From the Back Cover
The First How-To Handbook Devoted to All Acoustic Guitars!
Whether you have a Martin, Gibson, Fender, Taylor, or any other make of acoustic guitar, here are the expert tricks and tips of the pro techs that you need to make your guitar play like a dream:
- Setup essentials: intonation, bridge and neck adjustment and alignment
- Easy repairs: fret fixes, string and pickup height fine-tuning
- Do-it-yourself maintenance: troubleshooting, cleaning, paint and lacquer repairs
- Backstage gig repairs: hard-learned advice from the pros
- Hot-rod mods: adding pickups—and much, much more!
Packed with 600+ color photographs, this hands-on guidebook also gives you essential expert advice on choosing which guitar to buy and valuable tips on assessing your purchase.
Musician and guitar tech Paul Balmer boasts five decades of hard-earned expertise to share.
About the Author
Paul Balmer is the author of The Fender Stratocaster Handbook, The Gibson Les Paul Handbook, and The Fender Telecaster Handbook. He’s a veteran guitarist, musician, and documentary film producer. He lives in the United Kingdom.