Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 10, 2010 1:18:46 AM PST
Glenn Beck wants us to go back to the day after 9/11 when we were all united as one.

Did I miss something? I don't remember America being united as one. I actually remember political divisions becoming wider, even if the growing gap was temporarily masked by people talking about how united we were. I think the only thing all Americans agreed on (and I'm stretching the meaning of "all" when I really mean "most") was that it was really bad that we were attacked.

The way he describes the project seems so nice until you really think about it. It's not, "We (the left, the right, the middle, the front, the back, etc.) have so much in common so we should compromise and work together. It's, "You should agree with us; that way, we'll have so much in common and can work together."

And what does invoking God have to do with anything?

It seems like you can be a supporter of a narrow political ideology or you can be a supporter of unity. To pretend to be both is disingenuous.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Feb 10, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 10, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Arguing with Idiots: How to Stop Small Minds and Big Government
Arguing with Idiots: How to Stop Small Minds and Big Government by Glenn Beck (Audio CD - September 22, 2009)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (653)