5.0 out of 5 stars A very valuable key to creating the joyfilled life you want
Published on March 18, 2007 by Justin Donie

3.0 out of 5 stars Repetition, yet good stuff
Published on August 31, 2006 by Mariedtiger

5.0 out of 5 stars A very valuable key to creating the joyfilled life you want, March 18, 2007
This review is from: The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent: Living the Art of Allowing (Paperback)
I've spent a big chunk of the last 5 years of my life reading, researching and applying the things I've learned from a host of books and audio/visual programs all aimed at helping people live happier and more fulfilling lives. And like so many of the resources I've used during this time, "The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent" (TAPoDI)focuses on tapping into the unrealized potential that lives within all of us, but simply isn't used because we a) don't know about it and b) don't understand how to use it.

As someone who's studied a large volume of material on this general topic, I tend to look at such works from the viewpoint of "how is this material similar to other works I've studied" and "what does it have to offer that's new, original and, especially, useful. Here's my take on TAPoDI:

Like many other "New Age" authors, Esther and Jerry Hicks present to us a view of life in which WE, ourselves, are both the biggest limiting factor in our lives and the key to unleashing the utterly unlimited potential that is the human "spirit". WE create our own life experience. Period. If our lives aren't what we want them to be, aren't enjoyable and don't consist of the things we love most, we have only ourselves to look to for change. If we are living limited and unsatisfying lives, it is we who have (often unwittingly) CHOSEN to do so ... nothing or no one else is to "blame" ... it is we who create our own eperience of life.

But, never fear. As beings whose true nature is that of unlimited spirit with the power to create all that we dream of, it is only our lack of understanding of our true potential and our unwillingness to explore that potential and use it that has kept us locked in lives we don't enjoy completely. Esther and Jerry clearly believe, as do many authors I've studied, that the practical potential of humanity is truly unlimited. In this sense they seem to be adding their voices to the growing number of people whose experience of life is teaching them that we have within us ALREADY the power to create whatever life we want for ourselves.

For me, what differentiated the Hicks' book from others I've read on this general topic was their understanding of the role of human emotions and our response to them in navigating the "HOW" of unleashing our unlimited potential for joy and satisfaction. I mean, it's one thing to declare that human beings have truly unlimited potential ... it's quite another to figure out how to EXPERIENCE that unlimited potential in our day to day lives. What Esther and Jerry have to show us in this book is incredibly useful. What they seem to understand in a way I've not seen presented elsewhere is nothing less than "what human emotions are for and how we can use them to help us navigate our way to a better and better life". What's the scoop?

As unlimited beings of spirit, energy, vibration ... call it what you will ... we are constantly creating our own experience of life. The question is ... are we creating the the experiences we WANT ... or the experiences we DON'T WANT? And how can we tell? Along these lines, I've often heard people jokingly say "wouldn't it be nice if our lives came with a little dash board full of dials and idiot lights that told us when we were doing something stupid and when we were doing something smart" ... well, according to Esther and Jerry ... that's precisely what our emotions are!

From their point of view, negative emotions like frustration, anger, resentment, fear, doubt and the rest are indications that we're looking at life from a point of view which is NOT in harmony with our truly unlimited potential. In short, if you feel bad, you're looking at life from a direction that is NOT an accurate reflection of who and what you really are or what you're capable of creating. IN that moment, you're creating precisely what you DON'T WANT. Your negative feelings are trying to tell you "stop looking at life this way ... if you keep it up, you're not going to create the kind of experiences you want for yourself."

On the other hand, when you're feeling happy, peaceful, kind, cheerful, relaxed, satisfied, joyful and free ... it's an indication that the way you're looking at life is in harmony with the "real you", who is fully capable of creating exactly what you want in life. In those moments, you're creating the life you DO want for yourself.

According to the Hicks, our emotions are the most useful, immediate and relevant indicators of whether or not we're creating the life we want for ourselves or creating it's opposite. So ... when you feel bad ... learn to understand this as a warning to change your outlook and move it in the direction of "I am the unlimited creator of my own experience ... what do I want to create here? What do I really want?". And keep moving your thoughts in this direction until you start to feel good ... the indicator that you're now creating what you DO want.

Much of the New Age message is "stop looking to the world around you to tell you whether or not you're living your life as you should ... rather ... look inside yourself and pay attention to what you find there ... follow it ... trust it ... and find yourself living a life that works better, feels better and IS better." What the Hicks do in TAPoDI is give us an INCREDIBLY useful tool for figuring out HOW to do that. Let your emotions be your guide as to whether or not your living in harmony with your "best self" ... that's what they're FOR.

READING NOTE - The Hicks use the words vibration and vibrational a lot in their book, and to those who aren't used to this language, it can be a bit like reading a foreign language ... you see the word, but you're not sure what it means. The first time I read this book, I found their use of these words very challenging, as I was never quite sure what they were trying to say with them. But something drew me back to this book recently, and I had an insight. I started reading the book and jotting down on the page the word I would use in place of vibration or vibrational, depending on the context of the sentence. I re-read the entire book this way, and it made a huge difference.

In my common language, I found that "vibration" or "vibrational" could mean a wide range of things like spirit, spiritual, desire, the combination of a desire and my attitude about that desire, etc. The way it felt to me ... when I wasn't quite ready to hear what the Hicks had to say, their use of these words was very challenging to me. When I finally felt ready to listen, what they meant became perfectly clear to me. What do I mean?

What the Hicks are really saying in their book is quite simple. Human beings create their own experience of life ... we come equipped with emotions that tell us when we're creating experiences we'll enjoy and when we're not. If we take full responsibility for listening to the guidance of our emotions and using our unlimited spiritual power to create what we want ... we'll be unbelievably happy and fulfilled ... if we don't, we'll continue to live lives of mediocrity and frustration. The up side of this message is ... you can be as happy as you decide you want to be. The down side ... ONLY you can make you happy. My experience of life has taught me that MOST of us are NOT quite ready to take full personal responsibility for our happiness. MOST of us would rather belive it's someone or something else's fault that we're not completely happy. Someone or something else is keeping us from living the life we want to live. What the Hicks are saying is "it's all us, baby" ... "if you're happy ... you did it. If you're not happy ... you did it."

When I first read this book ... or tried to read it ... I wasn't ready to take that level of responsibility for my happiness. I still wanted to believe, at least in part, that someone else should fix my broken life. When I finally got past that ... suddenly understanding their words was not just easy ... it was joyful.

To get an even more "effective" presentation of the ideas the Hicks and Abraham are offering, try their audio CD's (recordings of their workshops). I find them REALLY helpful. In the workshops, the ideas presented in this book are explored from more different angles, with a broader and more flexible vocabulary, and with a wider variety of examples of using these ideas to address real life, every day "problems" of people from the audience. The CD's really helped me form a much more gut level, intuitive understanding of how we truly create our own experiences, how we get in the way of experiencing many of the things we want most and how we can practically and effectively change that, so that what we want becomes what we experience MUCH more quickly. The CD's helped me really understand that the biggest challenge to utilizing the material presented by the Hicks is that it's SO easy, it takes most of us a long time to get to the point where we believe that life really can be this good. But it can. My fiance and I have seen what seemed to be hurdle after hurdle just fall away as we've learned to truly and practically ALLOW our lives to be enjoyable and effortless. Things that used to feel like dreams to us are happening at a much more rapid pace and we have a very strong sense of the connection between the choices we're making with our emotional state and the results we're achieving in the "real world". Check out the CD's if you enjoyed the books. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best yet!, August 29, 2006
Sneak (Perth, Australia) - See all my reviews
Perhaps in contrast to some other reviewers, I really find "The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent" to be more impressive than "Ask and It Is Given". This book feels richer in some way, particularly in the first half where Abraham expands on the principles of manifestation in a way I've never read anywhere before.

I feel Abraham's real emphasis in this book is on the necessity of a person finding vibrational alignment with their inner being (higher self, etc) in order for our beautiful desires and thoughts to flow through into our lives as actual manifestations. While "Ask and It Is Given" is truly wonderful (and I think the more important book to read first for those just discovering this information), this book represents a real evolution of some of the key concepts. It feels like a deeper work to me somehow, and I find myself returning to its pages frequently throughout the day.

I agree that some of the exercises may seem repetitious, but I believe this is intentional; by exposing us to real-world situations (and ones that nearly all of us have experienced at some time), it makes the entire process of deliberate creation a more understandable one. It's as though the first book is the basic reference text, and this one is a kind of "Advanced Applications of..." sequel. Read it and you'll see what I mean.

So in essence, the first book has all one needs to create the life of their dreams -- but this book makes the process so much deeper, supportive and illuminating. What more can one say, but - "Thank you Abraham!".

3.0 out of 5 stars Repetition, yet good stuff, August 31, 2006
This book is about being a conscious creator of your life, how to use thoughts, beliefs and emotions to create the circumstances and events of your life. The material is empowering and powerful and the exercises really work, I have used them in my life and professionally. This book can truly be a great resource if you are ready to allow yourself what you really truly want.

If you don't own previous works of abraham-hicks, this book is great. Yet if you own books or recordings, or frequent their website, this book propably will not offer you anything new. The same processes that we got to know in "Ask and It Is Given" are again presented here, with new examples.

Personally I find the two first books of Abraham and Hicks the best A New Beginning I and II, their material comes alive when in dialogue with people and their problems or wishes.

This is a how-to book. If you are interested in a resource that gives you a more in-depth version of why this works, The Nature of Personal Reality by Jane Roberts is a great complement to this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only book you'll ever need. Ever., December 13, 2005
LG "LG" (Sunnyvale, CA) - See all my reviews
Jerry and Esther has once again, given us the keys to the Kingdom in this book.

It explains the reasons for us being here, tells us how to live a joyous life and best of all teaches us how to utilize various processes to live the life we were born to live!

I have been practicing the Abraham-Hicks philosophies for two years now and they are changing my life for the better in every moment.

This book unlocks the freedom we've all been seeking for thousands of years...

What feels better than knowing you are a clear-minded, magnificent, good-feeling, brilliant, creative, loving genius?

5.0 out of 5 stars Read This Book Consciously, May 22, 2006
What I am hearing people complain about in their reviews is that there is nothing new in this book, of course there's nothing new you silly little ninnies! Truth will always be the same; yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Of course, people will always find different ways to say the same thing, but the bottom line is that it will still be the same thing. The question is not whether or not you want to buy the book, the question should be, "Am I really going to embody the messages that I am reading"? I have over 1,000 books in my personal library and yeah, a lot of them are incredibly similar, but I find that even with the slightest bit of a slant on something, I can understand it and apply it in a whole new way.

The real truth is that we don't really need any of the books we have read or will read. We don't need to go to lectures or seminars or even to church or the temple; all we really need to ever really do is go within. Past our personal b.s. (belief systems) and straight to our own personal fount of wisdom and truth. The reason we don't go there more is because we are scared that we might run into a monster or two but hey, I created the monsters in my life, as well. I might as well embrace them. Besides, monsters are so misunderstood and they need love too.

But get this book and start consciously and deliberately applying the information. No, you probably won't bump into anything new, but embrace what you are willing to now know fully and completely.

I bless you on your journey.

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Techniques, too much filler stuff..., July 16, 2006
Personally, I'm not a big fan of channelled material. So, I read this material as if it was written by Esther and Jerry Hicks based on tapping the all-knowing power within them. That being said, I do appreciate those techniques and explanations why it is important to master one's own feelings while creating a life that is enjoyable.

Based on my own spiritual expeditions, I know there is nothing more important than learning to be the commander of your own feelings, mental as well as self-images. Toward this purpose, Abraham-Hicks offers great tools, easy-to-understand and implement techniques.

This is my first Abraham-Hicks book that I have read, and I must say it explains things so that even someone not too familiar with their teachings can grasp it, understand what they mean -- and follow along. They say it is a sequel to "Ask and It Is Given", but even without reading "Ask and It Is Given", I was able to follow the trail without a problem.

The only reason why I give 4 stars instead of 5 stars is that I think the book has too much filler. Same technique is explained with so many boring examples that I started feeling a bit irritated (revising those feelings as I write). I don't know about rest of you, but I get it with few examples. I don't need fifty examples how to apply it. I am a creative being, I can do it on my own. The way Abe-Hicks did it is that they gave a technique, and then made up tens of different cases and instructed on each case how to use it.. It started to feel like "Abraham-Hicks for dummies" toward the end... DUH!

However, my slight irritation and skipping those examples paid off and in the end of the book I found much appreciated Abraham-Hicks transcript with Q&A. It too seemed more or less like filler.... but at least it was ten times more interesting to read than the examples.

Beginners --- feel free to get a copy of this book.. Advanced Abers, I am not sure how much new information you would discover from this book... These same things are discussed on numerous Abraham-Hicks tapes that a friend has shared with me previously. So it is not all that new.

It works, if you do those damn drills... and this is science that I love... Science of making your life worth a while, and making it so memorable that you'd like to live it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Amazing Journey Back to Center, January 1, 2006
Barbara Rose (BornToInspire.com) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This is undeniably an incredible book where the message of taking personal responsibility to reach WITHIN and move into your center, your essence, and from that point, allowing your intentions to flow into manifestation, instead of racking your brain trying to control everything outside of you is the Divine gift of this book.

I would have to also say that as you read, you will become much more aware of the process by which true manifestation occurs, and as you learn to get out of your own way, by bringing yourself back to center, you will undoubtedly be living the process of pure and effortless manifestation - because it is the natural state of your BEING, and this is hence made clear in your expression and manifestation combined.

A superior classic right from start to finish! You might also want to get "Ask and It is Given" also by Esther and Jerry Hicks, both are exceptionally well written!

Barbara Rose, Ph.D. author of Stop Being the String Along: A Relationship Guide to Being THE ONE and Know Yourself: A Woman's Guide to Wholeness, Radiance & Supreme Confidence

5.0 out of 5 stars Hold tight....this could change your life!, November 6, 2006
After reading "Ask, and it is Given," I couldn't resist "The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent." Both volumes contain essentially the same concepts and ideas. This book is more assertive and direct in its approach...refreshing and consciousness-raising. I alternate them in my daily reading, as I sometimes "hear" from one better than the other. They are both excellent guides to law of attraction and alignment with source energy. But be aware....this material has the propensity to be life-changing.....

5.0 out of 5 stars I've read about 15 different "attraction books"......, January 29, 2007
..... and this book is the ONLY one I have read that fills in the holes, and answers the many questions I had, why I wasn't manifesting the things I desired. For many months now, I have been studying the authors of "The Secret" and I have received very few results for my efforts. Upon reading this book, I now understand why. This book is the Bible on attraction. It answers the many why's and how's that other books leave out. This IS a difficult read. The language is written on a college level, and slightly less educated folks may have trouble interpreting a lot of the meaning. However, it is worth it, even if you have to read it over 5x before getting the gist of it.

Excellent book, and I feel 100x stronger after reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reads like a paraphrase of "Ask and It Is Given", March 28, 2006
Fast Forward (Nagoya, Aichi Japan) - See all my reviews
"Ask and It Is Given" just blew me away, and once I had really read it through several times (and started having success in manifesting), I wondered what else there was. I found my way to the Abraham-Hicks website where I was able to download a long recording of Abraham actually speaking. Wow.

I then noticed another book available, "The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent", and its table of contents preview seemed to suggest that there was lots of new material inside.

UPSIDE: "Deliberate Intent" contains some vibration-raising exercises for relationship problems, work-related problems, etc. that go further than the first book.

It also includes transcripts of sessions where people actually asked Abraham for help with their own personal problems (Abraham Live-Questions and Answers). A lot of it was surprising. I wish there had been more of that, because it was so educational.

DOWNSIDE: A lot of the book covers exactly the same material as does "Ask and It Is Given", only it is worded and organized differently.

I don't think it's so much a problem of the authors "padding", as it is this: the process of manifesting as laid out by Abraham is deceptively simple; so simple in fact, that one can only elaborate on it so much and that's it.

"Ask and It Is Given" is still my all-time favorite book of this genre, and I rate it one star higher than "Deliberate Intent". They are both good books, but the former will always be the magical key of manifesting for my money.

The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent: Living the Art of Allowing
$14.95 $13.46
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.