5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a book, a how to manual!
Published on April 27, 2011 by JeffS

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick Read. Helpful Tips
Good tips for someone moving into a sales leader role. There were a few chapters that felt a bit self-serving. (hey it is a sales book so why not try to sell me something, right?) I skipped over those parts and picked up a few new titles to read.
Published 22 days ago by Florida Freckles

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a book, a how to manual!, April 27, 2011
JeffS (Oshkosh, WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Accidental Sales Manager: How to Take Control and Lead Your Sales Team to Record Profits (Hardcover)
I have read lots of management books, all with great ideas and philosophies. Concepts that challenge you and make you think, but the Accidental Sales Manager By Chris Lytle is not just a book, it's a how to guide to being a better manager! I've been a manager for over 20 years, and it's amazing how in that time you forget or don't think about such obvious things you can do to enhance your team. Not to mention the amount of change that happens constantly in product delivery, sales technique, technology, etc.

This book gave me things to do right away! I started reading over the weekend, and on Monday morning, having read only a couple chapters, I was able to immediately put in to place techniques that brought my sellers to life, made us have one of the best sales meetings we've had in a long time, by using a simple question I found in the first pages of the book. Why didn't I think of that?

Chris's writing style is such that you feel like he has his arm around you and feels your pain. He's never condescending, or preachy, quite the contrary. His style is motivational, makes you feel safe and comfortable trying new things, and his logic just turns on the light bulbs in your brain. It the price you pay for this book on Amazon, under $20 bucks are you kidding?

If you're in management, you need to read this book no matter how new you are to management or how long you've been doing it. There are lessons to be learned and techniques to put into practice immediately on the very first pages!

Thanks Chris Lytle! It was no "accident" that I needed this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% useful and practical!, August 1, 2011
If you are a Sales Manager and want to become better at being a leader - buy this book! Chris Lytle has been in the sales training field for years, and I can tell you this is the best book on sales management I have ever had the pleasure of reading. It's a working copy of becoming the Sales Manager you want to be. After being in the radio industry for 31 years, someone has finally written a book I wish I would've read a decade ago. I will be asking my Sales Managers to buy this book and we will be reviewing it in an effort to discuss and implement. Great Job Chris! You should be tweeting about The Accidental Sales Manager!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Accidental Sales Manager, September 25, 2011
Chris Lytle has outdone himself again.

I first learned about his work and sales leadership philosophy with his first book "The Accidental Salesperson" in 2000.

The range of topics covered is very comprehensive for rookies and veterans alike.

His work is refreshing, and most importantly effective in gaining results and teaching new and experienced sales representatives new approaches to advancing suspects to prospects and ultimately to highly qualified prospects. His new book does not disappoint, and is delivered with highly practical and actionable strategies and tactics will develop a new Sales Manager, and strengthen the results of any seasoned veteran of sales leadership and management. Thanks Chris for continuing to share your perspectives, experience and insights with the rest of us.

Miguel A. de Jesus
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes total sense, eliminates guesswork, May 10, 2011
I've spent 40 years in radio and had the good fortune to have learned from two great sales trainers/coaches. One of the two is Chris Lytle. His new book for sales managers made me almost want to end my retirement and take some eager young salespeople and train and coach them with the lessons Chris teaches in THE ACCIDENTAL SALES MANAGER. I read this book in 3 days. If you want a process of management that makes total sense, one that eliminates the guesswork of how to do it, you've found it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of practical advice, October 18, 2013
P. Hurd (MA United States) - See all my reviews
I've owned my own business for many years, which involves managing a team of about 10 broker type salespeople (head hunters actually). Recently, I decided that I should read up on sales management because I wanted other peoples perspective on what to do. This was the first book I picked up, and I was impressed with it. I highlighted quite a few passages and noted down a lot of specific things I can try in my business.

For example, the author offers some specific questions to ask interviewees that you're considering hiring. I appreciated that level of detail.

(Just for comparison, the second book I bought was much more general, and I found myself wishing it was more like this one.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good info and great ideas, September 19, 2013
Still reaading but so far it gives me some added tools to help manage my sales team. I like the way it lays out tips and suggested ways to implement sales tracking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Sales Manager should Read it, August 23, 2013
Most of companies does not have an effective training for new Sales Managers. This book can help you save time in your new role, giving you easy tools to use with your team for a better performance. In each page you already imagine How you can implement in your daily and busy life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick Read. Helpful Tips, June 18, 2014
Florida Freckles (Ft Lauderdale, FL United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Realy usefull reading., May 24, 2014
This book is helping me to improve our sales team. I'm going to read this book at least once more even I made several notes. I think there will be more facts which I can use in futur. Thanks for geat source of information and experiences.

Best regards,

Marek

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, April 10, 2014
Re-established many of the aspects of being a sales manager and reinforced many of the practices developed naturally. It also uncovered some missed opportunity and the reasons it was not realized. The book addressed a variety of real life situations that all sales managers experience at least once at some point in their career. The author has experienced what he writes about directly so he has a thorough understanding. The book is written in a language and style that is easy understood as it very common to sales operations. It is worth reading at least once a year and therefore should be in every sales manager's personal library. Each time it is read a little more perspective and a little more appreciation for the job and it's intricacies are gained. I strongly recommend this book to anyone in sales management and especially those just starting out.

$24.95 $17.72