Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 2, 2012 4:18:22 PM PDT
Is anyone else really looking forward to playing this in 3D? I can just imagine how scary this would be with 3D. Also I've never played a game in 3D before. How has gaming been in 3D for those who have done that?

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 3:49:36 AM PDT
R. Smith says:
I really dig home 3d (more than theater 3d, even, which I actually used to hate). So far, I've only played one game in 3d, on the ps3 (plus a few on PC, using some program I can't remember the name of).

Unfortunately, 3d games on ps3 are a little hit and miss. I really like the extra dimension, but depending on the 3d technology, you may lose some resolution. I have a passive 3d tv, thus lose a bit of resolution. With a 1080p source, it's hardly noticeable, but with a 720p source (ie, most ps3 games), that drop in quality actually really hurts.

Pixelation aside, 3d games are quite fun. :D

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 8:33:09 PM PDT
Yea I have a passive too but on a 32 inch screen it doesn't bug me too much. I also think I prefer home 3D to theater cause I'm much closer to the tv and I think it kinda looks better than theatres but I haven't seen a 3D movie in theatres since avengers so I don't have a good comparison. Since posting I've played sonic generations in 3D which was cool but there was some ghosting so I'm hoping the 3D with Doom will be more polished cause it's one of my favorite games and I'm a big 3D fan.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Oct 2, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doom 3 BFG Edition - Playstation 3
Doom 3 BFG Edition - Playstation 3 by Bethesda (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (152)