Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "The Amazing Spider-Man - Nintendo Wii U” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 69% off the $59.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
The Amazing Spider-Man - Nintendo Wii U
|Price:||$21.77 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$38.22 (64%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Spider-Man's Triumphant Return to New York - Everybody's favorite web-head is back in Manhattan with the return of the fan-favorite, free-roaming, web-slinging gameplay
- Web Rush: Player Choice Evolved - Players use real-time navigational and combat choices to fight crime and pull off Spidey's signature acrobatic moves like never before
- Find Out What Happens Next - Uncover the rest of Peter Parker's untold story in the all-new epilogue story to the Columbia Pictures' 2012 blockbuster theatrical release
- Push Spider-Man's Abilities to the Limit - Battle all-new versions of classic Super Villains as well as original, larger than life enemies - some of the biggest ever seen in a Spider-Man video game - while racing to save Manhattan
- The Amazing Spider-Man DLC Bundle Pack Included - Unleash the Stan Lee Adventure Pack, Lizard Rampage Pack, Rhino Challenge, and Oscorp Search and Destroy Pack on your Wii U
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Set shortly after the events of Columbia Pictures' summer 2012 blockbuster, The Amazing Spider-Man throws New York City's brand new hero back into free-roaming, web-slinging action, as he protects the Big Apple from a deluge of unimaginable threats.
- Spider-Man's Triumphant Return to New York -Everybody's favorite web-head is back in Manhattan with the return of the fan-favorite, free-roaming*, web-slinging gameplay.
- Web Rush: Player Choice Evolved - Players use real-time navigational and combat choices to fight crime and pull off Spidey's signature acrobatic moves like never before.
- Find Out What Happens Next - Uncover the rest of Peter Parker's untold story in the all-new epilogue story to the Columbia Pictures' 2012 blockbuster theatrical release.
- Push Spider-Man's Abilities to the Limit - Battle all-new versions of classic Super Villains as well as original, larger than life enemies - some of the biggest ever seen in a Spider-Man video game - while racing to save Manhattan.
- The Amazing Spier-Man DLC Bundle Pack Included - Unleash the Stan Lee Adventure Pack, Lizard Rampage Pack, Rhino Challenge, and Oscorp Search and Destroy Pack on your Wii UTM!
- OsPhone Brings Wii UTM GamePad to Life - Use Spidey's in-game cellphone through the GamePad to accept new challenges, navigate the city, and manage upgrades and experience.
Platform: Nintendo Wii U
Top Customer Reviews
When I saw that this game was out on the Wii U, I instantly purchased it...for a great price too! (Got it from Best Buy - price matched with Toy's R Us for $30! I think it's still worth the $40 it's selling for here.)
So my dream came true. This is the closest I can get to actually being Spider-man. And it's awesome! I've already spent hours just swinging around New York city. It's like having as much as I want of the best parts of the movies. I feel like the game is even more entertaining and action-packed. And did I mention - you get to be Spider-man!
I've been playing Batman Arkham City and love it...as it allowed me to be Batman. Now this game lets me be Spider-man! Going through the levels, getting the bad guys with stealth and fighting them, climbing, swinging, it's all so much fun.
Ok so yes, I am a 36 years old guy. But this makes me feel like a kid. Speaking of kids, I showed my kids the free-roam swinging through the city and they loved it as well.
So if you're like me and have always daydreamed about swinging around like Spider-man, this game will make that dream come true as it did for me. Whoooooooo hoooo!
The Amazing Spider-Man takes us back to an Open-world/free-roaming format of NYC, a feature that's been lost on Spider-Man games for some time. The Wii U's game pad allows for off-screen play and in normal play is used for the OsPhone and city map which I found convenient as I'm someone who gets turned around easily and is constantly referring back to the map.
The graphics aren't quite up to par with the 360/PS3 version, with some jagged edges here and there and loading times that seem longer than necessary but aren't completely horrible. I was thrilled to find all the DLC from the 360/PS3 versions included on the disc, including the Stan Lee Adventure Pack, Rhino Challenge, Oscorp Search and Destroy Pack, and Lizard Rampage Pack,.
There's a decent amount of game play here with missions popping up on a consistent basis, collectibles scattered throughout the city for you to collect, and a level based gameplay which allows you to tackle levels at your own pace.
I found the controls to be decent and the game to be entertaining overall. Sure it has a few shortcomings but if you're a huge Spidey fan you shouldn't have much trouble finding something to love about this game.
The Story: The story for this game was a pretty good one. It had lots of characters, most of which were enemies. However, there's a lot of dialogue and when you come to a cut scene you can't skip, it kind of drags on.
The Combat: In this game, Spider-Man has some of the most amazing acrobatic skills I've ever seen in a video game. That said, it is very hard to lose. You could take on about 5-10 guys at once and still come out on top, even on the hardest difficulty. Unless there are several enemies with rifles, you will most likely always win. There are some new moves to use, like stealth takedowns, Web Rush, and "signature moves" which make it even easier. Which brings us to the next topic.
The Enemies: This is by far the lowest point of the game. Nicest way to say it: The enemies have no brain. If you use the previously stated stealth takedown when there is more than one enemy around, the others will NOT react unless you do right in front of them. The enemies also have no audio receptors. If you're fighting enemies on a lower level and win, you can make all the noise you want and the other enemies that aren't on the same level as you won't notice. And unless you are in the room, the enemies will not react to you. you can be right outside the door and they won't notice. I even climbed right in front of someone and there was no reaction. One more thing about the enemies is when you use your Web Retreat move, you will lose the enemies. They'll look around for with flashlights no matter what time of day it may be. Summing it up, if you know what you're doing, the only difficulty you'll find, if any, is in the boss fights.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is better than all previous Spider-man games I've played on the xbox and PS3. The web rush mode is by far the best new feature. I really like the stealth take downs. Read morePublished 4 months ago by A. Hughes
This game really puts you in Spidey's shoes. I am just starting out on the easiest setting, but it is a lot of fun. Graphics are pretty nice.Published 8 months ago by Matthew Davidson Rubush