5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for an excellent show
Published on March 12, 2006 by Metch

3.0 out of 5 stars A serious decline in quality
By Season Four, the people behind The A-Team just put less and less effort into the story and opted for the same old, same old formulaic nonsense with fake car chases, phony crashes, obvious stunt doubles and poorly integrated stock footage.

Published on September 6, 2008 by Inspector Gadget

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for an excellent show, March 12, 2006
This review is from: The A-Team - Season Four (DVD)
When it first came out on TV on January 23rd, 1983, THE-A-TEAM ranked 10th on the Nielsen rating (The Percent of all TV-equipped homes tuned to the program on an average night, as measured by Nielsen Media Research). The Second season rated even higher ranking 4th out the best 30 TV shows, The 3rd season rated 6th and the fourth season rated 30th. To me that is a very good and respectable record. In fact, THE-A-TEAM is number 98 on the Top 100 Series of all Time until the 2002- 2003 season.

The Fourth Season consist of 22 episodes and they are as follows:

19- Mission Of Peace - Aired 11 March 1986
20- The Trouble With Harry - Aired 25 March 1986
21- The Little Town With An Accent-Aired 6 May 1986
22- The Sound Of Thunder - Aired 13 May 1986

I hope Season Five will be coming out soon, Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love It When a Plan Comes Together!, February 20, 2007
This review is from: The A-Team - Season Four (DVD)
We love the A-Team! We enjoy the chemistry and the idiocyncracies of the characters, the silly plots, car chases and explosions. Just good old family fun. These are dvd's that the whole family can watch, no blood, and really not much violence, nobody gets killed, the good guys win in the end, and it's great entertainment!

5.0 out of 5 stars A-TEAM: Cool series from a Blind-Buy fan, April 4, 2006
This review is from: The A-Team - Season Four (DVD)
Hello, all of you "A-Team"'ers out there :) I bought this set when Season 1 was released as a "blind-buy" purchase, having never seen this series when it aired in the 80's or in syndication (I know...hard to believe...:) ) I bought the set in memory of my Dad who watched this show after he was retired from his job. I remember laughing at Dad when he told me he never missed this show. Now, the laugh's on me :) I love this series! Amazing...plus I've had the cool experience of watching these eps for the 1st time on DVD. Currently, I'm viewing Season 3. Season 4's in the mail. I've heard some forum talk that Season 5 wasn't up to speed compared to the previous 4 seasons. So, I'm not certain I'll gamble on Season 5 yet. I haven't noticed any difference between S1 thru S3; I've loved every episode of the ones I've seen up to this point. Be that as it may, "The A-Team Rocks" :) (Hard to believe a "Baby Boomer" said that, right?) :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Show, July 29, 2011
This review is from: The A-Team - Season Four (DVD)
season four of the a-team is awesome. this show is awesome. i can't really say anymore than this show is awesome.
the best episodes in season four are

episodes

19. beneath the surface
20. mission of peace
21. the trouble with harry
23. the sound of thunder

if you have not seen this season then i recommend you do

5.0 out of 5 stars FOR DAD, March 17, 2014
This review is from: The A-Team - Season Four (DVD)
I like the old shows like this, but it was really a present for my dad who is disabled and retired really early keeps him busy and out of my and my mom's hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great season of the A-Team, May 23, 2009
L. Capuano (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The A-Team - Season Four (DVD)
I have just purchased The A-Team season 4 and again it was another great season. I did not have any problems with any of the discs or any of the episodes at all. In fact I enjoyed all the episodes. I thought the bonus episode from season five was really good. The theme music and the opening credits of season five is really good, a very good change. I don't understand why they put that episode on season 4 as a bonus episode when people who have already bought seasons 1-4 are going to buy season 5, so why put that episode when they will have it again on season five? However I did enjoy watching it none the less so no complaints from me. I'm 21 years old and grew up watching the re-runs of the show and I have loved the show ever since. I haven't seen much of season 5 so I really don't know what to expect from that season. Some say that the ratings went down in season 5 and that season 5 was the reason it was cancelled, so like I said, I don't know what to expect on that season. I have ordered that season today and it should be here by next week, so I will find out then how season 5 is. I do know from watching this season, that The A-Team seasons 1-4 are great! I enjoy all the characters, especially Face and Murdock. Hannibal is also one of my favorite characters and B.A, to quote what Hannibal says to Amy Allen in the first season "He grows on you" I wasn't all that fasinated with B.A at first, but I've gotten to like him a bit now that I've watched the show for so many years now. I even came to like Lynch and Decker over the years. To see them say that "We caught the A-Team" and then they get away again, the looks on thier faces are just unforgettable. This season and show are great and would be for any A-Team fan to own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Campy, but great fun, January 15, 2007
Seymore Movies "movie fan" (Arlington, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The A-Team - Season Four (DVD)
You have to be a fan. This has the same fun as the first three seasons. There are wonderful antics and some great bantering between the four main characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars The A-team comment, January 4, 2007
Nico Olievier (BRUSSELS, BE Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The A-Team - Season Four (DVD)
This is a really good product for people who like to rewatch one of the best television shows ever made in the 80's

3.0 out of 5 stars A serious decline in quality, September 6, 2008
This review is from: The A-Team - Season Four (DVD)

Only about half of the episodes are worth watching, while the rest are so mundane to the point of being down right awful. The 'Uncle Buckle-Up' episode in particular is just horrendous and the infamous 'Cowboy George' (my eyes, MY EYES!!!) really is as bad as you've heard. I haven't seen it for years (I skipped right over it on this box set) but I remember wishing that the ground would just open up and swallow me, it was that bad. At one point you can even see Dirk Benedict barely containing his embarrassment.

The best episodes are not necessarily the ones with the best action and stories. When the show makes the most of out the four characters (usually with an amusing running joke with Murdoch) it can be highly watchable. A young Hulk Hogan even joins in for a couple of episodes.

The over-zealous Decker is replaced by equally incompetent General Fullbright in this season but he ends up being killed-off in the last episode (further proof that people DID die in this show), which is actually a complete rip-off of Rambo - First Blood Part II [Blu-ray], to the point of even hiring the same actors for the same kind of roles.

Thankfully, things really picked up for Season 5, though I can still only reccomend this to hardcore A-Team completists.

The DVD presents the show in absolutely shocking quality. Shot on 35mm film there are a couple of shots that are surprisingly crisp and colorful but I'm afraid that the rest of it is grainy, washed-out and as dull as dish water. The thin Mono soundtracks fail to impress also, and there are no worthy extra features.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice season Dvds have problems, May 19, 2006
David FERNANDEZ SABIO (Torrejón de Ardoz, Madrid Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The A-Team - Season Four (DVD)
Again Universal Studios has done it.Some episodes hasn't got preview some has sound effects missing and the menu episode summary has been ripped off as well the episode chapters.The season starts with a 2 hour premiere called Judgment Day.The rest of episodes are fun to watch and include some guest stars such Boy George,Hulk Hogan and others.The episode formula is always the same:the bad guys threatens the nice and innocent people,the A-Team is called and hired,then they move on the goons and finally their boss is beaten after the team is locked up in some warehouse with plently of tools and acetilene torch to make a Mcgyver style a weapon or defense.Of course noone is hurt and all the bullets never hit anyone.The show success is based on the chemistry between the characters and how they interact.Until fall the Fith and last season won't be released and I hope that a nice docummentary on the phenonmenon can be included.

Rate and Discover Movies