Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on August 8, 2014
Very insightful and helpful in addressing ways to increase your creative productivity in life. He provides many great, concrete tools you can use to apply his advice. I find that the number of tools was a bit overwhelming, but I plan to apply those that I think will be most helpful for me, and maybe add more in later. Overall, it was a great book, and I have been much more reflective about how I spend my time since starting reading it. It doesn't take long to read (1 week for me), so it is a quick commitment to get lots of good information and food for thought.
on August 6, 2012
This is the perfect tool to have in your back pocket. It turns ordinary thinking into creative thinking that is sure to impress any manager. After reading this book, I became more business savvy and was able to turn our team into a more productive and cohesive team. A must read if you are looking to move up in any job.
on June 22, 2015
Todd's questions that arise throughout the book, if taken seriously, will guide you through a process that should help you be very clear of exactly who you are and what your passions are. Live your passions! Die satisfied.
on August 9, 2011
Todd Henry has done a terrific job of identifying the physics of creativity. Instead of calling it an accident, I prefer to say that this book and his podcast help readers understand how to consistently perform creative activities. This books illustrate how to do this not on accident, but with purpose.

Another great phrase and message of Todd Henry - should actually apply to all of us and whatever capacity we work - but the focus of being Brilliant, Prolific and Healthy - is a mantra that our education institutions should also seek to convey.
on November 30, 2013
This book offers suggestions for rituals and rhythms to reshape your days so that you know the creative work you want to do, have the energy to do it and can approach your work with more enthusiasm and focus. It's meant to be a complete system that you adopt in whole, but even parts of it can be useful for people who feel like they can never get ahead of their to do list or who are feeling creative burnout.
on November 19, 2012
What i like the most is the fact that we can recognize ourselves and there are great solutions for creatives to help be more efficient. "Artists" are often not well organized, Henry knows that and knows how to suggest simple solutions. All you need to do is to apply them, really apply them.
on February 27, 2014
I read The Accidental Creative more than five years ago and I am still using the principles Todd Henry laid out in the book. Todd has a way of connecting with the life of creatives, and the struggles, fears, and distractions we face. This book gave me the structure I needed to accomplish more; and at the same time, the freedom to be the creative person I am. I incorporated his weekly (and monthly and quarterly) checkpoints to be more intentional about how I use my time, energy, and resources. This is a great book, and I highly recommend it.
on December 26, 2013
More than just artistic talent, creativity (like laziness) leads to innovation and is a necessary skill for entrepreneurs.

The first part of this book is a bit dry. The second part sets about defining a framework for creative people to work within, and contains a lot of useful information, even if it's not all new.

Todd Henry seems to be very driven and highly focused on his work. Way more so than I am. But I did pick up a few ideas that I think I can apply to my life. The concept of the "personal board of directors" was a good takeaway.

I wrote more here: [...]
on July 7, 2011
This book is a must-read for two groups of people: Those who create (write, design, film, craft, etc.) and those who lead teams of people who do creative work. Todd Henry has synthesized the material from his highly popular podcast "The Accidental Creative" and his experience coaching organizations into a powerhouse of a book. We are all striving to produce more while wondering where the "more" is supposed to come from. This book walks you through some revolutionary practices, that if implemented have the potential to move you to creative freedom. For example, Todd takes a holistic approach when he recommends we do "whole life planning" not just planning for specific, independent projects. What we do in our personal time affects our work, and vice versa. I have personally found it most helpful to implement Todd's quarterly checkpoints as a way to manage my family. The result is less time spent depleted and more time filled and ready to create. There are many takeaways just like that throughout the book. It's an inspiring read and provided me with a jump-start to my creative life.
on August 5, 2011
From Chapter 8 "If you want to thrive you must dedicate yourself to doing the little things that few people are willing to do."

Rarely is a book simultaneously inspirational and practical - The Accidental Creative is both in the brilliantly well written book. If you create value with your mind - intellect or imagination - you are a "creative". Todd Henry treats creativity not as a mystical force that strikes unpredictably but as a resource that is available to all if we are willing to adopt practices that support it. Effectiveness trumps efficiency - in a hyper competitive world she who has the best ideas/solutions wins.

I am a Human Resources leader, glass artist and creativity coach and passionately recommend this book whether you are a "left brain" corporate professional or a "right brain" visual creative or a hybrid like me. Read it, put the practices into place and see what happens.