Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

100%
Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$8.99

on January 22, 2014
Port Blue's "The Airship" is in a genre all its own.The music is different. Its the music you might hear playing at a clothing store while you shop. If your life was a video game, this could be the music played in the background.

A quote from Adam Young can help here: "'Port Blue' is music that can be heard playing in elevators, hotel lobbies, airports, museums and restaurants inside my head. It is the soundtrack to my dreams." - wikipedia page for Port Blue.

The only lyrics in the entire album are in the beginning of "Over Atlantic City" and I believe they are in french. Its really hard to describe because the album shows you there is an entire genre that is lacking. Where do you find similar music to Port Blue? Even Adam Young's other stuff isn't very similar. Nothing from Owl City comes close.

Some songs are a little gritty, like something that would be played on a rainy day. The foot steps used in the beginning of "At Anchor" have that little bit of crackle, a squeeze of the ice and grit on the road that he is walking on. Distant background noise, like a cafe or an open door to a restaurant. What other song could you name that would describe a rainy, solitary walk?

Other songs like Up Ship! and Sunset Cruiser are a steady upward climb, slowly bringing more to the table, adding instruments and elements to the music. These two are my favorite songs in the album, because they steadily build up into something fantastic. Arrival at Sydney Harbour can also be grouped into this category.

The Grand Staircase and Under the Glass Observation Dome have a unique feeling to them, not eerie, but a start as if you were walking into an abandoned property or ruins, something untouched by the human hand for some time. The Cargo Bay is like sunshine filtering through the old windows of the ceiling of a massive, empty warehouse. You're amazed at the old architecture, gazing at the empty cargo containers and marvel how something once so busy can be so quiet.

The Airship is wonderful, unique, and completely different from any of the music I have in my library. Its the music you have heard but can never put a finger on what it is, or who performed it. You've heard it playing in the background at a store, and it enters your consciousness only a little, but there are no lyrics for you to google to discover its owner. This is the music of spaces and experiences. You won't regret this purchase, for there is a purpose to this music that nothing else in your library can satisfy.
on October 10, 2010
Excellent tracks. Put these pressure waves in your ear holes and go far away!
on September 9, 2009
I Love everything about this Great Album! Thank you!
Little recommendation: "Dolomiti Super Chill "
another Great Album!

Enjoy it!!!
on February 19, 2016
This is what heaven must sound like. I eat, drink, inhale, and fill my veins with every bit of it. I'm in the ship while I listen. It lifts me, causing me to soar and alight once more. But that string section in The Cargo Bag makes me positively swoon. I even began crying AT WORK! while nearly audibly mumbling, "It's so beautiful, it's so beautiful". Praise the Lord for this sound and this talent.
on October 19, 2012
This shows that Adam Young is a genius. I love the ambient sound, it is so relaxing and calming. It is perfect for study music :D
on January 22, 2014
I was inspired by many of these songs to make/animate/film a scene for each of these songs. The problem is I have no skills in these areas to make that scene a reality. I pictured a student of an airship academy graduating and flying his first airship to new lands; A woman walking down an airship terminal remembering her brother as she has a duty to pilot a dangerous mission. These songs incited an inspirational spark, and even though I can't animate or film, I can do other things that require creative processes. I would highly recommend this entire album to anyone wanting to make, create, or design something, or to those who want peaceful study music.
on September 29, 2013
Love Adam Youngs music. I would highly recommend this album as well as any Sky Sailing and Owl City album!
on May 26, 2014
Most of us have heard of the uber-popular Owl City, but I have only recently been introduced to Port Blue, a side project by the man behind Owl City. Reviews prompted me to buy this cd. I am SO happy I did!! If you took the chill songs from Owl City, removed the vocals, and then added even more ambience to them, you get Port Blue. This is perfect driving music, travel songs or beachside sundowner accompaniments. Every song is relaxing, chilled out, thought-provoking, beautifully arranged, diverse, peaceful and leaves you wanting more. The only negative I can honestly say is that some songs are too short, and you literally desire more length. I am on the fence with Owl City; the songs and even vocals can be very similar to my ears. This album, though, is not! If you're on the fence like me, don't hesitate!!!!!! Very versatile instruments and beats (almost chilled out trance), and something anybody who enjoys really great music will love. I had flashbacks to early days of Enigma (minus the annoying male vocals!). I can't recommend Port Blue more; some of the best instrumental music out there today. So sit back and enjoy the ride.
on June 29, 2014
Ok, so it $20 for The Airship and The Albatross EP, but I grabbed both and made a CD with both and LOVE it. Good for homework, art, cleaning the house. It's just music mostly, barely any lyrics, but a great listen. And as a bonus free bonus, go to Noisetrade and pick up the free album Stargazing by Sunroof. Don't know the dude, but his music is worth the $6 I tipped him. Hope he keeps it up :)
on January 7, 2015
Great background music. It's spacey, but cohesive.