Customer Discussions > The African Queen [VHS] forum

The African Queen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2009 6:24:52 PM PST
is this preorder DVD for region 1?

Posted on Nov 8, 2009 4:28:42 PM PST
I'm wondering the same thing...is this movie, not counting low-quality imports and bootlegs, FINALLY for sale on an authorized DVD release? Amazon lists the studio as Paramount, so I'm hoping. I'm going to search and post here what I find.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2009 6:29:43 PM PST
please do and let all know ok?

Posted on Nov 14, 2009 7:47:35 AM PST
Would also like to know. I have a cheap import, so I don't need another... Is strange that Amazon does not list much info. I too will wait....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2010 6:05:05 PM PST
OUR WAIT ENDS IN MARCH!!!!!...http://www.classicflix.com/official-african-queen-march-a-644.html?osCsid=13b2a546375652e205fb3e88f615d621

Posted on Jan 12, 2010 2:00:57 AM PST
yes, out 23 march as follows:
DVD: Full screen format with English, French and Spanish Mono and English, French and Spanish subtitles.
Blu-ray Disc: - 1080p High Definition with English, French and Spanish Mono and English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.

Special features are as follows:
■Embracing Chaos: Making The African Queen-This comprehensive documentary takes a look back at the production with commentary about the cast, the challenges of the filming locations and how the spectacular cinematography impacted the industry overall. Includes on-camera interviews with notable Hollywood icons, critics and crew members from the film including Martin Scorsese, Tony Huston, Richard Schickel and more, plus never-before-seen archival images and home movie footage provided by the estate of cinematographer Jack Cardiff.

The Commemorative, Limited-Edition DVD and Blu-ray box sets include the above along with:
■An audio disc with a recording of the Lux Radio Theater presents The African Queen radio broadcast
■A Senitype® film frame collectible reproduction
■Collectible postcards featuring reproductions of images related to the film
■A reproduction of Katharine Hepburn's out-of-print memoir The Making of The African Queen or How I Went to Africa with Bogart, Bacall and Huston and Almost Lost My Mind

Posted on Jan 13, 2010 5:20:45 PM PST
But today's list price is not one of the 4 announced by Paramount. $25.99 matches neither edition of DVD or BD. Is this the Commemorative edition or the Standard? Come ON Amazon, get it right. You messed up on first few days with Alice in Wonderland and on Have Gun Will Travel season 4. But this time I won't profit from your error.

Posted on Jan 24, 2010 2:31:25 PM PST
It has to be region 1, Amazon US does NOT sell other regions. US Marketplace Sellers MIGHT, but Amazon US "THEMSELVES" do not.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 24, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The African Queen [VHS]
The African Queen [VHS] by Humphrey Bogart (VHS Tape - 1999)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (817)