Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "The Amazing Spider-Man” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 58% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
The Amazing Spider-Man
|Price:||$26.98 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$13.01 (33%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Spider-Man's Triumphant Return to New York - Everybody's favorite web-head is back in Manhattan with the return of the fan-favorite, free-roaming, web-slinging gameplay.
- Web Rush: Player Choice Evolved - Players use real-time navigational and combat choices to fight crime and pull off Spidey's signature acrobatic moves like never before.
- Find Out What Happens Next - Uncover the rest of Peter Parker's untold story in the all-new epilogue story to the Columbia Pictures' 2012 blockbuster theatrical release.
- Push Spider-Man's Abilities to the Limit - Battle all-new versions of classic Super Villains as well as original, larger than life enemies - some of the biggest ever seen in a Spider-Man video game - while racing to save Manhattan.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The Amazing Spider-Man is a single player Action-Adventure game designed to coincide with the 2012 major motion picture. The game is an exclusive video game adventure that continues the story told in the film. Features include, an open-world game design that allows the player to roam the game environment as they will, the "web rush" feature that allows Spidey to sneak up on opponents, new and reimagined enemies, and a random mission play option.
Continue the Story of The Amazing Spider-Man
Harness Spider-Man's powers with Manhattan as your playground...Set shortly after the events of Columbia Pictures' new film, The Amazing Spider-Man throws New York City's brand new hero back into free-roaming, web-slinging action, as he protects the Big Apple from a deluge of unimaginable threats. Enjoy challenging Action Platforming gameplay, set in an open-world game environment packed with real-time navigation and combat choices. Utilizing set, and random mission play, fight small-time crime, participate in unusual photography shoots, and defeat an array of reimagined enemies familiar from Spider-man comics and movies.
Key Game Features
- Spider-Man's Triumphant Return to New York - Everybody's favorite web-head is back in Manhattan with the return of the fan-favorite, free-roaming, web-slinging gameplay
- Web Rush: Player Choice Evolved - Players use real-time navigational and combat choices to fight crime and pull off Spidey's signature acrobatic moves like never before
- Find Out What Happens Next - Uncover the rest of Peter Parker's untold story in the all-new epilogue story to the Columbia Pictures' 2012 blockbuster theatrical release
- Push Spider-Man's Abilities to the Limit - Battle all-new versions of classic super villains as well as original, larger than life enemies – some of the biggest ever seen in a Spider-Man video game - while racing to save Manhattan
- Random Mission Play - Accept or decline random missions scattered throughout the game, including photgraphy gigs and capturing criminals
- Play as Stan Lee (Pre-order bonus) - Pre-order customers recieve the Stan Lee Adventure pack, as a digital download, that allows them to play as Stan Lee as he web slings around NYC in search of the missing pages of a script
Web rush stealth takedowns.
New & reimagined villains.
Varied random mission play.
Stan Lee pre-order offer.
Platform: Xbox 360
Top Customer Reviews
I just got the game today. I must say that if I could do it over, I might have waited to play it until after seeing the movie. I'm only a couple levels into it, which took a couple of hours, and I now know some major plot points to the movie. If you want the movie to be more exciting, hold off on this until you see it. There are many spoilers. So, besides that, here are my main points about the game.
First, the pros:
1. I feel like Spider-man. I've played Spider-man 1, 2, 3, Ultimate Spider-man, and Spider-man: Web of Shadows. So far, The Amazing Spider-man captures the feeling that you really are Spider-man. You can move around the city with amazing speed. The animations of Spidey swinging around are great. The new Web-Rush feature is really cool too. You even go to Peter's apartment where you select portions of the room for level selection, story updates, and costumes (yes, you can eventually get the Sam Raimi Spider-man costume).
2. The controls are easy. Even though the combat gets somewhat challenging, the controls overall are really easy to remember. The controls are not a distracting factor.
3. The game is very story-driven. The game has a fairly interesting story so far, which I thought seemed to be lacking in other games. The voices are okay: they're not done by the movie's cast, but it's still good.
4. Swinging is fun. The animations of Spider-man jumping, diving, swinging, and wall-running are very well done. I can feel the sense of speed and energy when moving through the city.
5.Read more ›
Should you play it?
Yes - if you're a Spider-Man fan.
I can't recommend this game for everyone, but for those who enjoy the wall-crawler or Spidey games in general, this is a real treat for you. the Open ended city is yours to explore again and it couldn't feel better (I acknowledge most people will complain how the webs don't stick to buildings, but you can always choose to play the game restricting yourself to swing off of ONLY nearby buildings.. until you give in and enjoy breaking the laws of physics for yourself). The indoor levels feel reminiscent to the PS1 Spider-Man games, being all sneaky-like and crawling on the ceilings always fun when not fighting the camera.
Is it better than Spider-Man 2?
That's a big ole MAYBE, but I think it's unfair to compare this game to that one. They're the same in many aspects, but also different games in their own respectful ways. To me, each one has what the other doesn't and that's not really a bad thing to me.
Fighting feels like Batman Arkham series?
Having played both titles now, Spider-man does borrow a few mechanics from the Gotham Knight, but that's not to say there's an identity crisis here; Spidey makes full use of his webs and acrobatics to show off his agility and such which always have that flare you want. There's also the stealth approach of dispatching your enemies which again, reminds of batman to a degree, except Batman can't stick to ceilings. The only gripe with me on this is that the fighting in general feels lacking in polish, but due to time limits on having to release the game on time with the movie, it's understandable why it is so.
Here's the kicker.Read more ›
First thing I noticed was the lack of character likeness and voices. If you are going to make an officially licensed tie-in with the movie, why not go that extra mile and get the actors to do the voices and make their on-screen sprites actually look like the characters they are supposed to be portraying.
There are no spoiler warnings for this game. The game takes place sometime after the movie ends so playing it before you see the movie will reveal plot points, both major and minor, about the upcoming film to include characters that die in the movie.
While there is an over-world that Spiderman can freely swing around, outside of finding collectables and stopping the occasional crime there is very little to do besides swing around as most of the action that drives the story takes place inside buildings. Manhattan itself is poorly represented and if not for a few landmarks like the Empire State building or the Statue of Liberty off in the distance, you could very well be in any generic city. The island is woefully small and it feels like all the life and vibrancy that makes Manhattan wonderful has been sucked out leaving it grey, boring and suspiciously empty. I feel like there is a missed opportunity here to make a living city like that of Liberty City in GTA IV but instead falls victim to the rush to push the game out to coincide with the release of the movie.
As long as we are discussing the open world let's talk about the web swinging. Spiderman 2 for Xbox/PS2/Gamecube was the first time we were able to take to the New York Skyline and web-swing to our hearts content.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Man was this delivered quickly. The item is even better than we had imagined....thank you!Published 1 month ago by Marshall
I loved it because I know everything about Spider Man. And because it's fun to play.Published 5 months ago by janice
Purchased as a gift, and have heard that the recipent loves it.Published 5 months ago by D. L. Coleman