Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Alexandria Project: A Tale of Treachery and Technology
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 7, 2016
I typically read nonfiction books, but this one sounded intriguing so I took a chance and purchased it. I thoroughly enjoyed the humor, characters, plot and the thrilling climax. A great read, so good that I decided to get The Lafayette Campaign and put aside my nonfiction for another fun ride.
on July 6, 2016
Move over Ludlum, Clancy and Balducci, there's a great author here. Apparent knowledge of technology and government operations guarantees enjoyment of this nail biter. Descriptions of several locales adds to enjoyment.
on June 30, 2016
Really liked the characters, fun, interesting plot, and learned a lot of cool things. Plus, great Star Wars reference-good humor. Very enjoyable read!
on June 4, 2016
I was pleasantly surprised by this story. It was relevant to current events and issues. I enjoyed that fact that Frank saved the day and look forward to reading more books in this series.
on June 4, 2016
The reader reads, but feels cheated at the finish. Big opening, small finish. Conspiracies need to be bigger, better, and believable.
on May 11, 2016
Personally, I found it a great read. The technical details were accurate – which is a rarity these days. Far too often I’ll read a techno-thriller and find all kinds of gross inaccuracies, but The Alexandria Project made it work without getting drug down in the technical details or simply making technology up.

The Alexandria Project has a goodly portion of the alphabet soup of American intelligence agencies, a dysfunctional genius of a computer security specialist, the North Koreans, and enough intrigue to keep you on the edge of your seat. You can never go wrong with the North Koreans; they’re like the Nazis of the modern world.

A highly recommended read.
Thriller is pushing it, but this is an entertaining read if you don't think too much about the details or expect too much edge-of-seat tension. While a couple tenuous jumps of reason marred the storyline, the action moves at a steady pace, and the underlying point is worth considering: We need hardcopy books and we also need to make sure our crucial computer systems and files are unhackable. I'm going with 5☆ because I think the basic cautionary concepts outweigh the minor logical fallacies and typos (and Amazon doesn't allow ½☆s).
on February 29, 2016
A high-tech thriller packed with accurate details about cyberwar, espionage, and web start-up funding, with interesting characters, scathing satire, and a thought-provoking plot. The fast-paced story is written in a refreshing light and engaging tone, but perhaps going a bit too far with some of the character name, such as Lieutenant Grid-Li (a play on the name of the famous US Navy officer).
on November 24, 2015
Since this is a second edition, it's much cleaner in terms of mistakes. Some people may think the book is over the top, but broad satire is just that. My 2 favorites are Pox News and General Bach Choy. I laughed myself silly throughout the book. So much satire, so little time...hated for the book to end...but glad it did so I can start the second one.
on November 9, 2015
I actually read – and loved – the sequel, The Lafayette Campaign, first. I liked it so much, I rushed back to buy this book. I was not disappointed. It features the same engaging protagonist unraveling a really scary enigma in cyberspace. While it, too, is a cautionary cyber-thriller about how easily our dependence upon digital data could be used against us, it is so absorbing that I read it straight through well past my bedtime. I read a lot of books, but I review very few. Except for C. G. Cooper, this is the first time I have read two in a row by the same author and reviewed both. I am looking forward to more adventures of Frank Adversego from Andrew Updegrove.