Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on November 25, 2012
I purchased the kindle version 11/20/12. I am overall disappointed in the lack of resources included in the text. Other than a few in-text citations that one could look up, most of the claims cite studies but there is no bibliography or reference list. There is ALOT of repetition in the book... it seems as if the book is merely a compilation of multiple articles. It will stay in my collection for one reason... the kindle version has hyper-linked index at the end so that if I want to quickly navigate to a specific topic I do not have to search through the text. Now don't get me wrong... I do not suggest that the information is not true or backed up by research... its just without proper citations, the claims are no more valid than any of the other myriad of nutrition books... I will still have to look for sources of these claims...

Strengths: Quick read; hyperlinks
Weaknesses: No citations, repetitious, designed like a get-rich-quick scheme book,
on December 17, 2011
This book does offer a one-stop place to find information on food that is good for you. But I didn't really find any new information or as much as I had hoped for. A lot of it is common sense, or available out on the internet. I hoped for more scientific depth. Still, an okay book, and a reasonable choice as a gift for someone who does not currently eat healthily but is interested in changing their habits.
on January 14, 2010
This book basically describes the healthiest foods in detail and its stuff that most of us are already aware of. Like blueberries, kale, broccoli, spinach, and dark leafy greens are powerful antioxidant houses and can prevent certain diseases and cancers. Much of the same information found in Mens Health or Womens Health magazines are found in this book.
on July 20, 2013
I think I could definitely benefit from using this more along the lines of a dictionary, and do enjoy it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2016
none
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2015
Basic stuff but I tend to disagree with some of it. I just don't think flesh foods are healthy.
on January 13, 2015
It's ok!
on July 2, 2011
Very fascinating stuff, I just wished the author would have gone into more depth as how to prepare the foods.
0Comment1 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse