The Adventures Of Robin Hood 1 Season 1957
Amazon Instant Video
1. The Coming Of Robin Hood Robin comes back to England after fighting in the Holy Wars only to find that the evil Sir Roger DeLisle has stolen his family's castle and land.
2. The Borrowed Baby The Sheriff of Nottingham tries to extort money from local merchants by having his own gang of outlaws stage robberies that look like the work of Robin Hood and his men.
3. The Final Tax Sir William threatens his tenant farmers with additional taxes and threatens to throw them off his land if they don't pay up.
4. The Ambush A young prince, who is the rightful heir to the throne of England, has fallen into the clutches of his uncle, the evil Prince John.
5. The Little People Robin, Marian and Friar Tuck are taking a trip through Ireland, and one night they stay at the house of a family of superstitious farmers.
6. The Goldmakers Return Lepidus, the somewhat hapless alchemist, announces that he has found a way to turn lead into gold.
7. Flight From France While on a secret mission in France, Robin and Friar Tuck begin to suspect that a local wine merchant is actually an agent of Robin's enemy.
8. An Apple For An Archer A young man stands to lose his true love's heart to a French suitor unless he can beat the foreigner in an archery contest.
12. Secret Pool After observing Cedric's men arresting a poor serf for poaching, Marian visits the eccentric lord to beg for the man's release while Robin tries a different approach.
13. The Adventures of Robin Hood - Volume 4 - Fair Play Disguised as a troupe of Bavarian acrobats three members of Robin's loyal band head for the annual fair at Nottingham.
15. The Black Five Robin and his arch-enemy, the Sheriff of Nottingham, set aside their differences temporarily to work together.
16. One Man's Meat Friar Tuck and Robin can't wait for their usually sumptuous dinner at the farmhouse of Master Edmund Woodstock.
17. Will Scarlet While Robin and Little John are dining at the Blue Boar Inn, they meet a somewhat foppish young man, Will Scarlet.
20. Tables Turned When Derwent overhears some messengers talk about the "jewels" they're guarding, he devises a plan to steal the shipment.
22. My Brother's Keeper In a fit of jealousy, an evil brother murders his virtuous sibling.
25. Errand of Mercy A clumsy, hapless knight enters Sherwood Forest and demands the aid of Robin Hood.
26. Secret Mission A visiting pilgrim informs Robin Hood that the Sheriff is collecting a list of allies against King Richard.
27. Ransom A baron's son is being held for ransom after committing a crime in a neighboring kingdom.
29. The Path of True Love While visiting the countryside around his family's old manor, Robin discovers that Sir Charles plans to break the agreement made with Robin's father and deny the tenant farmers their security.
32. The Adventures of Robin Hood - Volume 8 - The May Queen When the brilliant swordsman, Count de Clifford, makes false accusations about Walter Dunnington's deceased father, honor demands a duel.
|Genres||Adventure, Action, Kids & Family|
|Starring||Richard Greene, Alexander Gauge|
|Supporting actors||Dorothy Bromiley, Archie Duncan, William Greene, William Mervyn, Richard Pasco, Graham Crowden, Sidney Vivian, Victor Woolf, Martin Lane, Paul Eddington, Shaun O'Riordan|
|Network||Alpha Home Entertainment|
|Executive Producer||Sidney Cole|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
#1 The end credits of the episodes do not always match the actual episode, this is the weakness of this version.
When I bought this Richard Greene series for five bucks at Wal-Mart, I figured it would be fun, not knowing that I would be both surprised and amazed at the quality of the acting, the writing, and the way it was filmed.
For a mere $5.49, you get all 39 episodes of the first season of a well produced adventure series from 1950s Great Britain.
Produced in the 1950's, this series had an almost lighthearted verve to it, above and beyond the excellent acting and production values. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Hollywood Child
Simple plots & rather amusing to see again. As an 8-9 year old I saw this on TV back when it was first broadcast in England in the early 1960's. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Peter Burgess
We rented this because we've love to watch our FREE versions of this show on NETFLIX. We thought the Amazon version would be in color since the product picture is in color. Read morePublished on June 28, 2012 by bridget brett
This series is probably the first introduction many Baby Boomers had to the Robin Hood legend, and having been filmed in England (though often, lamentably, with sound-stage... Read morePublished on September 14, 2010 by Chrijeff
The quality of the dvd's varies. I found the shows on the second disc to have a much clearer picture but that doesn't take away from the fun of watching it. Read morePublished on September 12, 2009 by Lotte
While it is fun to see the old series again, I was disappointed by the poor picture quality and would suggest the manufacturer either spend a little more to restore the quality or... Read morePublished on April 30, 2009 by Dave
watching the adventures of robin hood,brings back memories of my childhood
every night about 4.00pm monday to friday the adventures of robin hood was on tv. Read more
My wife and I both used to watch Robin Hood when we were children. These videos take us back to the "good old days". They provide good clean entertainment.Published on April 23, 2009 by E. Shelton
I've watched quite a lot of 1950s TV on DVDs in recent years, but when it comes to picture and sound quality, this is by far the worst I've seen. Read morePublished on February 14, 2009 by Christopher Bird