4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Mini Mystery
This was a short story that takes place before the newest upcoming D.D.Warren mystery by Lisa Gardner Catch Me.

Published on January 10, 2012 by R. Lane

2.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressed
I understand it's a "Short story", but I finished it in an hour and a half...definitely not wortht the $2. It seemed underdeveloped and just completely underwhelming. I love the DD Warren series, I'd just rather pay $8 and have an entire novel. I think I'll skip short stories from now on.
Published on January 10, 2012 by Amanda B Lampkin

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Mini Mystery, January 10, 2012
R. Lane (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 7th Month: A Detective D. D. Warren Story, featuring an early look at TOUCH & GO (A Penguin Special from Dutton) (Kindle Edition)

D.D. is now seven months pregnant, several months have passed since the last novel Love You More, where D.D. found out she was pregnant by her boyfriend Alex. When we catch up with D.D. she's on desk duty for obvious reasons, and has just been asked by Alex to move in with him. Dead bodies and gruesome crime scenes don't make her bat an eye, but a man that's crazy in love with scares her to death.

While on desk duty, a man comes in looking for a police consultant for a movie that's currently filming. It seems the last consultant has bolted or disappeared. Does D.D. know of anyone? Well boredom makes the decision for her and she heads out for the job.

This was a quick mini mystery that had some nice twists to it but the best part was seeing her and Alex together. I love D.D.'s reaction to Alex when he comes on set to assist her! My heart skipped a beat right along with D.D's. This is a nice segue into the latest story. If you're a fan of the D.D. Warren novels, then I recommend you pick this one up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short mystery w/touches of love and dry humor., January 13, 2012
This is a short murder mystery in which pregnant Sergeant Detective D.D. Warren accepts a position as a consultant on a low budget movie. The movie is being filmed in a cemetery across the street from the murder scene featured in Hide. On top of that disturbing fact and unpleasant reminder, the previous consultant (a retired cop) was found dead. D.D. quickly moves from consultant back to Boston Police Detective. The story takes place in one day.

With her "watermelon-sized belly", D.D. physically struggles to solve the crime throughout the night. She also struggles with her commitment to Alex, to the Boston PD, and to motherhood. There are little touches of true love and dry humor. I loved the ending. It will change the rest of D.D.'s life.

Before each of the 7 chapters are parts of a "murder blog" which contains steps on how to commit murder. Each step contains details on how to select a victim, how to choose a weapon, and goes up to the proper disposal of a body. The steps were eerie and made my flesh creep. This was totally the style of Lisa Gardner.

I consider myself a hard-core Gardner fan since 1997's The Perfect Husband. I have read all five of the D.D. Warren books; therefore, I think it was worth $1.99. If you're not familiar with the books and you're curious, you may want to borrow it from another Kindle user. (I skipped the preview of Catch Me; I'll wait for the full novel.)

2.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressed, January 10, 2012
Amanda B Lampkin (Garland, TX United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little leader book, January 13, 2012
This book is a great little book that I think will tie the last book and the next book together. Had to get the baby in the world some how. Anyway can't wait for the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars good short story, January 12, 2012
D.D. Warren is in her seventh month of pregnancy, and now sits behind the desk at the police station. Away from her usual high-powered job as a homicide detective, D.D. is so bored that she jumps at the chance to pull an all-nighter as a police-expert for a local film. The price is right, and it looks like an easy job, except when D.D. finds out that the previous cop-consultant, was murdered the night before.

D.D. is as usual charm-challenged self, doing her job at a time when she should be putting her feet up, and thinking about the baby and not her job. This short story is an interesting behind-the-scenes look at movie making, which I'm sure that the author, Lisa Gardner is getting her fill of now that her stories are being made into a series. Something I'm really looking forward to watching.

This is a short story, and it's really just a day in the life of D.D. Warren. Sure I miss the depth with which Gardner usually writes with, but this was a nice two hour read. Maybe it wrapped up a little too neatly, but I'm such a fan that I can forgive Gardner anything.

3.0 out of 5 stars Short, January 10, 2012
Sharon "Sharon" (River of no return) - See all my reviews
I was ready to have a great read, and what was there was good, but really short. I read this in just a few hours and it was over. I wondered if indeed I had received the entire book. I evidently did.

2.0 out of 5 stars My Gosh - This is Awful, January 19, 2012
I have enjoyed Lisa Gardner's books in the past. I mean, they're not terribly memorable but are certainly entertaining and enjoyable while I'm reading them; in short, I like them. But man - I can't get in to this one! I have tried and tried, and get about another 2 pages read and then wonder what the he11 is going on and then realize that I don't care what's going on. I mean, I THINK I should like this, but have simply concluded that I don't and I'll be deleting it from my Kindle. I hope this isn't an indication of the way Ms. Gardner's future books will be going.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing and misleading!!, January 21, 2012
Okay - it's an e-Special. The publisher should note that this is not a novel - it's a short story. Not only is it a disappointment in terms of advertising, it's also disappointing to know that the author would allow a publisher to talk her into such a contrived story for the sake of sheer profit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous short story, January 19, 2012
Karin Slaughter (Atlanta, Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
Lisa Gardner is one of my favorite authors, and I think it's great that she's giving us a day in the life of DD Warren. I especially enjoyed the sneak peak of the next book, which has a really twisty, turny, grabby opening. Not sure why folks are complaining about the length when it says plainly that it's a story that happens between books (which is, er, a story and not a full-length book) but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think real fans are going to feel rewarded and, like me, will be eagerly anticipating the next book. We want more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lisa Gardner Rocks! Totally great book!, November 29, 2013
I love pretty much every book that Lisa Gardner has ever written, and this was no exception. This book is amazing!

Rate and Discover Movies