|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
From The 80/20 Principle:
"The 80/20 Principle can and should be used by every intelligent person in their daily life...It can multiply the profitability of corporations and the effectiveness of any organization. It even holds the key to raising the quality and quantity of public services while cutting their cost... The 80/20 Principle asserts that a minority of causes, inputs, or effort usually lead to a majority of the results, outputs, or rewards. Taken literally, for example, 80 percent of what you achieve in your job comes from 20 percent of the time spent. Thus for all practical purposes, four fifths of the effort--a dominant part of it--is largely irrelevant."
To learn how you can tap the hidden potential of the 80/20 principle in your life, read Richard Koch's exciting new book.
From the Hardcover edition.
How anyone can be more effective with less effort by learning how to identify and leverage the 80/20 principle--the well-known, unpublicized secret that 80 percent of all our results in business and in life stem from a mere 20 percent of our efforts.
The 80/20 principle is one of the great secrets of highly effective people and organizations.
Did you know, for example, that 20 percent of customers account for 80 percent of revenues? That 20 percent of our time accounts for 80 percent of the work we accomplish? The 80/20 Principle shows how we can achieve much more with much less effort, time, and resources, simply by identifying and focusing our efforts on the 20 percent that really counts. Although the 80/20 principle has long influenced today's business world, author Richard Koch reveals how the principle works and shows how we can use it in a systematic and practical way to vastly increase our effectiveness, and improve our careers and our companies.
The unspoken corollary to the 80/20 principle is that little of what we spend our time on actually counts. But by concentrating on those things that do, we can unlock the enormous potential of the magic 20 percent, and transform our effectiveness in our jobs, our careers, our businesses, and our lives.
The author does a great job of explaining the concept. The author gives you many examples how to apply the concept. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Debbie
Read the first two chapters and the last. Ironically, the first 20% of the book gives you 80% of the content, the rest is just filler/the other 20%.Published 3 months ago by Tyler
Read this a while ago but the material remains a fixture in my mind. Contemporary spin on classics like "How To Win Friends and Gain Influence". Read morePublished 3 months ago by Kevin S. Martin
The 80/20 rule applies to all things you want in life and it can get you to taking the next step and achieve more with less the effort.Published 5 months ago by Julio Carrasco
This book only needed to be 10 pages. Instead, it's almost 300 pages of fluff and repetition.
It's ironic that this book doesn't abide by its own 80/20 rule. Read more