Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 3, 2012
I do like something about the feel of this song that has me re-playing it over and over. No its not a happy song and It does hit pretty deep for me, as I have had friends that have succumb to drug abuse and are no longer with us.

Overall I like the way this was recorded it sounds very natural like you are siting in a coffee house listening to the artist play his guitar while singing in front of you I really like the coffee house vibe the song creates.

This reviewer is about sound. If you have seen some of my other reviews you will note I try and base my music reviews on sound quality not just my feelings about the song, as most concentrate on that only. For me if the sound quality is not top notch then the song for me is a mute point and can't be enjoyed at all.

The overall sound quality is quite good only very slight clipping distortion toward the middle of the song noticeable on good monitors and a well trained ear, not to the average listener. Nice crisp well recorded transparent vocals, good tone to the main guitar, miked so that you hear the natural tones from the body of the guitar as he strums it. Nice clean mastering for the most part providing excellent presence. Can't say that for all MP3's I have purchased, but this one is a definite must purchase in my opin.

One last note I purchased an Altec Lansing Orbit IMT228 portable speaker and this song sounds rather impressive even on that tiny speaker, suggesting that much care was taken when this song was recorded. This means that on just about any system this will sound great from pro monitors to an Ipod or other portable device.
on January 31, 2013
My daughter turned me onto this song. I can totally relate to some of the words in this song but not because of personal experience, because of some people close to me having those very experiences in front of me. Great song & great buy!
on December 25, 2012
bought on mp3 uploads-
kept hearing on Top 40 and so looked at some of his songs.
VERY good.
lyrics tell a story- but chorus can relate to us all...

"The A Team"

And in a pipe she flies to the Motherland
Or sells love to another man
Angels to fly

Ripped gloves, raincoat
Tried to swim and stay afloat
Dry house, wet clothes

Or sells love to another man
An angel will die
Covered in white
Closed eye
And hoping for a better life
This time, we'll fade out tonight
Straight down the line

They scream
The worst things in life come free to us
And we're all under the upper hand
Go mad for a couple of grams
And we don't want to go outside tonight
And in a pipe we fly to the Motherland
Or sell love to another man
Angels to fly
Fly, fly
To fly, to fly
Or angels to die
on August 29, 2014
Such an awesome song. The lyrics and the music are interesting to me in that at first listen, the music sounds sort of carefree and happy and then you listen to the lyrics and they are so heavy but very clever wording. I get that feeling of angst but in a good way because there still seems to be some hope here. Just love the music, lyrics and his incredible voice!
on February 27, 2015
Really love the cadence of this song. Really wish it wasn't about a druggy who has sex for drugs.... Not suitable to be listening to with an 8 year old in the car unless you want to have an awkward talk...
on March 2, 2014
I bought this song so I could learn to play it. The song is great, Ed Sheeran is a fantastic songwriter. I think the chorus is a little messy though in terms of the guitar accompaniment. But it is what it is and it's great.
on September 7, 2012
I first heard this song on one of the Sirius XM channels and at first it didn't really interest me. After listening to the lyrics, I must say this is a thought provoking social statement in the vein of some of the older edgy artists (think Bob Dylan). Very folksy sound but awesome interpretation of the many "angels" who every day fly to the motherland in a pipe on the streets of every town USA. Amazing song. Amazing sound. Love it.
on March 14, 2013
I kept hearing parts of this song on the radio and finally Googled some of the words, found it and immediately bought it. I love this song, an interesting mix of sort of upbeat music and very sad lyrics at the same time. Well done, Ed Sheeran, keep up the beautiful work, looking forward to more!
on March 16, 2013
Great singer, poet, song writer. The tone of this song definitely speaks to his compassion for others. This grammy nominee is my favorite and his songs appeal to all ages. We'll be hearing more from him for years.
on November 25, 2012
I love the meaning of the song, and the fact that it still has a cheerful sound. I also love the way Ed Sheeran uses "A Team" to reference class A drug users. Pretty creative and more subtle than referring to someone as a heroin addict or meth addict, etc.