5.0 out of 5 stars A Warm, Inspiring Guide for Couples
Published 5 months ago by Marcia Naomi Berger, author of...

3.0 out of 5 stars An Uncut Diamond
There is some great material in this concise book that made a positive impact on my marriage. I feel the book could benefit from some additional editing. Most of the book is background material and highly worthwhile, but the 4 steps themselves are all in the last chapter and they felt underdeveloped.

The chapters that resonated positivel with me were 2, 3, 4,...
Published on January 26, 2012 by Joseph Chomski

5.0 out of 5 stars A Warm, Inspiring Guide for Couples, February 17, 2014
This review is from: The 4 Steps to a Successful Marriage (Paperback)
This is an easy. short book to read that is packed with wisdom and sensitivity. The authors share wisdom from renowned Jewish and other sources, and from their own successful marriage of over thirty years duration. They explain the importance of really listening to your partner and tell how to quickly end a power struggle by :"getting off your position." What comes through repeatedly is the importance of putting your partner and the relationship first, instead of trying to win an argument or get your way about some concern. The 4 Steps to a Successful Marriage includes examples that show just how different couples create wonderful marriages by putting this teaching into practice. The author's warmth and humor come through often, making the book a pleasure to read, as well as informative.

3.0 out of 5 stars An Uncut Diamond, January 26, 2012
Joseph Chomski (Passaic, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 4 Steps to a Successful Marriage (Paperback)

The chapters that resonated positivel with me were 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Chapters 2-3 contains traditional jewish thoughts about marriage. In just a few pages, the authors manage to convey some intense kabbalistic concepts that struck me deeply. In chapters 4-5 I feel the book reaches its peak. The authors redefine love, romance, communication, and especially listening, which gets its own chapter of tightly woven stories that illustrate the tremendous positive impact of truly listening to your spouse.

Chapter 6 is about "The Power of Sorry" but is only 2 pages long and not fully developed. More stories and examples would help. Chapter 7 seems to be about dating and contains good nuggets of insight, but I feel it would have been better to combine this with step 1 (of the 4 steps) and dedicate a chapter to it.

In chapter 8, each step is covered in just a few pages and isn't developed fully. When I got to the end, my reaction was "that's it? Where's the rest?". I feel each step deserved its own chapter.

As the book stands, I feel a better title would be, "Preparing for a Successful Marriage". On that basis, it's a good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY useful, May 15, 2012
This review is from: The 4 Steps to a Successful Marriage (Paperback)
Sam Krause's book "The 4 Steps ti as Successful Marriage" is a wonderfully written, witty, resource for anyone that is looking to improve their marriage or any other relationship that they are in. It is amazing how simple some of the steps are and how quickly one can turn their relationship around. Great job Mr. Krause!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift book, too!, January 17, 2012
This review is from: The 4 Steps to a Successful Marriage (Paperback)
I feel it's important to take note that though the title of the book is "The Four Steps to a Successful Marriage," the words "AND ALL YOUR OTHER RELATIONSHIPS" is also written below. People who aren't married might think they wouldn't be able to glean anything from a book like this, but a marriage is a partnership, and ANY kind of relationship is also a partnership.

One main passage stands out for me: "The difference between our book and most others is that we have included the spiritual dimension, so that the soul can be touched and softened." That's such a beautiful idea and so meaningful in today's world that seeks to remove that dimension from our consciousness.

What also resonates with me is that the title refers to a SUCCESSFUL marriage-not always happy, not without discord. It's how we find acceptance in the other person that is key to maintaining the relationship. The chapter on "active listening" is a real eye-opener. Anyone who wants to really communicate with another person will be happy they read this book. It contains very practical advice that is easily accessible to everyone.

It's an easy book to read. You'll find that you will want to read it over and over, and that you missed things the first time around. In it, we have been given the opportunity to access our memories; the information only seems new-it is really age-old wisdom that has already been imprinted in our DNA, just waiting to be rediscovered! Kudos to the Krauses for giving us a reawakening!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!, January 7, 2012
This review is from: The 4 Steps to a Successful Marriage (Paperback)
The 4 steps to a successful Marriage was recommended to me by a friend. She told me the book would change my life and I think it really has. I have been trying some of the methods explained in the book and can already see a difference in my relationships.

If your married this is a must read. And if your thinking of marriage this is a must read. If you deal with people this is must read.

The ideas are new and very well explained and easy to incorporate instantly into your life. I had the feeling through out the book that the books authors were actually pulling for me and on my side. What more could anyone want, two instant unknown friends that are guiding and pulling for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars successful marriage., December 20, 2011
This review is from: The 4 Steps to a Successful Marriage (Paperback)
Marriage is usually difficult somewhere along the way. This book will help keep you on track. It's valuable lessons can be used daily, and will increase your domestic harmony. I recommend it.
H. Weiss M.D.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, December 19, 2011
This review is from: The 4 Steps to a Successful Marriage (Paperback)
This book was an easy read, yet very deep at the same time. It gives you a torah perspective on marriage and relationships, along with practical advice on how to improve in those areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works if you work it!, December 15, 2011
Sarah Morgenstern (Morristown, NJ, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 4 Steps to a Successful Marriage (Paperback)
We all know what we want out of marriage when we first get married. But somehow, despite our best intentions, we manage to flounder along the way. Sam and Terry Krause are astute observers of human behavior and, coupled with the wisdom of the Torah, deliver deep insights into what makes for a successful marriage. They've boiled it down to four steps. Thank G-d for that, because in these busy and complicated times that's about all anyone can handle. What they haven't done is just as important as what they have done. They have not puffed up the page-count with lots of needless case studies. They deliver the information in a compact, efficient manner. This practical, clearly-written book lays out practices that help focus energy on achieving what you know needs to be done - and it works! This book is a must read for newlyweds and makes for an excellent wedding gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars the 4 steps to a successful marriage, December 14, 2011
This review is from: The 4 Steps to a Successful Marriage (Paperback)
WOW!!!...this concise and easy to read gem thoughtfully and powerfully reveals secrets as old as adam and eve and as new as this very moment...if you are thinking about marriage (or any relationship, for that matter) or, you have been married for any length of time, or, you long to have more meaningful relationships, the wisdom contained here is priceless(and you can have it all for only $12.95!)...this wonderous little book is absolute must reading for all...and fun, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 Steps to ALL Relationships, December 13, 2011
This review is from: The 4 Steps to a Successful Marriage (Paperback)
Simple steps and enjoyable reading - totally hits home regarding ALL relationships - not just marriage. Everyone should read this.

The 4 Steps to a Successful Marriage
The 4 Steps to a Successful Marriage by Sam (Simcha) and Terry Krause (Paperback - November 7, 2011)
$10.00 $9.00