5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book
Published on May 17, 2009 by lawyerlady63

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with some of the advice!
Published on February 3, 2011 by Medavinci

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, May 17, 2009
As someone who has suffered from hypertension since I was 26 years old, had an adrenalectomy to correct a potassium imbalance that did not correct my hypertension, I am a believer that there must be natural ways to cure disease. This book repeated some of the other schools of though about curing hypertension naturally, but also shared Dr. Braverman's natural supplementation that he uses at his clinic. I took this book to my Internist who is familiar with my struggle to control my hypertension, and I asked her to read the book and come up with a supplementation protocol for me. My doctor reported that she enjoyed the book as it had reminded her of some of the nutrition themes she had learned in medical school. We worked together on a supplementation for my treatment of hypertension. I wish I could afford to go to Dr. Braverman's clinic in New York, but until then I will follow the guidelines on eating, exercise and natural supplementation in this book. I have not yet weaned myself off of hypertension medication, but I have been able to resist adding more medication, which does not make me better, but only more dependent on chemicals to cure disease.

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting!, May 22, 2008
Robert Swann (Norfolk, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This is an interesting book, and hard to believe.

It could use more case histories.Surely, they are available. Also, the case histories included do not seem to follow the supplement program recommended. The reasons for such deviations, when not obvious, could be detailed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with some of the advice!, February 3, 2011
Medavinci (California & Manhattan) - See all my reviews
The use of Safflower Oil in the recipes, in my opinion, should be avoided at all costs. Safflower oil is an omega-6 which is harmful to the body. Some people use safflower oil to maintain or increase weight when they are very ill. You should not take it either if you are allergic to eggs or soybean oil, have had kidney disease or diabetes, are, or plan to become, pregnant, or are breastfeeding. I'm not sure if the book states this. I am writing this review only because I saw the use of safflower oil in the recipes listed in "look inside this book," which completely put me off from purchasing it. There are also other side effects of safflower oil, per the website, the dangers of safflower oil [...], like vomiting, chills, fever and shivering when used in higher amounts. They list other adverse reactions such as hyperlipemia, dyspnea, cyanosis, flushing, dizziness, headache, sleepiness, nausea, hyperthermia, sweating, chest and back pain, thrombocytopenia, hypercoagulability and transient increases in liver enzymes, so how could this oil be at all beneficial in heart disease? However, I did read on other websites that if you use it as part of a balanced diet, key is balanced with more omega 3's, then it does not have any side effects. However, having an excess of omega-6 EFAs in your diet is now being linked to greater incidence of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity and non-insulin dependent diabetes. Safflower oil is full of omega6-EFAs and perhaps that is why it says consult your physician after the asterisk next to safflower oil. I don't know why they would not promote more heart healthy oils like Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Canola Oil (maybe it is noted in the book). Maybe you can substitute oils. I just wanted to make people aware of this before purchasing. I am glad they had the recipes in the preview of the book, otherwise I would have purchased it and been very disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why Drugs are Not the Answer to Heart Disease, April 14, 2005
What a wonderful idea Dr. Braverman promises - "REVERSE HEART DISEASE, Naturally" with his "30- to 90-Day No-More hypertension and Heart Disease Program" in 198 pages. Who is Eric Braverman? As founder and Director of PATH Medical (the Place for achieving Total Health) in New York City he's "considered one of America's most innovative physicians" according to his publisher Basic Health.

Updating his 1996 research by adding daughter Dasha Braverman's RAINBOW DIET (choosing the right fresh colorful fruits and vegetables) the results to be expected are a "Drug-free, robust life" in one year.

So you ask - How can you do it? Well, Braverman says you can:

Lower blood pressure to 120/80 - 135/85.

Triglycerides and cholesterol to below 200 and increase HDL to above 50.

Discontinue all beta-and alpha blockers, calcium channel blockers, ACE inhibitors.

Just replace with his Special Formula's number 1 to 14.

Then, Reduce Stress with Cranial Electric Stimulation (CES) by sending gentle electrical signals to the vagus nerve in your brain with his RELAX-MATE, a TENS - a transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation unit, for 15-60 minutes a day to release GABA and acetylcholine in your brain because it's biofeedback like training for self control and peace of mind.

All that can help you to "break addictive food habits and destructive behaviors". Dr. Braverman defines depression "as anger turned inward" and suggests emotions "contribute to blockages in the large vessels supplying blood to the brain." New science that`s easy to follow and easy to use.

With this book anyone ought to be able to "Reverse Heart Disease -Naturally!"

Dan Kassell

3/13/05

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend this for everyone, December 14, 2008
This book gives so much information that is easy to understand and easy to put to use in your life. Even if someone doesn't have heart disease this would still be a healthy way to eat and live your life. The recipes are very tasty and easy to make. Drugs certainly are not the only answer in reducing cholesterol or high blood pressure. This book has helped us in just the first month of using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT HELP, January 15, 2011
DR. Eric Braverman who is a genius in so many ways gives you a very good head start on how to reduce high blood pressure naturally - which can be done. Save yourself the side effects of dangerous medicines and operations. Read and apply this book. It will make a difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice for heart disease, March 7, 2009
This is a very good book on how to take care of your heart. Natural way to help improve your heart. Easy to read, lots of good advice. Recomend

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Help for a Serious Problem, January 7, 2013
Jeanette Ansell (Palmerston North, Manawatu, NZ) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book for my husband who has hypertension himself and heart disease on his father's side. He's begun reading the book and has already started altering his eating patterns. Dr Braverman certainly knows his subject and gives you a lot of background knowledge and understanding on how brain chemistry affects the functioning of every organ in the body and gives you hope in being able to make changes in yourself through what you eat and take in the way of supplements to bring about improvement.
This book, for us, isn't just an academic read as the help it gives will be life changing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast forward to amazing research!, December 29, 2012
This review is from: The Amazing Way to Reverse Heart Disease: Beyond the Hypertension Hype: Why Drugs are Not the Answer (Paperback)
this book is the most comprehensive book and approach I've read to-date.I would recommend it to anyone with any of the metabolic syndrome indicators: high blood pressure, cholesterol, or pre-diabetes diagnosis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book!, December 19, 2012
My husband got off of blood pressure medicine, by following the guidelines in this book.
He has been on blood pressure medicine for several years! He feel better than he has in years!

$24.99 $22.49