friend. Asks her everyday what apron she was wearing and what it said today.
Then Charlee got a letter on the front porch that told her that they would be sharing the 13 days of Christmas with her and she could share them with her family.
each day the traveling Elves shared with them what the song really meant because they wrote it.
The first day they were traveling and wanted to buy the best Pear tree and picked it up when a big bus pulled in and teen girls surrounded it and David Cassidy made a run for it and hid in the tree. So they had a Partage in the pear tree. So they sent her the last fruit of that tree with Charlee.
The stories that came with each gift was charming. I loved it.
But I admit to crying way to much in this book. I have a feeling this will be a favorite christmas book to read every year. I loved the characters and the little details of the characters, the lessons in the apron sayings and Marva sharing her love with a little girl who brought joy back to her.
If you read one book for Christmas read this one but read it before the 12 days of Christmas because it might give you ideas for your own special Christmas Season.
I was given this ebook to read in exchange of a honest reviews from Netgalley.
10/09/2012 PUB. Deseret Book Imprint Shadow Mountain
on October 4, 2012
I am a huge fan of Jason Wright. He writes amazing stories that will lift ones spirit. This book was inspirational allowing one to discover the true meaning of Christmas. The main point that Wright portrayed was the day after Christmas. Not only do we celebrate Christ's birth during the Christmas season, but we should celebrate by living like Him the rest of the year. I love that thought! He also challenged the reader to participate in doing the 13 days of Christmas project.

I also loved the characters, Marva and Charlee. Their friendship was sweet and warm. They needed each other. I know that people come into our lives at certain times for certain reasons. This book was a great example of friendship and love. I definitely recommend The 13th Day of Christmas to everyone this Christmas season. It will change your perspective and bring you closer to God.
on September 23, 2012
I have always loved the 12 days of Christmas--the song, the story books, the decorations I can find... you name it. I was very excited when Jason released the title of this book and just could not wait to read it! Plus, the title really interested me... instead of 12 days, 13 days?

The message behind this story is something I have always believed in. The world gets so wrapped up in the season of Christmas: the excitement, the kindness, the love and then shortly after, the world forgets the meaning of the season. This story brings back those memories and teaches us how to live with those feelings every day...

May you pick up this book and read it and share the meaning with all those you meet.
on September 28, 2012
Christmas is a joyous holiday that brings happiness to everyone... but not always. Sometimes we become so wrapped up in our own small worlds that we forget the reason for the season. The 13th day of Christmas is about giving, quite literally, even when it hurts. Two families become acquainted when a devastating loss sets one family so far back they can't see daylight and it just keeps snowballing. Then a kindly eighty-one year old neighbor opens her heart and their worlds become intertwined. This story will alter your perspective.
on September 24, 2012
Everyone needs a Marva Ferguson in their lives to remind them of the true meaning of the Christmas Season! We love, we give, we share, and we sing during the holiday season. We focus on our gifts, card writing, cooking and company. The day after Christmas we pack up the season, it's true meaning and all of the decorations, put them on a shelf and focus our attention on other things. Marva teaches us that the most important day of the year is December 26th. How will you live your life from December 26th of this year until December 12th of next year?

You'll never sing The Twelve (or 13) Days of Christmas Song the same way again or put an apron on without a giggle. This is sure to become a holiday favorite and a new family tradition. As many read The Night Before Christmas every Christmas Eve, you'll want to curl up by the fire and reread this treasure every December 12th!

Grab a bowl of gumdrops, get the fire roaring, put your feet up and get ready to enjoy the newest Jason Wright novel!
on September 22, 2012
I've read and learned many lessons from Jason Wright's books. I try to become a better person by applying the principals he teaches through his characters' actions. The 13th Day of Christmas is another amazing novel which follows a family through struggles and trials. As this family interacts with a sweet elderly woman, we are taught the true meaning of Christmas and a valuable lesson. I hope to be able to implement this message with my own family along with others we have learned through Jason's books. Well done, Mr. Wright! :)
on December 20, 2012
Each year I read many Christmas books...but this was one of the best. It is rather predictable...but istn't that what Christmas story endings all about??
I loved this one - it is about love-between an elderly woman and little girl-sacrifice reminisent of the ultimate sacrifice of the first Christmas, a family struggling like most of us-and in the end I must say, I looked at Christmas this year as more about service and simple kindness to those who need us most...
on October 25, 2012
The 13th Day of Christmas is another WONDERFUL story by Jason Wright! Charlee is uprooted from her "normal" life when her parents' financial troubles take them from living a good life to that of one in a trailer park in a small town. She meets Miss Marva, an elderly neighbor lady, and their friendship begins. This story unfolds into a greater understanding of the true meaning of Christmas, and how we should all celebrate the 13th Day! The characters are so real you can almost see Charlee's family around the Thanksgiving table at Miss Marva's house! Awesome story! Only problem is that I read it too quickly, and now have to wait several months for the next Jason Wright book!