Format: Audio CD
Makaveli is arguably Tupac Shakur's greatest record. Released just a few months after his untimely death, and featuring some of the most disturbing lyrics from this man who supposedly went mad after he was shot 5 times the first time. But to me, that shooting just opened his eyes. Extremely prophetic and poetic with so many references to death and him calling out the fake busters which really made no sense back then but makes perfect sense today. (Jay-Z fell off the worst and Mobb Deep went straight soft, Dr. Dre is really showing signs of his other side with his appearance although he still makes tight beats, Nas is the only one that has maintained his illness.) The production if I must say is excellent. Tupac's flow is sick the whole way through, opting for his slow flow a little more on this album. Me & My Girlfriend; one of Pac's greatest songs, is a chilling metaphor about his gun. I didn't catch on to the metaphor until someone actually pointed it out to me, but that makes that song so much more special. He disses and dismisses Jay- Z, Nas and Mobb Deep on Against All Odds-another chilling battle track packed with anger and lyrical adeptness, and Bomb First. These three artists are now all mysteriously beefing... Tupac takes stabs at Dr. Dre as well on Toss It Up and To Live & Die In LA.
On this album you could tell that his patience was wearing thin and his trust for others except his real friends had already faded. This is one of the most open portraits of this misunderstood troubled man. Krazy, White Man'z World, Hold Ya Head are all classics and drop knowledge. Tupac really was a special person and it is a shame he had to take the thug way to his demise. He was one of the few that could drop thug lyrics about killing and mean it, and then on the next song drop knowledge about the school systems, education, and enlightenment, politics, treating of females and other positive things and mean it. The guy was believeable and behaved just like a real person; not just a straight thug unloving women hater but not no biatch softie crybaby either. He was extremely introspective and observant and for that alone Makaveli is a classic. But add in all the elements of a classic such as tight beats, potent lyrics, flawless flows, nice melodies and good choruses and you have yourself a masterpiece.
Format: Audio CD
The last album that 2Pac, under the alias of Makaveli, made while he was alive. Its an amazing end too, one of the best hes ever done, tied only with All Eyez On Me.

He takes the name of a Italian philospher who faked his death, and returned seven days later to take revenge on his enemies. This, along with Pacs death right before the release of this album, lead people to believe that he was still alive, and that he would eventually return.

The music itself is really good, Pac gets more spiritual than he's ever been before, with cuts like Hail Mary, and Blashemy, but keeps his gangsta style on Life Of An Outlaw, and To Live And Die In LA.

The best songs on here are Bomb First (My Second Reply), Hail Mary, To Live And Die In LA,

(And my personal favorites:) Life Of An Outlaw, Me and My Girlfriend.

All the others are really good as well, but those are the stand out tracks.

Life Of An Outlaw, Me and My Girlfriend are really amazing songs.

In my opinion, they should have put on the Greatest Hits collection, but whatever...

The Outlawz are once again on Pacs (excuse me, Makveli's) album.

I really, really like the Outlawz, I think they are a great rap group. A new member makes his debut on this album, Young Noble. He has his own, distinct style of rapping. He raps like he has a swollen tongue, but he is pretty good, and he has stuck around with the group ever since this album.

I, personally, believe that he is really dead, and people should let him rest in peace, but those who believe this only do so out of love for him.

Dead or not, he's still the greatest rapper ever.

R.I.P...

P.S- Oh yeah, About the "Suge shot me", Im pretty sure Pac wasn't the one that said that. Most of that stuff was added to get people to think he was still alive.

Like the executive producer being "Simon", not Suge Knight, the fingerprints in the booklet, etc.
on March 31, 2003
Format: Audio CD
2pac, Makaveli, The Don Killuminati, whatever he calls himself the fact remains that he is the greatest rapper of all time. This was his last masterpiece, a must-have for any true 2pac fan. The Intro is very harsh, 2pac attacks several east coast rapper's including Nas, Notorious B.I.G., Mobb Deep, and Jay-Z. Next comes "Hail Mary" which is one of 2pac's greatest songs ever, that's why you can find it on his "Greatest Hits" album. "Toss it Up" is more of a party track with a bumpin' beat and lots of R&B singing. Next is my favorite song on the album "To Live & Die in L.A." a laid back track with a very nice beat where 2pac tells us why he loves L.A. so much. "Blasphemy" is kind of a dark track with a lot of emotion. On "Life of an Outlaw" 2pac & the Outlaws rap with a lot of energy that is balanced by a nice laid back R&B chourus. "Just Like Daddy" is a slower song where 2pac talks about treating women just like a daddy would. "Krazy" is a very good song with a laid back vibe. "White Man'z World" is a very powerfull track with an obvious message. The next track "Me and My Girlfriend" is great song, just ask Jay-Z. "Hold Ya Head" is a song that 2pac sends out to everbody in prison, telling them to keep their heads up. The last song "Against All Odds" is another diss record dedicated to the east coast (Puff Daddy is added to the hit list). Overall this is a classic album with no filler every song has a meaning.
on April 9, 2002
Format: Audio CD
Exit 2Pac, Enter Makaveli....Subtle notes in the inside cover of the album that many consider to be Tupac Shakur's most controversial record. Pac had originally planned this record to be his rebirth. The rebirth of a general out to expose the fakers in the hip-hop game. Fate changed his plans, however, instead the 7 Day Theory became the first posthumous album released from Shakur only a month after his death. An eerie album at that. A shocking cover of a crucified Shakur alone added fuel to rumors of him faking his own death. Double-meanings in verses also had many fans shaking their heads. The album itself included vicious disses to some of the East Coast's finest (Nas, Mobb Deep, Puffy, Jay-Z and Biggie Smalls) on "Bomb First" and "Against All Odds." East Coast heads, however, weren't the only recipients of the Death Row assault. Suge Knight's influence was apparent on the track "Toss It Up" where Makaveli tore apart Dr. Dre on an extremely personal level going as far as to question his manhood. Disses aside, some of Pac's greatest moments can be found on this record. Take the virtually flawless "Hail Mary" or the Left Coast anthem "To Live and Die in LA". Pac doesn't falter on the introspective side either with heart-felt moments including "White Manz World" and "Hold Ya Head". And to those back-packing naysayers who complained about the minimal use of methaphors in Pac's verses, please skip to "Me and My Girlfriend" and witness a song-long metaphor about the passion between a man and his 9mm. Truth is that Makaveli was about emotions and not similes. Take the soul-wrenching "Krazy" where Makaveli declares "Blame me for the outcome, playing my records. Check this. Don't have to bump this but please respect this." That's his stance on this record, love him or hate him. You have to respect Makaveli's place in rap history whether "breathin' or dead."
Format: Audio CD
The often repeated sentiment that Tupac was taken from us too soon takes on a new significance after one listens to "Makaveli." Starting with "Me Against the World" and continuing through "All Eyez on Me" to "Makaveli," Tupac's CDs showed an evolution. While it's hard to say which CD was Pac's best, each one of them saw Tupac adding a new element to his mic skills. In "Me Against the World" Tupac was talking from his heart, in "All Eyes on Me" he made thugged-out rider songs, and in Makaveli he began to earnestly talk about social issues. One can only wonder what his next full length release would have been like.
"Makaveli" begins with "Bomb First" a song which displays the one major fault of this CD: anger. By the time "Makaveli" was made, of course, Tupac was deeply embroiled in the East-West feud which some say took his life; the feud is clearly present on this CD. One wonders what tracks might have been produced had Tupac put his considerable talent toward writing interesting conceptional songs instead of expressing blind rage at Bad Boy and other East Coast MCs.
"Bomb First" also reveals the minor flaw of "Makaveli": Tupac's posse, known as the Outlawz. Although I must admit that they were less annoying than on other Tupac CDs, Pac is clearly better off without them. For example, on "Bomb First" E.D.I. Amin raps:
Got a little question for that [...] that made "Paparazzi" / If you ain't in this rap game, for the [...] cash mayne / then what is your [...] purpose? None can serve us /
First, there's the absurdity of calling out a West Coast MC on an East Coast dis song. Then there is the fact that Xzibit is far more resepcted than E.D.I. Amin will ever be precisely because he is not in the rap game for the money. Unfortunately the Outlawz contribution to "Makaveli" does not improve from here on.
Tupac's lyrics (which apparently took time off when he wrote most of "All Eyes on Me") are back strong. The man who delivered such lyrical gems as "Me Against the World" and "If I Die Tonight" brings verses like this (From "Hail Mary"):
I'm a ghost in these killin fields / Hail Mary catch me if I go, let's go deep inside / the solitary mind of a madman who screams in the dark / Evil lurks, enemies, see me flee / Activate my hate, let it break, to the flame / Set trip, empty out my clip, never stop to aim
On more heartfelt songs such as "Krazy" Tupac shows a maturity not seen in his previous CDs:
Hopin God hear me, I entered the game; look how much I changed / I'm no longer innocent - casualties of fame / Made a lot of money, seen a lot of places / And I swear I seen a peaceful smile on my mama's face / when I gave her the keys to her own house, this your land / Your only son done became a man
In addition to Pac's lyrics, another excellent part of this CD are the beats. These 12 tracks are quite simply some of the best beats that Tupac ever worked with.
Overall, there is not a single bad song on "Makaveli." The negatives from this CD, Tupac's rage and the Outlawz, should not prevent any lover of rap from experiencing one of Tupac's best CDs. For any serious fan of Tupac this is a must have; along with "Me Against the World" and "All Eyez on Me" it completes the trilogy of Pac's best work and leaves us wondering what the next CD from Pac would have been like.
on December 10, 2002
Format: Audio CD
I have been privileged to be a 2Pac fan for only four years, and it seems not a day goes by where, just when I think I can consider myself a "true fan" of 2Pac, something else is either thrown out or I stumble upon something that tells me that I am nowhere near as "true" of a fan as I was.
After buying this CD, however, I had never felt more strongly about this. Anyone who calls themselves a 2Pac fan cannot be without this album. Before I had heard this, I had considered All Eyez On Me to be one of the best albums that I had ever heard, and yet and still there were several flaws I could point out on that album, namely the overabundance of guest-stars and the sense that 2Pac had changed his style too abruptly from his "Pre-Death-Row" days.
But all those fears are quelled on this album, by far the most flawless and comprehensive album I have had the honor of hearing. Comprehensive, in the sense that 2Pac has thrown elements of everything into this album. With the party banger "Toss It Up," there is a song you can move to, something 2Pac seemed to master on All Eyez On Me. With songs such as "Against All Odds" and "Bomb First," 2Pac's scathing disses are kept alive and well.
However, this album has a lot more of what "All Eyez..." lacked...for one, there are more songs that deal with societal issues, something that Tupac was the master of before All Eyez on Me, where it seemed as if this was thrown into the back burner for the "Gangsta Image" he had to don. "White Man'z World," "Hold Ya Head," and "Krazy" all signal that 2Pac will never put commercial "gangsta" over what made him famous in the first place, his raps about the world's problems.
But the other thing that this album has that cannot be found on any other rap album is the general sense of bizarreness, weirdness, and oddness...not in a bad way at all, but intriguing, by creating the sense of eerieness that is complemented by the fact that this album was his last to be completed during his life, and the first to be released after his death...songs such as "Hail Mary," with its eerie beats (and video!!!), "Blasphemy," with creepy altered Biblical verses, and "Me and My Girlfriend," the now-overly [imitated] rap about his "girlfriend." Also, on the cover 'Pac is posing as Christ on the cover, ironically 2 months after his death...
Only God knows what 2Pac would have produced if his future albums were like this or better. I can honestly say that anything that is released now has to be everything that 2Pac decided to NOT release during his lifetime, the only reason it is being released is so that Suge/Afeni get some $ and we as fans get new 'Pac. But unless he is alive, fans must realize that although this was the last of 2Pac, the 7 day theory is a treasure that gives us 2Pac at the height of his abilities, at his most flawless, something that no compilation of unreleased works will ever be able to match...
on February 21, 2002
Format: Audio CD
I know its a far out claim to call it the greatest album ever, but thats how I feel for a few reasons, any one of which alone would make this an amazing album.
Firstly, the production is the best Ive heard on any album - rap or not. The beats are raw when needed (Life of an Outlaw), and yet can be touching (Hold ya head is a good example, and one of my favourite tracks ever). To qualify the production, it'd be safe to say its better than anything DJ Premier's ever done and Dre has never come close to tracks like Bomb First and Against All Odds.
Asides from the melody of the beats, this album was produced very - read VERY - thoroughly. I didn't know that there was a remastered version out, but now that I do, you can bet Im buying that too, if only for the slightly improved sound quality. Each track fades into the next as if the whole album was done live, with sound effects (like the car starting on against all odds) that make you think you're there with Tupac, just before he was shot.
Lyrically, this is Pac at his best too. He goes all sentimental when the soft strings on Hold Ya Head require it, but also shows his venomous side when the memories of beating shot and slightly-out-of-key piano loops on Bomb First get him vexed. Aside from the stunning beats and lyrics, the 7 Day Theory also offers something unique in a sea of mediocre rap albums: it was made just before Tupac was shot dead in Vegas in September of 1996. It was also released less than two months later amidst conspiracy theories and speculation that he was alive, hiding somewhere. Then the autopsy photos came, and as time passed it became more and more obvious that the greatest of all time wasn't coming back. Five years on from his death, it still hasn't been touched. Trust me. You need this. Now.
on July 15, 2003
Format: Audio CD
The 7 Day Theory is Pac's second best album, behind the untouchable All Eyez On Me. This is my 3rd favorite album of all-time, behind All Eyez On Me & Reasonable Doubt. It is amazing how such a perfect album could be put together in just 7 days.
1. Intro/Bomb First (My Second Reply): This is a diss to all the East Coast rappers Pac had beef with. I think this is one of the best songs on the album.
2. Hail Mary: Everyone has heard 50, Eminem & Busta's version dissin Murder Inc. but Pac's version is better. Everyone wants to be 2Pac and who could blame em? Listen to the song if u haven't heard it yet. This & Me & My Girlfriend made me buy this album before I heard the other songs.
3. Toss It Up: This is another one of my favorites. Two themes in this song. First he talks about sexin this girl and in the last verse he's dissin Dr. Dre for leavin Death Row.
4. To Live & Die In L.A.: Another diss to Dr. Dre. This is one of the best songs on the CD, if not THE best. Kinda laid back track as far as the hook and the verses are typical Pac. He describes life in LA on this track.
5. Blasphemy: Different theme, but I'm feelin it. Makaveli talks about the guidelines of the game and talks about thug life. The theme reminds me of Troublesome 96, with a totally different twist.
6. Life Of An Outlaw: Damn I LOVE this song. Don't get it twisted, I love the Outlaws but this song woulda been better if it was just Makaveli rappin. The beat compliments hisstyle more than the Outlaws. I still love it though.
7. Just Like Daddy: This is the love song that even a guy isn't ashamed to bump. Pac lets Khadafi shine on this, lettin him flow for 2 verses. Pac does the best though on it. Guys, trust me...your girl will love this hahah
8. Krazy: This song's hot too. Makaveli tries explainin how life is crazy for a thug. But it sounds like he's trying to keep his head on straight at the same time. I can't explain it well, just listen to it.
9. White Man'z World: This is a real hot song, even though I'm not black. He respects his black people, especially the ladies. He apologies for callin them names and he's tellin us how hard life is for black people.
10. Me And My Girlfriend: This is one of the most original concepts I've ever heard. It sounds almost like a ghetto love song, but he's really rapping about his gun. If I didn't tell you, would you have known??
11. Hold Ya Head: He's tellin you to do just that...Hold Ya Head. Even when life can become real hard, "you got to hold ya head"
12. Against All Odds: One of the verses will sound familiar to you, if you up on the mixtape scene. 50 Cent uses a verse from here on Hail Mary 2003...I'ma big 50 fan but I wasn't feelin that at all. The last track brings the fire, bombin on the East Coast rappers. I still like Nas, Mobb Deep & Jay-Z though. Even though Makaveli made em look like fools.
on January 6, 2003
Format: Audio CD
The man we know as Tupac Shakur (aka Makavelli) is a genius he created an album so deep, dark, and eerie it makes us Chill every time we listen. Many people belive because of this album Tupac is alive and I belive that as well. Because If you listen closely he gives clues to his downfall. The clues were in such songs as "Bombs First", "Hail Mary", and "Blasphemy". Here is an in depth description of the so called "clues" on the album...
"Bombs First": In the first few seconds of the song a voice quietlty whispers "Suge Shot Me"
"Hail Mary": In the video there is gravestone that says Makaveli cracked with a hole in front of it which means he will be ressurected like Jesus. Also if you Listen you will notice he is speaking in the past tense.
"Blasphemy": If you listen to the biblical quote in the intro you will hear if It doesnt happen in the next seven days it will happen in 7 years, and then you hear Tupac whisper YES.
Other Misc Clues:
In the 1998 Video for the song "Changes" you see Tupac wearing the 98 Air Jordans which obviously if he were dead he wouldnt be wearing.
On the inside cover It says Exit: 2pac Enter" Makavellu
Makavelli who is 2pacs alter ego is acuatlly a 16th century War stragesist named Nicholas Maciovelli who faked his death for seven years to avoid his enemies.
On September 7, 1996 when 2pac was supposdely killed he supposdely died 7 days later.
On September 8th Las Vegas Police received 700 calls that people had seen Tupac in Haiti.
2pac said they he wanted to be buried at a large funeral but all memorial and funeral services were canceled.
2pac was allegeidaly cremated the day after his death but cremation is illegal without an autopsy when a homicide is involved.
YOU WILL SEE 2PAC RETURN ON SEPTEMBER 13, 2003
on April 18, 2006
Format: Audio CD
this is eazily his greatest album. only would have been better if he would have had a couple more tracks. like Hit 'Em Up, Never Had A Friend Like Me, Wanted Dead Or Alive, My Block, & Smile, would have made it better than it was or thugs mansion, lil homies, r u still down.but even though they werent it was still his best, NO DOUBT.

1. Bomb First 10.0/5.0 he killed biggie, an i got love 4 biggie but pac burryed him on this track, an on hit em up, but i like this one more then hit em up.

2. Hail Mary 10.0/5.0 he poured his heart on this track, beat perfect, lyrics even better, ("I ain't a killer but don't push me, Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin pu**y")

3. Toss It Up 4.2 good but not realy temptations, or how do want it, allright.

4. To Live And Die In L.A. 10. this song never gets boring the beats f***in bomb an the lyrics are str8 kooked like krack ("it wouldnt be L.A. without MEXICANS? BLACK LOVE, BROWN PRIDE and the sets again")

5. Blasphemy 5.0 GREAT rhymes on this ("There's ten rules to the game, but I'll share with you two, Know, ni**az gon' hate you 4 whatever you do, Now rule one get your cash on, M.O.B.

That's Money Over Bi****s, cause they breed envy".) They say Moses split the Red Sea, I split the blunt and rolled a fat one, I'm deadly, Babylon beware.

6. Life Of An Outlaw 10./5.0 great beat, great lyrics, great chorus, Noble matched pac on this one,("A yo, Makaveli, give me them bullets that was left up in ur belly. And let me bust back to them ni**as till they old & sweaty")

7. Just Like Daddy 5.0 this 4 tha ladies though.

8. Krazy 10./5.0 people say this is a filler, no fillers in this album espeacialy on this one. the rhymes r laced with purp, this is bad azz's best track ever.

9. White Man'z World 10. if people say pac didnt show enough love 2 woman, then they need 2 hear this one. espeacialy if they black, proud, independant, woman.

10. Me And My Girlfriend 5.0 i think this song would have been hella better if the chick wasnt str8 outa san andreas, f***in G.T.A. Bi**h.

11. Hold Ya Head 10 aside from dear mama this is my 2nd favorite 2pac song, i think this track is the MOST OVERLOOKED 2PAC SONG OF ALLTIME, way better than CHANGES.

12. Against All Odds 5.0 real hard, i feel bad 4 nas,

NOT, that fool got in a situation he should have never been in. same thing 2 jigga, i got love 4 them but i didnt see why they where in the mix, maybe it was just pac & not them, it didnt help moob sleeps pu**y clit, jay smashed on their fairy dresses, HA, gangsta midgets barely livin, dont even have any bank 4 sickle cell, so they signed with 50 cent, the wanna b pac dont EVEN make cents, just talk's on a track, got crossedover so he switched like a trick, 2 assume the position, he didnt wanna end up missin, so he started snitchin.WHAT
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...