Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on June 3, 2014
The art is amazing! My son is thrilled it is in comic book form. Simply written, beautifully illustrated hardback book. I also purchased the devotional book that goes along with it. It is a 52 week devotional and our plan is to finish the Bible in one year. I have only read the first couple of 'chapters', but what I have read, I like. This book is definitely worth ordering.
on January 1, 2014
Got one for each of my 3 sons on Christmas. We all read stories together and they got into it because it was in comic book format. saw my niece pick up the book later in the day and she was glued to it as well. great book. i am gonna get one for all the kids I know and one for me also!!!
on September 14, 2015
I bought this for my 5 years old son as a transisition from childrens bible to the actual bible. But looks like it is to early for my son to enjoy this bible. We still read it to him in hope by next year he will be ready to read it himself and by 7 he is ready for the real bible.
on August 15, 2014
Not sure about the text. However, my biggest issue about this bible for my young nephew is the fact that not one drawing is of a black person in which he can relate. If one studies the bible with history carefully, it is obvious that not everyone in the bible were Caucasian. Egyptians in ancient time and today are primarily black African and yet, we still get pictures and drawings of Caucasians, with long brunnet or blond hair. It would be better if there were pictures my son, nephew and other friends could truly appreciate identify or connect to as themselves. I find it sad that when most individuals think of biblical times, geography, ancient drawings and etc.. they automatically think white and there is no truth in that. I know many will not agree or understand what I am saying because society has brainwashed many when it comes to their version of biblical depictions, Cesar Borgia's picture as Yeshua/Jesus Christ, white Egyptians, Pharaohs and etc. The one place I want for there to be truth for my child and fellow man is the Bible. I thought the drawings would be a fun way to help him live the biblical stories and expand his imagination, but I was wrong.
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2016
Best action bible ever made! If you have trouble committing yourself to read the bible, this is your way in. The way that the artist portrays the passages through images is breathe taking. This bible will draw you in more and more, page after page. It's so good, you will want more.
on March 13, 2014
Have given this book to many young men. When they aren't yet ready to read a "normal" bible, this book is fabulous.
Gets them into the word and wanting to learn more. Highly recommend it!
on September 2, 2012
Excellent Bible. My 9 year olds find it super interesting to look at the beautifully done comic-book type pictures. Much more interesting than the typical kids bible. The pictures cite the location of the verses from which the story is taken. All of the basic, well-known Bible stories are there. It helps a child understand the Bible better and to find reading the Bible exciting instead of a task. The love looking at the pictures and reading the text. I have also given this as a gift to another 9 year old. His parents were very impressed and he loves it as well. I intend to get all of the others drawn by the same artist and from the same series. Awesome job.
on November 25, 2013
Kids love it which is a pretty positive review! It is slightly dramatized - it seems almost every picture, the cartoon faces/bodies are caricatured to show 1 emotion very strongly. Frustration, joy, anger, confusion, despair - they are all shown very vividly... to the point of excess. If you don't mind that, or can help very young kids understand it, this is a great book.
on June 5, 2013
I bought this Action Bible in the printed format shortly after it first came out. I have three grandsons and they have Bible reading time in the evenings. At that time I found a Bible for each of them that was age appropriate. Once I saw that this Action Bible was available for download I quickly downloaded a sample and was so pleased with it I bought the Kindle format. Since they are with me a lot of the time and they like to "get" on my Kindle Fire, I thought it would be great to have their Bible's to read anytime, anywhere. The graphics are fantastic and help the Word leap off the pages right into their little minds.
on November 24, 2013
WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, JUST WONDERFUL!! GET'S RIGHT TO THE POINT FROM THE BIBLE. NOTHING TAKES THE PLACE OF THE BIBLE, THIS HELPS YOU UNDERSTAND THE STORY AND WHAT THE BIBLE IS SAYING. THE COLOR IS GREAT, THE PAGES ARE SMOOTH TO THE TOUCH, NICE HEAVY MATERIAL. EVERYTHING IS IN LIVING COLOR.