1,252 Reviews

Published 16 months ago by NY Believer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly the blissful read I expected
Published 17 months ago by little rooster

5.0 out of 5 stars A medium says yes, this book is true, May 10, 2013
This review is from: The Afterlife of Billy Fingers: How My Bad-Boy Brother Proved to Me There's Life After Death (Paperback)
First of all, I am a medium so I have an inside track on communication with those who have passed on. Yes, I deliver messages to the grieving all the time, in all kinds of circumstances, from those who passed 2 weeks ago to those who passed 40 years ago. I read all the afterlife communication books, looking for ones that I can recommend to clients - and I strongly recommend this one. This one is the real deal, and you will do yourself a favor by reading it. Those who pass on can and do communicate with us, and you are sensitive to their messages or you are not, that is the truth. No amount of begging heaven for a message will work for you if you are not sensitive. And no one author has it all about the next life, but this one has most of it. No, I don't have any financial interest in the book, nor do I know Ms. Kagan, but I know the truth when I read it, so my advice is: If you are genuinely interested in the afterlife, read this one. If on the other hand you want to believe only one story about the next life, then don't read it, because you will not find your fixed view here. But I have found that among my clients, once they get the proofs they need, including the "secret" words, songs or phrases that they asked their loved one for before they came to see me, then they wake up from the delusions of "religion" and learn to think for themselves. AMEN TO THAT!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Exhilarating Experience, February 20, 2013
Billy Fingers takes us on a jaw-dropping journey through realms I couldn't have imagined and find it hard to believe anyone could make up. This is from a born skeptic. I don't know whether to credit Annie Kagan or Billy Fingers with the spectacular rendering of experiences that must have been very hard to put into words, let alone such consistently dazzling prose. Early on, I let go of whether I believed it and just floated along on the wild and moving ride. The message I took away is that life is an adventure we're meant to have no matter what twists and turns it takes. Thanks to Billy we can now imagine the spiritual universe beyond our spec of a planet and the confines of a mortal body. It's a book I recommend highly and will return to when I find myself thinking small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritually Liberating, March 5, 2013
Author Annie Kagan and her "bad-boy brother" had been somewhat estranged their entire life, largely due to his lifelong addictions and sometimes shady lifestyle. A call from the police department announcing her brother's death may have been unexpected, but his death was not so surprising given that his was a life lived life on the edge. But when Billy suddenly began to communicate with his sister from the after-life, Annie was surprised, disbelieving, and reluctant to share this news with others.

Through a series of cryptic messages from Billy that materialize in Annie's life (and others), along with the support of a writing group, Billy convinces Annie that she must write this book. The result is this fascinating preview of what happens when we die, one that is both quirky and uplifting. In the genre of after-life communications this book stands out for many reasons. But in particular, the detailed descriptions Billy offers of his after-life experiences are `refreshing,' in that they transcend the culturally filtered images we have become somewhat accustomed to, and reveal glorious galaxies of universal awareness and experience. For example:

"After our last visit, I was drifting through the Universe, taking in the sights, when a cosmic wind began to circle me like a slow tornado...Then it was like someone pressed the start button on a cosmic projector and the ring became a circular movie that's still playing all around me. What I'm looking at is very different from any film I've seen in a theater, though. First of all, I'm suspended in the middle of the Universe, and second the entire move is playing all at once and the images are holographic...What's really great is that this hologram has a very special feature...My hologram is expandable. I can follow all the different paths I didn't take when I was alive and see how they would have turned out. What's surprising, though, is that it doesn't seem like one way is more valuable than any others. I don't have a preference. It's all fascinating, and I have no regrets."

..."Here, our telepathic communications fill each other with beauty. Speaking of telepathy, I know you've sometimes wondered if there's any music here. There are so many clichés about angels singing and harps playing...well, once again I can only speak for myself. There aren't exactly any of those things where I am. Here the atmosphere is filled with a soft, ambient sound...There's a constant background haze that reminds me of earth's natural sounds, like wind or rain or ocean waves...Recently, I began to notice that sometimes this haze bursts into a little melody and then that melody quickly disappears. This melody phenomenon is happening more and more, and I really can't say if it's the sound that's changed, or my ability to hear it."

Through Billy's communications and the author's insightful retrospective, readers are taken on an after-life journey that is vivid and inspiring. Billy opens powerful vistas of the after-life, which in turn invite deep contemplation and wisdom for the living. And while this is also an intimate (but not maudlin) look at how a brother and sister learn to navigate a connection through the veils, we also come to understand that each, in their own way, becomes spiritually liberated as a result of what might at first glance, seem to be a tragedy. Highly recommended reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ for your Spiritual Journey!, March 3, 2013
My spiritual journey has taken me to many houses of worship, to countless bookstores, to thousands of hours of reading, to purchases at new age shops, to expensive sessions with mediums, to meditation and of course to the worldwide web. I have struggled through Jane Roberts' 'Seth' books, studied 'A Course in Miracles' aligned my chakras and tried to be a sponge and soak up all I could learn.

Yesterday my friend Susan, posted on Facebook about the release of this book 'The Afterlife of Billy Fingers'. I immediately purchased and downloaded it on my Kindle. I followed Billy's journey, thanks to Annie and Billy. I cried and I laughed and I learned a lot, through their journey. This morning when the book ended, I needed MORE! I want to thank the powers that be for the permission they must have given to help Billy be able to tell his story, and also for Annie to be able to hear it.

I wish I had read this book years ago or something like it. The beauty and simplicity and wonder touched my soul unlike all the other books I have ever read before. Trust me when I tell you, I have been reading 2 to 3 books a week since 5th grade and I will be 59 years old this coming Friday.I guess you can say I know what I like when it comes to books. This one was a life changer. If your search brought you here, it was for a very good reason. READ THIS BOOK!

5.0 out of 5 stars redemption, February 20, 2013
The narritive has a life of it's own. the writing can be poetic at times and the underlying message of persoanl redemption remains profound. So refreashing to read a book from a new novelist that is able to capture our hearts and our minds allowing us to question our previous beliefs regarding the afterlife with such complete abandon. The book reads like a privite retreat since it delivers such intimate messages connectionning us to the universal matrix. Kagen reminding us that we are never alone and always connected makes for a nirvana like feeling and the calmness can be contagious!! I would BUY this book for anyone going thru a loss due to death or addition , or anone who wants to know more about what life hold beyond death. and for us here on earth right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you've ever wondered what happens after we die, this is a MUST READ!, March 20, 2013
Length:: 2:51 Mins

This was filmed the morning after reading this amazing book in one day. It is a page turner that I didn't want to put down. I share my own NDE (Near Death Experience) briefly in this video as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly the blissful read I expected, April 17, 2013
I bought this book after reading so many 5 star reviews. Honestly, I was disappointed. I WANTED to like it. I've been interested in life after death experiences for probably 30 years or more and have read many books on the subject. In addition, I also had a "bad boy" brother who had a very similar life to the author's own brother, right down to his cause of death. So, there were parts of the story, that resounded hope and truth and quite frankly, reflected my own beliefs or at least what I HOPE to be real. Here's what didn't ring true exactly for me. Mind you, I am NOT suggesting that the author was fabricating her story. I cannot dispute the fact that she communicated with her brother after his death. I just feel that she has a very firm belief in her philosophy,(obviously she has studied eastern religion and most likely western too), and that perhaps, in parts shared with the reader what SHE believes is fact. First of all, the way the author writes when using her brother's words seems very formal. His manner of speech just didn't seem to be natural. I kept thinking, "is THAT how her brother spoke to her when he was alive?" It sounded almost biblical. Also regarding the parts where Ms. Kagan stated she researched some of the Sanskrit terms after her brother used them, I felt that just the opposite, had happened. In other words, it was as if Ms.Kagan had done the research FIRST and then inserted it into the story. There are plenty of folks who'll disagree with my opinion I'm sure. Unfortunately, I became very weary while reading the descriptions in the last few chapters of this book. If Billy and Ms.Kagan were given the spiritual task of writing THE book on the afterlife, I'm sorry to say, I think it could've been more interesting to the average person searching for the comfort that the author herself has found. Could this have been due to editing??? This past year, I lost another brother and in my grief, began a quest once again to find out just where one's soul goes after death. This is the main reason I read this book. And although I DO share many of Ms Kagan's beliefs, I did not find the comfort I sought. I have to say, that it DID help me, however. I now feel like abandoning my search. After all no one really knows the secret, except those who have already crossed over. As Eckhart Tolle said during an interview once, and I'm paraphrasing,...It will be a big surprise!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! MUST READ!, February 20, 2013
WOW! Now I understand what Steve Jobs meant when he said his last famous words..WOW This amazing book is very spiritual. I am a baby boomer and really feel that more than any other book on the afterlife, this book speaks to me. It talks about things I know inside but haven't had the words to express. Billy, the spirit who communicates with his sister from the afterlife is extremely funny and wise. This uplifting book isn't just about death...it's about how to enjoy life. Thanks Billy!

5.0 out of 5 stars For many...the most important book you'll ever read!, February 22, 2013
Sean W (Palm Beach Gardens, FL, US) - See all my reviews
It's impossible to put into words how much of a seminal work this is for anyone who has seen someone close to them pass on to the other side. Whatever fear I ever had of the unknown was immediately destroyed by the amount of detail provided by this book. This isn't one of those books where it's 90% fluff and a little "experience"...this is a masterpiece of writing told through heartfelt personal narrative with play by play action from beyond told by Billy! I only wish I could experience the first read all over again. My deepest thanks go to Billy and Annie for sharing this gift to humanity!

5.0 out of 5 stars Let the moments fill you, February 20, 2013
Billy sounds like quite a character. I love the fact that he would be the last person one would think would offer an opening to an expanded spiritual vision, but his presence feels very real. I have spent a lifetime searching for spiritual awareness and Billy (and Dr. Kagan) offer their insights in a very down-to-earth way. This loving story inspired me. I keep one of the quotes from Billy on my desktop, "Life's very temporary so don't let time just pass. Let the moments fill you - the ones you judge as good as well as bad." It has made me more alive.

$16.95 $11.30