From the Author
As the Senior Author and Series Editor, I am pleased to announce that the new editions of our Treatment Planners have been released. We have been working on them as a team of authors for over two years. I am indebted to my coauthors who have deep expertise in the clinical field addressed in each Treatment Planner. Dr. Tim Bruce, especially, has brought his wide knowledge base in Evidence-based Practice to bear on several of our Planners. Each Planner has, of course, been updated with the new DSM-5/ICD-10 codes, but beyond that there are several other improvements in the latest books. I believe you will find this expanded and revised edition is a significant step forward in being a resource for finding a menu of succinctly written statements describing Interventions to help you help your client recover. Allow me to list the new material you will find in our latest attempt to help you write clinically sound and complete treatment plans:
1) The latest research-supported, evidence-based Interventions
2) Updated and expanded bibliotherapy references as well as research related references for each chapter topic
3) A new Appendix which provides written Objectives and Interventions that capture the essential theme of the ten Core Principles of the SAMSHA-endorsed Recovery Model
4) A new Suggested Diagnosis section in each chapter that provides a helpful transition from DSM-IV/ICD-9 to the newly listed DSM-5/ICD-10 diagnostic codes and labels
5) A more complete integration of suggested Homework Exercises in each chapter to support Interventions
6) A set of Objectives and Interventions added to each chapter to assist in assessing specifiers relevant to DSM-5 diagnosis
Arthur E. Jongsma, Jr. PhD
--This text refers to an alternate
From the Back Cover
The Adolescent Psychotherapy Treatment Planner, Fourth Edition
provides all the elements necessary to quickly and easily develop formal treatment plans that satisfy the demands of HMOs, managed care companies, third-party payors, and state and federal agencies.
- New edition features empirically supported, evidence-based treatment interventions
- Organized around 35 main presenting problems, from eating disorders and low self-esteem to suicidal ideation, sexual acting out, and chemical dependence
- Over 1,000 prewritten treatment goals, objectives, and interventions—plus space to record your own treatment plan options
- Easy-to-use reference format helps locate treatment plan components by behavioral problem
- Designed to correspond with the newest editions of The Adolescent Psychotherapy Progress Notes Planner and Adolescent Psychotherapy Homework Planner
- Includes a sample treatment plan that conforms to the requirements of most third-party payors and accrediting agencies (including CARF, JCAHO, and NCQA)
Additional resources in the PracticePlanners® series:
Progress Notes Planners contain complete, prewritten progress notes for each presenting problem in the companion Treatment Planners.
Homework Planners feature behaviorally based, ready-to-use assignments to speed treatment and keep clients engaged between sessions.
For more information on our PracticePlanners® products, including our full line of Treatment Planners, visit us on the Web at: www.wiley.com/practiceplanners