I just kind of came across this book by chance and read the first chapter. It made sense, so I bought the book and really liked what I read. I would have liked more "scientific evidence" for some of the claims, written in "layman" terms, but as is, it still made intuitive sense.

Published on September 5, 2011 by fmcclsky

2.0 out of 5 stars 17 Day Diet Workbook
Published on November 18, 2011 by Mousy

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, I met my goal and am on to a life-style change toward much better health., September 5, 2011
This review is from: The 17 Day Diet Workbook: Your Guide to Healthy Weight Loss with Rapid Results (Paperback)

I am pretty good about following directions, so following the diet as described in each of the cycles to a tee, worked really well for me. I managed to lose those really difficult pounds to get me to my ideal weight in one go-around of the first 3 cycles. I lost 15 pounds. I've been trying to lose these pounds for about two years now, so this was a real delight.

I like to be a vegan vegetarian, however, so I was eating more animal products than I care to eat on this diet, but felt it was necessary to get more protein to be healthy. Once I am in the 4th cycle, I will try to get more of my protein through non-meat sources, like beans.

If you are committed and really ready to drop those pounds, I suggest you try this diet and go for it for at least 51 days - the first 3 cycles, before judging Dr. Moreno's process for losing weight. The 4th cycle is very important, too, for maintaining the weight loss. That's where I am right now, but I am excited to work at keeping it off for at least another 34 days. After that, the life-style will be set and it won't seem so much like work - it will just be the way I am! Yippee!

Also, what I like about this diet, is that if I mess up and start gaining weight back again, I can just go back to cycle 1 for just 17 days to lose those unwanted pounds. Cool! I'm set for a life of maintaining a healthy weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, December 23, 2011
Frank A. Perna (Pennsylvania, in the culture-free zone) - See all my reviews
Being 100 lbs overweight and after trying dozens of diets and exercise programs I finally found one that works. I've recently had a knee replaced and needed to do something. In just four months I've lost over 50 lbs. and believe me, that's a miracle! I highly recommend this diet.

2.0 out of 5 stars 17 Day Diet Workbook, November 18, 2011
I received the book quickly, along with the full 17 Day Diet book. I began filling out the questions but when it comes to the daily reports, it's just a bit of overkill and very repetitive. I stopped using it. I record things on the computer anyhow so I didn't really need the workbook. The diet is in this book so you should either buy the workbook or the diet book. I don't find a need for both.

5.0 out of 5 stars 17 Day Diet, September 26, 2011
I received the book on my Kindle and then ordered the workbook in paperback to go with it. This is a great diet and way of eating. I have only been on it for 21 days and have already lost 7 solid pounds and they just keep falling off. It is easy to understand and fit into your lifestyle. I highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly a journal, December 7, 2011
Amazon Customer (Scottsdale, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This is a journal book with the highlights of the original 17 Day Diet book. It was a good reminder of the basics for me, but - for me - the empty journal pages is a waste of paper. I had given my copy of the main book to family so just needed the basics, but if you want all the whys & recipes - go for the original book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, September 8, 2011
While I don't mind the format of this workbook, because of materials it contains, it should have been spiral bound, not a tightly bound paperback. If you really are going to use this, it's something you are picking up at least once a day to write in (if not more). The binding is just impractical.

1.0 out of 5 stars RIP OFF, October 30, 2011
Don't buy this..buy the ORIGINAL BOOK ONLY. THis is just a way to make more money and you don't need it. IN fact the food lists don't even match the original book.

Save your money..I have a web site with over 10,000 readers who have all had weight loss success...none needed this book! Just get the orignal...17 Day Diet Book and follow the plan and you'll be fine!

[...]

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent, September 14, 2011
great work book easy to keep track of my daily meals, how much water intake, etc... glad i got one!

5.0 out of 5 stars 17 days diet easy, December 17, 2011
the book is great, I lost a lot of weight, and I will start again with the 17 days diet workout, if you stick to the foods as directed and do some walking......the pounds will melt and the best part is you can eat veggies and meat/fish as much as you like and still loose the weight.

2.0 out of 5 stars 17 day diet work book, July 6, 2012
Don't waste your money. Just as easy and much cheaper to get a note book and keep track of diet info based on the 17 day diet book. Not at all necessary. The same information is in the regular 17 day diet book. The only possible benefit is it contains information that you carry with you and fill out through the day, but a note book would work just as easy.

The 17 Day Diet Workbook: Your Guide to Healthy Weight Loss with Rapid Results